RCL Customer Service/Ethics Have Vanished - Time to make a move

1 minute ago, RD64 said:

And this is the first time Nassau has been on the radar?

Sorry, there seems to be a misunderstanding.  We have been to Nassau several times.  We even took a flight there in June of 21, when it was the only port that we could cruise from.

8 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Actually, we live on the West Coast and have to travel to go to 99.99% of our cruises and we will be Pinnacle this year.  It is possible and does happen.😀

But fly to NJ instead of FL which has much better itineraries?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Actually, we live on the West Coast and have to travel to go to 99.99% of our cruises and we will be Pinnacle this year.  It is possible and does happen.😀

Yeah, the first part is all background…folks like you exist and they’d be savvy cruisers.  So it’s the last bit that seems off…have you in recent years selected a fall cruise out of NJ “just” because that cruise went to Nassau?

Just now, Starry Eyes said:

Yeah, the first part is all background…folks like you exist and they’d be savvy cruisers.  So it’s the last bit that seems off…have you in recent years selected a fall cruise out of NJ “just” because that cruise went to Nassau?

Not exactly, but we have cruised out of NJ and went to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay.  Nothing exciting, we just enjoy cruising, so it isn’t always about where we are going.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Absolutely!  The flight has always been direct on Alaska for us.  Alaska has added flights to Florida so we have more choices now, but for us to go to Florida we used to book Southwest and had to stop 2-3 times to get there.  Much easier to go to NJ for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Absolutely!  The flight has always been direct on Alaska for us.  Alaska has added flights to Florida so we have more choices now, but for us to go to Florida we used to book Southwest and had to stop 2-3 times to get there.  Much easier to go to NJ for us.

I just look at it from the perspective that I could drive or take a train to NJ but I'd rather get on a plane and fly to FL or Puerto Rico.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Also, we can fly to NJ for 1/2 the cost than flying to Florida.  We will be flying to Florida 3 times next year, but sometimes I think we might as well go to Europe.  It is never an inexpensive flight for us.

• Like 1

Wow. The facts are the facts. No frivolous statements about how I cruise are going to change that. 

We all make choices to cruise however we want to cruise. I am not going to stoop to your level and attack you because...

My family and are ACTIVE people that like to do FUN things, so visiting one of the best waterparks in the world is certainly at the top of our list.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just look at it from the perspective that I could drive or take a train to NJ but I'd rather get on a plane and fly to FL or Puerto Rico.

I totally understand and we have to fly almost everywhere, except for Seattle.  How many times can you cruise Alaska though?  We love it, but we have been there a bunch of times.  We will be in NJ after the Anthem TA on 10-30.  Then we will be in NJ again in September for the Liberty.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Not exactly, but we have cruised out of NJ and went to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay.  Nothing exciting, we just enjoy cruising, so it isn’t always about where we are going.

Indeed.  “Nothing exciting” sums up Nassau for people who have been cruising for 20+ years.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

The free cruise day would make a vast majority of the people happy.   But, since they have availability the for very similar cruises around the same time, I would think it would be fair to offer a lateral change for free.   Maybe even reasonable price for upgrades.  For example if the current cruise was in cabin category XYZ on a 6-day cruise and the nearby one was 7-days, then charge an extra 1/6.  No reason for the OP to pay the last minute price.  

Thank you, and this was the first and only solution I thought would be agreeable...but RCL does not seem to be capable of offering such a fair and common sense choice. 

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Indeed.  “Nothing exciting” sums up Nassau for people who have been cruising for 20+ years.  

Yeah, sounds about right. There are multiple groups of people found on cruises that would not want to do anything that is active or exciting in Nassau regardless of how long they have been cruising. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Yeah but if you have to fly anyway, why would you pick an itinerary leaving from NJ, in November, to go to Nassau? I’d fly to Florida.

Edited by GimmeOcean

10 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Wow. The facts are the facts. No frivolous statements about how I cruise are going to change that. 

We all make choices to cruise however we want to cruise. I am not going to stoop to your level and attack you because...

My family and are ACTIVE people that like to do FUN things, so visiting one of the best waterparks in the world is certainly at the top of our list.

If you have been cruising for 20 years as you claimed, you would know that a cruise is susceptible to a lot of different things that CAN and DO alter the itinerary. That is just a fact.

If Atlantis was the number one priority for you and your family who is very ACTIVE, I would think you would have scheduled a trip directly to Atlantis. There's A LOT to do there for ACTIVE people. AND your kids could experience the water park as long as they wanted to without feeling rushed to "take it all in" in just a few hours on a cruise ship stop.

But that's just me.........I know, crazy right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mkmaj said:

I feel the same. First and last with RC and we will sell our stock unless they blow us away onboard. 

The port change stinks but is what it is... what bothers me is after being booked for over a year... 6 weeks prior to the cruise and just enough over final payment:

- My kid can no longer be in the Solarium. Being a colder weather cruise we were very much looking forward to and planning for this when we booked. It was one of the reasons we booked the ship to begin with. To add insult to that, we're on the ship for an extra day.

- Port time in PC makes it even more useless as a port than it already was.

- CoCo Cay is our only legitimate port and they moved us to a day with a couple thousand more people and we're arriving second.

- Not only zero compensation but the prices of onboard experiences and excursions have actually gone up.

It's not the itinerary change, it's everything else. Maybe NCL would do the same but since they haven't yet, that's where my money will stay in the future.

That’s funny, I love NCL but they’re constantly changing/eliminating ports with no compensation and continue to sell cruises to these ports that they have no intention of going to, with reasons like environmental concerns. This is cruising.

15 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

haha. To make this right all they had to do was go to Nassau a different day...

I would really love to find out just how many people WANT to go to Port Canaveral. The fact this is even a stop for anything other than a cruise start/departure is astonishing. 

Probably around the same amount of people who want to go to Nassau, one of if not the number one port folks complain about having to go, many use it like another sea day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rockon391 said:

How about being accountable and treating your customers with any kind of respect?

This is far more than just the itinerary change at this point. They are stating that the change is for my safety, yet will do absolutely nothing to ensure my safety than by refunding my money or putting me on a ship that is still deemed more safe. 

Ship is safe. It will become unsafe if all 4 engines used!

This is what RCI is avoiding with removing one port.

Who should skip a cruise so you are on their ship.

We skipped ports on other lines due to similar issues without such compensation.

Edited by Tatka

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately you would encounter the same response with any of the other cruise lines

OUbeach is correct.....And you agreed to this change the day you booked, it's in your contract.  I'm sorry it ruined your plans but that is the bottom line.  You gave them the right to make changes when you accepted the contract.  My best advice is never ignore or dismiss your bookings, they are like little puppies, always watch them closely!  Or you might find a big surprise.   If you'd been attentive you could've solved this problem long ago.  Not to mention Atlantis is just a meh IMHO.  Coco Cay just as good or better.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1