Difference between Aqua and regular Sky Suites?

wwcruisers

Just booked our very first Aqua Sky Suite (Summit in '25). We've sailed in Sky Suites, since back in the day when they had S-1 & S-2 designations. But, we're not really 'Aqua' people, so I have no idea what I just signed up for, lol! I did get the cabin that I wanted -- with the big angled balcony. And I know that our main  dining venue is still Luminae -- although the amenities list says that we can get a reservation for BLU, on a space available basis. Since neither of us go in for spa treatments, having a 'spa concierge' is probably not necessary. I think that we have included access to the thermal suite, but I'm not wild about those on the Millie Class ships.

So, for those of you who've stayed in regular and Aqua Sky Suites (particularly on Summit or Millie) -- I would love your feed-back. Did you feel that Aqua was worth the extra $$, or not?

The big difference is the suite itself.  Besides the larger angled balcony the cabin is a little deeper.  We did a B2B and had to change from the cabin with the angled balcony that was a SS1 to one further down that as a SS2. We noticed that the cabin wasn’t as deep.   

It was changed from a SS1 to AQ SS and upped the cost difference a lot. 

We are not a fan of the Persian Gardens on the M class.   After a few times we don’t bother. 

We don’t like the way that Kelly ruined the cabin.  She removed all of the shelves in the bathroom, and the drawers are very shallow in the cabin.  The  walls and the door are not magnetic.  

That was our deck furniture.  The other shows the depth on the desk  drawer.  The rest in the cabin are no better.   Hopefully you will have nicer furniture.   Storage is lacking.   She removed the “walk in” closets and the lights in them.   It seemed as if lighting was lacking throughout the cabin.  The chair doesn’t fit under the desk.  The whole cabin is poorly designed for function.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

Edited by miched

Miched -- thank you so much for your reply, and the wonderful pictures! You and I are on the same page, when it comes to Ms.H. Last year, we sailed in that HUGE Sky Suite that's adjacent/connecting to the Penthouse Suite, on Millie. LOTS of space, but NO storage! And, everywhere from the cabins to the Retreat, furniture that looked OK -- until you tried to sit on it! So, I was (sadly) expecting more of the same, on Summit! 🫤

Thanks for your conclusion that what we're paying for with the Aqua Sky Suites is location and cabin/balcony square footage -- works for me! 👌

Here are some more photos.  The boxes on the wall, where the red arrow points to  are the only thing that is magnetic in the cabin.  That is where the do not disturb sign is stored.   I like to use magnets to post the papers that I need during the cruise on the wall to keep the surface areas clear.   Hooks for the robes, hats, and etc.  

There is no full length  mirror in the cabin.  

You can see the doors for the closets.    They open but  it isn’t the same as they use to be. It is like a regular cabinet and not a closet, and no lights.  

You can see that the chair doesn’t fit under the desk.   It just gets in the way.

If remember there are no hooks for the robes.    The ceiling is magnetic.  

Don’t know the purpose of those stools at the end of the bed.

The drawers in the night stands are very shallow.   The night stand between the bed and the all is very small.IMG_0690.thumb.jpeg.7ce6edac9a4b873d2242e5e7e7dbb38f.jpeg

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0691.jpeg

We stayed in stateroom 6132 on the Millennium two times -- once prior to be "Hoppenized" and once since then.  I believe it is now categorized as an Aqua Sky Suite.  We did find the new desk chair awkward, but found the overall storage just fine.  I am not an over packer but am not a minimalist either.    We also don't travel with a number of magnets.  The second time we were in 6132 it was on a cold weather cruise, and the two stools had folded extra blankets on them.  We actually used one of the stools under the desk and placed the desk chair along a wall.

We have a set of B2B cruises next spring in an Aqua Sky Suite.  Again, it is a stateroom we have been in before and love the location.  Also like the spare footage.  I doubt we will use the "aqua" features.

