Solarium now 18+

28 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I know I’ve been on Anthem and it’s not a pool. It’s more like a giant bird bath

Potatoes, potaaaatoes. 

For me, the lack of a dive board is just a birdbath.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

It’s about freeing up space for a segment of the cruise to enjoy a particular space. When I’m looking for a seat in an adults only venue and I see groups of loungers taken by young teens I get annoyed. 

If it's about freeing space, then they should instead do something about chairhogs reserving loungers and not using them. I can't imagine kicking out the 16 and 17 year olds will actually make a difference.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

If it's about freeing space, then they should instead do something about chairhogs reserving loungers and not using them. I can't imagine kicking out the 16 and 17 year olds will actually make a difference.

And how about parents teaching their kids good manners, like giving up their seats to older folks?  Hell, I still do it and I'm 72.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

I’ve seen them police chair hogs at the Beach pool on Oasis. And I’ve seen groups of about 6-8 teenagers that look about 13/14 in the Oasis solarium so yes I think it’ll help at least a handful of adults. Plus, apparently from this thread there are some parents that can’t part from their 16 & 17 yr olds so they will also be gone. Every freed up lounger helps.

• Like 3

I've done time in the Anthem Fight Club, eh, Solarium, and I've never seen teens congregate. Adults fighting over chairs? All the time. Adults deciding they are the DJ now and providing tunes for all on their speaker? Yup. Big parties occupying hot tubs all day long? Of course. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I've done time in the Anthem Fight Club, eh, Solarium, and I've never seen teens congregate. Adults fighting over chairs? All the time. Adults deciding they are the DJ now and providing tunes for all on their speaker? Yup. Big parties occupying hot tubs all day long? Of course. 

There’s a whole segment of society that needs to be on the receiving end of a power washer. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 11:13 AM, mkmaj said:

I'm personally very irritated by this. We are sailing in 5 weeks and I was very much looking forward to quiet reading time with my quiet reader 16 year old. It feels like my whole cruise plan has been sabotaged.

I doubt he/she will be even checked. This is more to control groups of teenagers. Just bring your 16 year old in with you. Enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Gerbilicous said:

she has cruised several times before, which is why was looking forward to being able to see and use solarium this time around but now can’t. Of course not worth cancelling over and will be just fine working around it. 

mostly never knew that 16/17 year olds were causing issue that that many people gave feedback they wanted to change it. 

my experience on 7 cruises has been kids are really only an issue on the older ships when you have to walk through the Solarium like on Freedom. Oasis or Quantum I can say I’ve ever really seen kids trying to be in it besides a family walking through to take a look. 

Don't even worry about it. Most girls look older than they really are....plus she will be with you or her grandma..... No one will think twice. Proceed as you were planning!

On 9/28/2023 at 7:03 PM, mkmaj said:

We booked Anthem. We typically sail out of NY, usually on NCL. We've wanted to try RC and Anthem but also wanted everyone to be able to enjoy the highlights.

She will be with you...not a group of kids. Don't think twice about it!!

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

She will be with you...not a group of kids. Don't think twice about it!!

Just a thought.  Would you give the same answer if someone was asking about how to beat the age requirement for drinking?

Like it or not 18 is now the new rule in the solarium and I am not sure that this is the place for advice on how to break the rules and feel good about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

Just a thought.  Would you give the same answer if someone was asking about how to beat the age requirement for drinking?

Like it or not 18 is now the new rule in the solarium and I am not sure that this is the place for advice on how to break the rules and feel good about it.

Underage alcohol consumption versus ignoring a sign to sit quietly beside their family and read a book.

I think you’ll need a better comparison before calling the morality police. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Underage alcohol consumption versus ignoring a sign to sit quietly beside their family and read a book.

I did not intend to compare the two in seriousness. Sneaking a drink either underage or by drink package sharing seems to be a major rule breaking morality discussion on CC

On 9/29/2023 at 6:39 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Eventually they'll probably want to charge a fee to enter the "exclusive adults only zone". And we all know people will pay. 

Yes, because it will mean that you KNOW that everyone in there is 18+ since you'll have to have a ticket/bracelet/something and to get that you have to be 18+. People won't be able to buy a ticket for their "quiet" underage child.

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Do we come to you when determining which rules to follow then?  (Asking for a foe).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

I'm all for breaking rules.  That being said, appears you're playing morality police in determining which rules apply and which don't.  

I was just highlighting the difference in those items, not which apply and which don’t. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes, because it will mean that you KNOW that everyone in there is 18+ since you'll have to have a ticket/bracelet/something and to get that you have to be 18+. People won't be able to buy a ticket for their "quiet" underage child.

All that can be had for the low low price of 24.99 per day (18% gratuity automatically added of course). 

36 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

I did not intend to compare the two in seriousness. Sneaking a drink either underage or by drink package sharing seems to be a major rule breaking morality discussion on CC

I agree. CC seems to have a (curious) general consensus on rules that are ok to break versus ones not to. 
I recall a topic before about the amount of alcohol you can carry onboard and people were saying (paraphrasing) they bring more than the allowance. As you say, mention sharing a drinks package and you better run for cover. 

21 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

All that can be had for the low low price of 24.99 per day (18% gratuity automatically added of course). 

We all make choices. It would be worth it to me to ensure that no one is skirting the rules because their little angel is "calm" and "quiet" and "no one would know". Especially if the crew are not going to enforce a regulation without it being something you can't get if you're not eligible.

Say what you will about Disney - they check the key cards in their adult area and anyone asked for it who can't produce it or whose card is not marked as 18+ is asked to leave.

• Like 2