RCL Customer Service/Ethics Have Vanished - Time to make a move

24 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

As a retired customer service representative and your above statement I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

I'm glad that you worked for such great companies that you never had to do that.  It's certainly not all of the reps but it has happened to me on more than one occasion and reading some of the posts on CC about what people have been told by CSR;'s there is no other logical explanation.

Here's one of my favorites;

I called to try to see if I could find out why the sailing was closed for bookings (charter, drydock etc..)  instead the rep told me that the categories were closed because they were assigning the crew staterooms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here's one of my favorites;

I called to try to see if I could find out why the sailing was closed for bookings (charter, drydock etc..)  instead the rep told me that the categories were closed because they were assigning the crew staterooms.

The Vision quarantine ship 🤪

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

I have an Anthem Sailing in little over a month that I booked over 1 year ago for my 10th anniversary. I booked this sailing specifically because it stopped at Nassau and my kids really wanted to go to Atlantis.

Well, one day before the checkin process was live I thought I would get current on RCL happening and decided to check out this board. I stumbled across a post that stated Anthem was cancelling stops and changing Itineraries. I soon found out that my sailing was no longer stopping at Nassau. To date I have never been contacted by RCL regarding these changes. RCL notified some customers, and not all, which is insane! I double checked my e-mail, junk, no e-mail. Of course when I double checked and searched everything RCL I could find all my billing e-mails and invoices just fine...but no notification regarding any Itinerary changes. 

So of course I immediately e-mail RCL customer relations and I am told to the Guest Experience Management Team at 800-256-6649.

I contact the number first thing. Talk to someone that tells me that Nassau was canceled because of weather (lol over 6 weeks away) and there was NOTHING RCL would do. I request to speak to their manager. Was again told the itinerary was changed because of weather and it was for my "safety" and there was NOTHING RCL could do. I then request to speak to another manager, over one hour later, I am now told the itinerary was changed for our safety because of "ship speeds", and there was nothing RCL could do.

I then stated how disappointed I was based on the following:

1) I booked this over 1 year ago specifically to go to Nassau and Atlantis

- RCL has since taken all my money for the cruise, excursions, packages, and now decide that they are going to change my itinerary without NOTICE!

2) I was lied to a handful of times. Weather cannot be forecasted 6 weeks out. RCL currently is selling the same cruise to stop at Nassau. RCL CURRENTLY has other ships stopping at NASSAU the SAME WEEK!

3) RCL Offered absolutely NOTHING.

I then PROPOSED to the senior level manager that my funds/bookings are forwarded to another ship leaving the same day that is still SCHEDULED TO STOP AT NASSAU the SAME WEEK and is currently available.

I then told I would have to pay a change fee of $100 p/p and pay the difference in the cruise at today's prices which was over $3,000!!!

I was told I needed to wait for 72hrs to hear from their manager, of course to tell me that RCL will do absolutely nothing...

I know all the RCL tweakers are going to come to their defense, but this is absolutely insane that customers allow for them to get away with such. I paid money based on an itinerary that RCL told me they would deliver, and they are not. Obviously if there was a Hurricane or some kind of natural disaster, sure, things change. But this is a change they are making well after they took all my money, after the point they could give me any refund, and there is absolutely no reason they can not go to where they originally promised. 

Unless something seriously changes in the next 72 hours and I am not forced to go on the sailing as originally promised, RCL will most likely be dead to me. Their customer service and ethics have vanished and I will be selling my stock and no longer selling with this company on any future sellings. I cannot continue to support a company that would treat their customers in this manner and do not understand how others could continue doing so as well. 

I feel your pain.  I'm on the Nov. 12 sailing and they nixed Nassau.  I wish they would have nixed Florida.  We have been on this ship and sailed this itinerary more than a number of times...I guess I'm sailing to nowhere...but I love cruising and I'm a ship fiend...so I'll be fine.  

However, I understand your unhappiness.  I think its the millions of stories and a few fibs that send people over the edge.  I hope that you and your family still go and really enjoy yourselves.  You really need a cruise now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

So, we really read the cruise contract.  We realized we had no recourse.

This is so true.

When we were on the Crown Princess last year that had propulsion issues, I, too, read the cruise contract to try to determine what was, and was not, considered within the Cruise operator's control.  Although I think the engine defect was entirely within their control, Corporate made the decision to sail the Alaska season with a ship that couldn't make speed and missed most ports.  Very little in compensation was provided for most sailings.  According to the cruise contract, they basically just have to leave port, sail around for a bit and can call it day and passengers have virtually no recourse.  The contract is so heavily slanted in favor of the cruise lines they can do whatever they want.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

I feel your pain.  I'm on the Nov. 12 sailing and they nixed Nassau.  I wish they would have nixed Florida.  We have been on this ship and sailed this itinerary more than a number of times...I guess I'm sailing to nowhere...but I love cruising and I'm a ship fiend...so I'll be fine.  

However, I understand your unhappiness.  I think its the millions of stories and a few fibs that send people over the edge.  I hope that you and your family still go and really enjoy yourselves.  You really need a cruise now.

