Insurance here or there ?

maryhou

10 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Carnival didn't provide as much coverage for medical and evacuation.  And a few dollars more.

This is why we go through a third party for insurance. We used to go through Carnival until I saw a story about a woman stuck somewhere that needed medical transport back to the US and it was going to be $40K. Carnival only covers up to $30K. 

• Like 1

This is the coverage I aim for.  Here are the coverage declarations for my next two cruises.  Both, about $14 a day.

I like high medical and emergency evacuation coverage in my policy.  I'm not much concerned about trip coverage... I can handle that loss if needed.  Medical is another story.

image.png.d45721140ef48b74b77b68b6a689563f.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, VentureMan_2000 said:

This is the coverage I aim for.  Here are the coverage declarations for my next two cruises.  Both, about $14 a day.

I like high medical and emergency evacuation coverage in my policy.  I'm not much concerned about trip coverage... I can handle that loss if needed.  Medical is another story.

image.png.d45721140ef48b74b77b68b6a689563f.png

Someone who really understands the purpose of insurance.  Kudos to Mr. VentureMan!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 3:54 AM, pe4all said:

Also Carnival insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions....

For real? Because Holland America (a Carnival subsidiary) has Platinum cancellation protection with some medical coverage that covers any age, any condition, and CFAR as far as not being able to make the cruise, up to and including sailaway.

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

For real? Because Holland America (a Carnival subsidiary) has Platinum cancellation protection with some medical coverage that covers any age, any condition, and CFAR as far as not being able to make the cruise, up to and including sailaway.

Yes - that is the reason we never purchase it, as all 3 of us have pre-existing medical conditions, and why

we purchase our insurance from Travelguard as soon as we book our cruises. (usually have to purchase within 15 days of initial deposit of trip.)

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/vacation-protection

"For clarity purposes, Carnival also lists a number of other reasons not covered in the 100% refund offer despite their similarity to the reasons listed above.

Those reasons are as follows:

1. Medical conditions that require diagnosis, treatment or a change in medication that first presented themselves in the 60-day period before the purchase of the cancellation waiver package."

• 2 weeks later...