RCL Customer Service/Ethics Have Vanished - Time to make a move

On 9/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, iscruisingdunzo said:

I have the same issue as the OP. And I just checked the website and it states that the same ship is going to NASSAU 1 week later on the 11/19 sailing. 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:53 PM, mianmike said:

You are the OP.  

They’re so confused. Maybe they should stick with just one screen name. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

…Good teaching lesson for children to learn not everything goes as planned for anything in life.  Again, I'm sure they will have fun at CocoCay.  IMO, Atlantis isn't all that great anyway.

Maybe the OP hasn’t learned this either.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh now you are dating yourself as being part of my generation. Now if things don't go your way you need to find the person whose fault it is and sue them.

Fault and Blame….two words I would love to see eliminated from our vocabulary. 

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This is really where the problem lies.  I had an incident at Cococay when we were there back in March.  After returning with my drink order I had the server tell me I couldn't use my diamond drinks on the island and she had to charge me.  Of course I know this is non-sense and told her so.  She proceeded to argue with me explaining some big convoluted story about different ships being in port at the same time...  I was annoyed so I snapped back a little but felt bad about it afterwards.  It wasn't her fault. It was the fault of whoever should have trained her and whoever her immediate supervisor was.  Something as simple as that would never have been an issue if she had been given sufficient training.

The CSR's lack of knowledge is probably Royal's biggest weakness.

I agree totally, but unfortunately this issue is not limited to Royal. 
and to add, when I can’t understand a single word the rep is saying and need to ask over and over to please repeat what they’re saying, I lose my trust in anything that I finally can understand 

20 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Fault and Blame….two words I would love to see eliminated from our vocabulary. 

But then what would happen to all those lawyer commercials on TV with their 1-800 phone numbers promising to get you all the money you deserve?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But then what would happen to all those lawyer commercials on TV with their 1-800 phone numbers promising to get you all the money you deserve?

I don’t know what you see in RI….. but here in FL most of the commercials on regular TV are lawyers, possibly why out auto insurance is insane.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jptoz said:

No way North star or Ifly are worth those prices. RCI bean counters are going nuts.

iFly on land is priced similarly or more (though they often give 2 flights for $80 or something). But it’s more than I want to spend for it, so I won’t.

I will try North Star once at that price. Seems like a once and done kind of thing, unless at a port for views of the port.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GimmeOcean said:

iFly on land is priced similarly or more (though they often give 2 flights for $80 or something). But it’s more than I want to spend for it, so I won’t.

I will try North Star once at that price. Seems like a once and done kind of thing, unless at a port for views of the port.

Do they still offer free North Star on port days?   We have done that in recent past.  Once and done.  

There is no way I would $40 pp 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do they still offer free North Star on port days?   We have done that in recent past.  Once and done.  

There is no way I would $40 pp 

I think so. I only see a price listed for the “extended experience” that goes over each side of the ship, on days at sea.

Exasperating to say the least. I have been loyal to Royal since Song of Norway in 74. Over fifty cruises with most on RCCL and Celebrity.  Leaving tomorrow on Celebrity Summit out of Boston on my last Cruise ever with them. They are swirling around the drain and I have switched to the line with the guys who have horns on their helmet. After three cruises with them  and two more booked, RCCL could learn how customer relations are supposed to work. The Chairman of that company says he will never nickel and dime a customer and he lives up to that statement.

4 minutes ago, finalglidepath said:

Exasperating to say the least. I have been loyal to Royal since Song of Norway in 74. Over fifty cruises with most on RCCL and Celebrity.  Leaving tomorrow on Celebrity Summit out of Boston on my last Cruise ever with them. They are swirling around the drain and I have switched to the line with the guys who have horns on their helmet. After three cruises with them  and two more booked, RCCL could learn how customer relations are supposed to work. The Chairman of that company says he will never nickel and dime a customer and he lives up to that statement.

But aren’t the guys with horns double the cost? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just did a Viking booking for 2,  8 days Adriatic cruise, with nothing added is already at $10700...even with drinks and tips that's too rich for us...nickels and dimes or not.  I'll keep my RCCL cruises thank you.  I could add on anything Viking offers free and still keep it under $3k.

• Like 2