Theme cruise on Allure—how bothersome?

Just found out my three day Allure sailing has a partial charter/theme cruise of some kid’s group.  Anyone had a charter on an Oasis class ship? Was it bad? My husband and I generally don’t frequent the spots that attract kids, I’m assuming that’s where their events would be. 

We had some kind of online class group and a religious group both. The class folks said the religious group was singing and making it hard to study, they were really loud. 

I stayed away and neither bothered me, though the book selection in the library was more religion than usual. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was on Oasis with a partial charter of over 500 people and other than seeing the same t shirts we never would have known they were on board, it never affected our cruise. 

That’s my gut reaction. Although I fear a boat overrun with little girls, it’s probably a small percentage, and their “dance party” and special concert will probably be in the afternoon in a venue I’d never want to be in anyway. We frequent bars and specialty restaurants, and the Solarium, so chances are we wouldn’t be affected. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had some kind of online class group and a religious group both. The class folks said the religious group was singing and making it hard to study, they were really loud. 

I stayed away and neither bothered me, though the book selection in the library was more religion than usual. 

It never occurred to me there could be two charters. That’s could be interesting.

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Been on with huge groups of left wingers and another cruise with huge group of right wingers, I pissed them both off. 

I was at an event venue, not a cruise ship, when an AGM for British American Tobacco had been booked on the same day as a European Cancer Week Event and they only just escaped the Police being called. 

Once was on a cruise that had a 'small' group from the Jewish community that was celebrating a bar mitzvah.  There was over 600 in that group!!!.  Overall not a bad experience...just don't be where they are and you will be fine... 

When I was on Oasis earlier this year, there were two groups, each with several hundred people. We hardly even knew they were there. One of the groups was CrimeCon (a true crime group), and I think they spent a fair amount of time in seminars in indoor venues. So there was no impact on us at all. If there was a really large (and rowdy) group, that could be a different story.

Occasionally large groups will shut down a venue or restaurant.  We were on a Teddy Bear cruise that shut down the nightclub every night.  We’ve been on a rock and roll cruise with a bad choice of cabin on our part and the sound reverb from the theatre until 1 a.m. was bad.  We had no idea of either until we were on board. You can’t avoid all groups as almost every cruise will have some on board. Most will not interrupt your cruise.

Last October we cruised on Symphony and apparently the cruise before ours had a large group of rappers and/or rap music fans.  Met a few people doing a B2B and they said it was a little wild.  Asked a bartender about it and he confirmed the promenade at night and the pools during the day were definitely more wild than usual.  

We were on one that had a large group of first responders, fireman, police etc . No problem they had hired a former American idol , he finished about 9th, private show at midnight, suite concierge said suite passengers were invited to join , good show.

18 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

I was at an event venue, not a cruise ship, when an AGM for British American Tobacco had been booked on the same day as a European Cancer Week Event and they only just escaped the Police being called. 

Wow!!! I'm surprised anyone would call Sting and Stewart Copeland to handle this type of confrontation.  😀