RCL Customer Service/Ethics Have Vanished - Time to make a move

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Ship is safe. It will become unsafe if all 4 engines used!

This is what RCI is avoiding with removing one port.

Who should skip a cruise so you are on their ship.

We skipped ports on other lines due to similar issues without such compensation.

To be fair, no one would have to be bumped from another cruise if they did a lateral move.   There is availability in nearby cruises that still go to the port.  

12 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

To be fair, no one would have to be bumped from another cruise if they did a lateral move.   There is availability in nearby cruises that still go to the port.  

What do you mean? There are no other RCI ships sailing from NJ during November and December. I do not want to sail from another port. Also cruise ships now sail full.

Edited by Tatka

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

What do you mean? There are no other RCI ships sailing from NJ during November and December. I do not want to sail from another port. Also cruise ships now sail full.

I thought in the original post it was said that there was availability on other cruises going there around the same time.  

25 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I thought in the original post it was said that there was availability on other cruises going there around the same time.  

I think they meant that other ships dock in Nassau.

We will also dock in Nassau on Anthem on Thanksgiving cruise, but will skip Port Canaveral.

I think RCI does not have many choices... they must miss one port and I guess decision is based on many factors, 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

There is. Oasis leaves from FL on the same day and visits Nassau. They did not even ponder this option for a second. I was completely prepared to change flights, not a big deal. 

10 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

My mind is literally blown about all the people that care so much about all the personal details that DO NOT MATTER. RCL clearly made a big mistake. Period. I am going to go back to my life off message boards once again, since clearly I am among people that do not have one. Thanks!

Just a little word of advice.  When your opening and close to first post on a forum is an ad hominem attack, people tend to be less sympathetic.

On 9/28/2023 at 9:09 AM, iscruisingdunzo said:

I know all the RCL tweakers are going to come to their defense,

This forum is filled with good people who go to great lengths to help others with good advice solving problems that they can't or don't know how to solve on their own.

Calling us tweakers (whatever you meant by that) destined you to get the response you got.  

I hope your cruise works out for you.

• Like 18

On 9/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, rockmom said:

something definitely fishy....

On 9/28/2023 at 12:29 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I was confused as to who was the OP too…. It didn’t matter to me if there’s 2 with the same issue as my reply would be the same for both

On 9/28/2023 at 12:25 PM, h20skibum said:

Wait, aren’t you the OP?   Or are you using two screen names to post here?

Oops, forgot to switch over to the burner account so they can keep stoking this fire 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 9/28/2023 at 12:09 PM, iscruisingdunzo said:

I have an Anthem Sailing in little over a month that I booked over 1 year ago for my 10th anniversary. I booked this sailing specifically because it stopped at Nassau and my kids really wanted to go to Atlantis.

Well, one day before the checkin process was live I thought I would get current on RCL happening and decided to check out this board. I stumbled across a post that stated Anthem was cancelling stops and changing Itineraries. I soon found out that my sailing was no longer stopping at Nassau. To date I have never been contacted by RCL regarding these changes. RCL notified some customers, and not all, which is insane! I double checked my e-mail, junk, no e-mail. Of course when I double checked and searched everything RCL I could find all my billing e-mails and invoices just fine...but no notification regarding any Itinerary changes. 

So of course I immediately e-mail RCL customer relations and I am told to the Guest Experience Management Team at 800-256-6649.

I contact the number first thing. Talk to someone that tells me that Nassau was canceled because of weather (lol over 6 weeks away) and there was NOTHING RCL would do. I request to speak to their manager. Was again told the itinerary was changed because of weather and it was for my "safety" and there was NOTHING RCL could do. I then request to speak to another manager, over one hour later, I am now told the itinerary was changed for our safety because of "ship speeds", and there was nothing RCL could do.

I then stated how disappointed I was based on the following:

1) I booked this over 1 year ago specifically to go to Nassau and Atlantis

- RCL has since taken all my money for the cruise, excursions, packages, and now decide that they are going to change my itinerary without NOTICE!

2) I was lied to a handful of times. Weather cannot be forecasted 6 weeks out. RCL currently is selling the same cruise to stop at Nassau. RCL CURRENTLY has other ships stopping at NASSAU the SAME WEEK!

3) RCL Offered absolutely NOTHING.

I then PROPOSED to the senior level manager that my funds/bookings are forwarded to another ship leaving the same day that is still SCHEDULED TO STOP AT NASSAU the SAME WEEK and is currently available.

I then told I would have to pay a change fee of $100 p/p and pay the difference in the cruise at today's prices which was over $3,000!!!

I was told I needed to wait for 72hrs to hear from their manager, of course to tell me that RCL will do absolutely nothing...

I know all the RCL tweakers are going to come to their defense, but this is absolutely insane that customers allow for them to get away with such. I paid money based on an itinerary that RCL told me they would deliver, and they are not. Obviously if there was a Hurricane or some kind of natural disaster, sure, things change. But this is a change they are making well after they took all my money, after the point they could give me any refund, and there is absolutely no reason they can not go to where they originally promised. 

Unless something seriously changes in the next 72 hours and I am not forced to go on the sailing as originally promised, RCL will most likely be dead to me. Their customer service and ethics have vanished and I will be selling my stock and no longer selling with this company on any future sellings. I cannot continue to support a company that would treat their customers in this manner and do not understand how others could continue doing so as well. 

I'm not one to usually say this but you agreed to the contract.

I'm bookon MSC in April. Was going to their private island for 3 days with an overnight stay. They changed the itinerary because they are doing work on the private island when we are scheduled to go. Gotta roll with it. Didn't hurt that MSC changed our cruise from an 11 day cruise to a 14 night cruise and didn't charge us extra.