Thanks for the nice message. I am incredibly disappointed to have to share the changes with my kids, and was feeling better after they finally offered something...until I learned on the other post the Captain of Anthem stated there was NO issue with the ship. RCL is just continuing to disappoint!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jk04 said:

This is so true.

When we were on the Crown Princess last year that had propulsion issues, I, too, read the cruise contract to try to determine what was, and was not, considered within the Cruise operator's control.  Although I think the engine defect was entirely within their control, Corporate made the decision to sail the Alaska season with a ship that couldn't make speed and missed most ports.  Very little in compensation was provided for most sailings.  According to the cruise contract, they basically just have to leave port, sail around for a bit and can call it day and passengers have virtually no recourse.  The contract is so heavily slanted in favor of the cruise lines they can do whatever they want.

LOL, that’s almost exactly what I said to DH when I carefully read that cruise contract.  Yours was Princess last year.  Mine was NCL in 2003.  I reset my expectations about itineraries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

I know all the RCL tweakers are going to come to their defense

So you came to the internet to throw a tantrum with your mind made up that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and beneath you. 

The 'tweakers' are usually those that are rational adults that understand what they signed up for and can look at a situation objectively. 

Have had several issues over 10+ years with 5 different cruise lines. Some resolved, some not. 

RCI has over 100 000 employees. Because you've had an issue with 4 or 5 of them doesn't mean the entire company is rotten. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tvnewsengineer said:

Is this OP the same troller that was named PINACLEGUY2023? Short time poster stirring the pot

Unfortunately not. It is not trolling when everything I have stated is fact. 

This is a company that has offered cruises to customers for decades. This is not their first rodeo. You would think they would not act like it is...

It amazes me that people book a cruise for one specific port, and then get upset when (for whatever reason) the port stop does not occur. Unless you are a novice cruiser, this should not be news to you. I have always gotten my port fees back when this has happened - and the occasional free drink. 

If Nassau and Atlantis were the reasons for taking this specific cruise, I would like to ask the OP why they did not just book a land vacation at Atlantis? This would have given you more than adequate time to explore Nassau and Atlantis properly, instead of on an excursion.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RD64 said:

It amazes me that people book a cruise for one specific port, and then get upset when (for whatever reason) the port stop does not occur. Unless you are a novice cruiser, this should not be news to you. I have always gotten my port fees back when this has happened - and the occasional free drink. 

If Nassau and Atlantis were the reasons for taking this specific cruise, I would like to ask the OP why they did not just book a land vacation at Atlantis? This would have given you more than adequate time to explore Nassau and Atlantis properly, instead of on an excursion.

Sure, being from the West Coast it is too far to travel to for any less than a full week. My wife and I do not want to spend an entire week at Atlantis. We may just have to consider going to Nassau and spending time at 2-3 resorts since RCL is unable to go where they stated they would when I booked the reservation. At the time, the cruise seemed like the best option when you weight both time and cost. 

Again, RCL is choosing to stop at Nassau a week before and a week after with the same ship as my sailing, shouldn't be any different for my sailing. In addition, another person stated that the Anthem Captain stated there is no issues with the ships, so riddle me that.

3 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Again, RCL is choosing to stop at Nassau a week before and a week after with the same ship as my sailing, shouldn't be any different for my sailing. In addition, another person stated that the Anthem Captain stated there is no issues with the ships, so riddle me that.

Clearly it's all a conspiracy against you in particular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Thanks for the nice message. I am incredibly disappointed to have to share the changes with my kids, and was feeling better after they finally offered something...until I learned on the other post the Captain of Anthem stated there was NO issue with the ship. RCL is just continuing to disappoint!

Didn't someone say the post you're referring to mentioned a speed issue, not that there was NO issue?  If so, why are YOU "lying"? 😉

I do think CSR's shouldn't make stuff up, and they were wrong for saying "weather". I understand being disappointed. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, splashsmom said:

We were notified in March of this year that the time in some ports for the October 2023 Anthem TA were modified in order "to maintain a safe and comfortable speed."  I appreciated the advance notice.

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We also received this and are really looking forward to our Anthem TA in October.

I'm on the same TA but I didn't book until April.  Do either of you have the itinerary update?  Just want to confirm that I have the correct (updated) itinerary.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

He never said that.  One person on board repeated  an announcement where all he did was give their current dpeed and that they would arrive at their next port on time.  That comment was unrelated to this and is entirely out of context. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

He never said that.  One person on board repeated  an announcement where all he did was give their current dpeed and that they would arrive at their next port on time.  That comment was unrelated to this and is entirely out of context. 

I don't have time now to jump thru the three threads, but there was another poster that stated they asked the captain and someone else and was told the ship is 100%.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Compensation

While your clients still get to enjoy their day onboard Anthem of the Seas, to help make up for the missed port, we will provide you with a one-day (1) cruise fare refund in the form of an Onboard Credit. This will automatically be added to your SeaPass account on boarding day. Any unused portion will be refunded to your credit card associated with your onboard folio.

For more context, one of the ship's four engines requires maintenance which impacts our speed. While this impacts our ability to deliver on the original itinerary, we're confident that it will still be an exceptional cruise vacation.

I will gladly skip Nassau for a FREE day at sea.  🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1