First of all, not all Aqua Sky Suites are on the hump with a bigger balcony (at least on M and S class, not sure about E class).  All they did was take Sky Suites and re-categorize them.  So as far as the room itself, there is no difference between Aqua and regular Sky suites.  If you luck into a hump cabin then you get the bigger balcony (not sure the cabin itself is any bigger - I think not but never measured so couldn't prove it).  What you get with an Aqua Sky Suite is basically the spa access and whatever the heck is a spa concierge (I guess can book spa appointments for you?).  All else is the same.  Any suite passenger can eat in Blu on a space available basis.  

18 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Just booked our very first Aqua Sky Suite (Summit in '25). We've sailed in Sky Suites, since back in the day when they had S-1 & S-2 designations. But, we're not really 'Aqua' people, so I have no idea what I just signed up for, lol! I did get the cabin that I wanted -- with the big angled balcony. And I know that our main  dining venue is still Luminae -- although the amenities list says that we can get a reservation for BLU, on a space available basis. Since neither of us go in for spa treatments, having a 'spa concierge' is probably not necessary. I think that we have included access to the thermal suite, but I'm not wild about those on the Millie Class ships.

So, for those of you who've stayed in regular and Aqua Sky Suites (particularly on Summit or Millie) -- I would love your feed-back. Did you feel that Aqua was worth the extra $$, or not?

Absolutely not worth it.  We do not enjoy blu, and much prefer the luminae dining room.  Never liked the small thermal lounge and no value IMO using any spa concierge.  Save your money- try a speciality restaurant.  Other in cabin spa perks IMO useless.

16 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We stayed in stateroom 6132 on the Millennium two times -- once prior to be "Hoppenized" and once since then.  I believe it is now categorized as an Aqua Sky Suite.  We did find the new desk chair awkward, but found the overall storage just fine.  I am not an over packer but am not a minimalist either.    We also don't travel with a number of magnets.  The second time we were in 6132 it was on a cold weather cruise, and the two stools had folded extra blankets on them.  We actually used one of the stools under the desk and placed the desk chair along a wall.

We have a set of B2B cruises next spring in an Aqua Sky Suite.  Again, it is a stateroom we have been in before and love the location.  Also like the spare footage.  I doubt we will use the "aqua" features.

Thanks for the tip on using one of the 'camp stools' as a desk chair -- will try that! 👌

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

First of all, not all Aqua Sky Suites are on the hump with a bigger balcony (at least on M and S class, not sure about E class).  All they did was take Sky Suites and re-categorize them.  So as far as the room itself, there is no difference between Aqua and regular Sky suites.  If you luck into a hump cabin then you get the bigger balcony (not sure the cabin itself is any bigger - I think not but never measured so couldn't prove it).  What you get with an Aqua Sky Suite is basically the spa access and whatever the heck is a spa concierge (I guess can book spa appointments for you?).  All else is the same.  Any suite passenger can eat in Blu on a space available basis.  

I was wondering about the 'Spa Concierge'. My best instinct tells me that it's a spa manager, trying to sell you overpriced spa services (which I have no interest in). The list of amenities did include yoga mats. Now, THOSE I can use -- especially on that large balcony!😃

17 hours ago, miched said:

Don’t know the purpose of those stools at the end of the bed.

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

.  We actually used one of the stools under the desk and placed the desk chair along a wall.

We put ours together and used them, along with the room service tray, as a table. 

IMG_8541.jpeg.fe84590cd2741d1698d6f1b77ac50364.jpeg

On 9/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, miched said:

More photos]

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0319.jpeg

IMG_0317.jpeg

perfect shots of the " modern luxury " spartan  dorm room!  Very cold decor.

The Tv seems small and far away from the bed

• Like 1

They reintroduced the Aqua Suite concept to gleen more $$$ from the better sky suites.

They first introduced AS when they brought out Reflection before Luminae, it was a Sky Suite where you ate in Blu.  They had trouble selling them for an upcharge.  I got assigned them often when doing suite GTY.   Eventually they re-classified them to S1.

• Like 2