Was just on Disney cruise in the begininng of the month. Scheduled to go to Castaway Cay on cruise. Ship blew an engine and we couldn't stop due to slower speed.Again you have to roll with it. Didn't hurt that they gave us 25% off a future cruise and $250 OBC.

Happens all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I'm not one to usually say this but you agreed to the contract.

I'm bookon MSC in April. Was going to their private island for 3 days with an overnight stay. They changed the itinerary because they are doing work on the private island when we are scheduled to go. Gotta roll with it. Didn't hurt that MSC changed our cruise from an 11 day cruise to a 14 night cruise and didn't charge us extra.

Was just on Disney cruise in the begininng of the month. Scheduled to go to Castaway Cay on cruise. Ship blew an engine and we couldn't stop due to slower speed.Again you have to roll with it. Didn't hurt that they gave us 25% off a future cruise and $250 OBC.

Happens all the time.

That was nice of DCL, we’ve missed the private island and got a “sucks to be you” in compensation.🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

That was nice of DCL, we’ve missed the private island and got a “sucks to be you” in compensation.🤣

true ours wasn't weather related though which is when you get the "sucks to be you" answer. 

Ours was because of a blown engine but I agree it was a great gesture. I don't usually cruise DCL because of the price but they sucked me back in with the 25% offer.

6 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

There is. Oasis leaves from FL on the same day and visits Nassau. They did not even ponder this option for a second. I was completely prepared to change flights, not a big deal. 

You do realize there are several Anthem cruises impacted by the 4th engine being down.   Even the TA sailing from UK to NJ was notified of a delay for their stop in Bermuda.  

It is unknown when the engine will be repaired.  

Sorry you didn't get their emails and the CSRs are always the last to know what's going on.

There will always be another time to get to Atlantis.   I'm sure the kids will lots of fun at CocoCay.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, iscruisingdunzo said:

Wow. The facts are the facts. No frivolous statements about how I cruise are going to change that. 

We all make choices to cruise however we want to cruise. I am not going to stoop to your level and attack you because...

My family and are ACTIVE people that like to do FUN things, so visiting one of the best waterparks in the world is certainly at the top of our list.

Maybe book a flight to Texas and go to Schlitterbahn which is an awesome, fun waterpark.

• Haha 1

To the original poster(s)...

My wife and I will be boarding our 38th cruise tomorrow on the Wonder of the Seas. We've had numerous missed ports over the years as well as two air evacs and two times we had to return to port for medical emergencies. Heck, we even had to spend and extra day on two different cruises...one for fog in Galveston and the other for medical last November on the Wonder.

During all of those cruises, our itinerary was affected and yet we found a way to have an awesome time anyway. Why? Because we fully understand that sometimes, things just happen. If my ship had a propulsion issue, I would much rather have an altered itinerary than a canceled cruise. 

The bottom line is that your description of the customer service experience with the misinformation really was poor, however, as soon as you started talking about your poor family missing Nassau, you lost most of us.  

Cheers! 

• Like 11

20 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

My mind is literally blown about all the people that care so much about all the personal details that DO NOT MATTER. RCL clearly made a big mistake. Period. I am going to go back to my life off message boards once again, since clearly I am among people that do not have one. Thanks!

Wait a minute, you already knew and acknowledged in your first post that posters here would react this way, it was no surprise, methinks you were already holding a pot spoon in your hand.  You wanted commiseration and got none because for most of us, we've already dealt with circumstances like these and made lots of yummy lemonade.  And I would bet money you were notified at some point, but since you could not change plans the way you intended you were incensed.  That is not bad service, it's just the breaks...a life is like that; any life has some rain that falls.  Even our shabby ones.  You won't find any differences on another line under the same circumstances...so I guess you're stuck.  Really sorry you are so unhappy about it though...even your life is too short to spend bellyaching about things you cannot change, right?  I hope somehow, you do the cruise and have a blast. I love sailing into and out of Nassau just for the sights and the water there, we never get off anymore.  We usually spend our time in the Solarium...lots to see right at pier.  But, I love me some sea days gazing at Big Blue!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

I'm not sure where the term ethics even comes into this discussion.  The contract you agree to for your cruise clearly states that they can change ports.  That means they are ethical because they let you know beforehand that it can (and does) happen.  We've missed ports that have been both changed before and onboard.  We just go with the flow as we booked a cruise, not a destination.  Heck, on Carnival, we even had a ship changed one time.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

What are all the tweakers confused about? RCL is operating a ship with known engine issues, and issues they have known about for some time. They were/are selling cruises with itineraries that they know they cannot make happen due to the performance issues. This clearly is a poor business choice and reflects on their ethical character. This is not right.

AND 

If they are selling cruises and know for a fact they will be changing the itinerary BEFORE the final payment is due, they should be communicating this to their customers and provide full refunds if the customers request them. But they are not. Not the most ethical thing to do in my book, but to each their own.

3 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

What are all the tweakers confused about? RCL is operating a ship with known engine issues, and issues they have known about for some time. They were/are selling cruises with itineraries that they know they cannot make happen due to the performance issues. This clearly is a poor business choice and reflects on their ethical character. This is not right.

AND 

If they are selling cruises and know for a fact they will be changing the itinerary BEFORE the final payment is due, they should be communicating this to their customers and provide full refunds if the customers request them. But they are not. Not the most ethical thing to do in my book, but to each their own.

I don't think "tweakers" means what you think it does.

• Haha 13