Terminal check in

luv2kroooz

How do you get into the cruise terminal if you don't have a smartphone and you are picking up Medallion at the port, Brooklyn in our case? We just called the Princess call center and was routed to Phillipines. The representative had no idea what we were talking about and could not communicate in English in a clear manner. So, so sad. Thank you in advance.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

How do you get into the cruise terminal if you don't have a smartphone and you are picking up Medallion at the port, Brooklyn in our case? We just called the Princess call center and was routed to Phillipines. The representative had no idea what we were talking about and could not communicate in English in a clear manner. So, so sad. Thank you in advance.

For your protection, print your Travel Summary out, it has all your details if there’s any questions, like booking number, cabin, onboard purchases, etc.  And of course, your passport or any required documents.  You do not have to have a smartphone.

You will go through the blue lane to pick up your Medallion.  
Or Gray lane, if you need the accessible lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Those "reps" are such a waste; a real thorn in the side of Princess; a few months ago, I called to ask why my Medallion wasn' working, [it kept telling me that they cannot find my booking number, which is valid and accessible on the web site],  two different "reps" on two different phone calls told me, the Medallion app will only work after final payment.   What a load of BS, a chat session on Princess told me that's totally incorrect and my Medallion will work in 24 hours after he submits a service ticket, which it did the next day!  Princess-- get rid of these incompetent "reps"! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Those "reps" are such a waste; a real thorn in the side of Princess; a few months ago, I called to ask why my Medallion wasn' working, [it kept telling me that they cannot find my booking number, which is valid and accessible on the web site],  two different "reps" on two different phone calls told me, the Medallion app will only work after final payment.   What a load of BS, a chat session on Princess told me that's totally incorrect and my Medallion will work in 24 hours after he submits a service ticket, which it did the next day!  Princess-- get rid of these incompetent "reps"! 

Please get  a Princess CVP!  I could not put myself through that nonsense.  I don’t have the time or inclination to deal with time wasting incompetence.  My CVP does it all for us and we never have to talk to anyone else or sit on hold.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

How do you get into the cruise terminal if you don't have a smartphone and you are picking up Medallion at the port…

Similar predicament. We were advised by a Princess rep in the Philippines that boarding passes will be available to print about one week prior to embarkation. Time will tell…

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Similar predicament. We were advised by a Princess rep in the Philippines that boarding passes will be available to print about one week prior to embarkation. Time will tell…

No.  Not true.  There are no longer BP’s.  

About 10-11 days before, if you have completed your check in, you will see a QR code on the App.  However, we know the QR code doesn’t mean much. They aren’t even checking if you have it.

You are either showing green lane or blue lane.  Green if your medallion has been shipped or Blue lane if you’re picking it up at the port.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No.  Not true.  There are no longer BP’s.  

About 10-11 days before, if you have completed your check in, you will see a QR code on the App.  However, we know the QR code doesn’t mean much. They aren’t even checking if you have it.

You are either showing green lane or blue lane.  Green if your medallion has been shipped or Blue lane if you’re picking it up at the port.

Yup! Agree with you re: QR code; however, if one has problems with the App, we were advised that the BP will be (perhaps the word is ‘should be’ or ‘may be’) available to print. As you suggest, it doesn’t seem to make any difference anyway.
BTW, boarding in Southampton a few weeks ago, there was no Blue line; no Green line. Just two line…one for ‘Suites, Elite and Platinum’; the second was ‘All others’. Easy peasy. Cheers…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Please get  a Princess CVP!  I could not put myself through that nonsense.  I don’t have the time or inclination to deal with time wasting incompetence.  My CVP does it all for us and we never have to talk to anyone else or sit on hold.  

I've got a ton of patience and love the challenge; it's great when you face  a problem head on, persevere and the feeling you get when, due to your own efforts, it's resolved. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pickels said:

I've got a ton of patience and love the challenge; it's great when you face  a problem head on, persevere and the feeling you get when, due to your own efforts, it's resolved. 

Completely understand your point of view.  I love a challenge, too, but not when I’m booking a cruise or trying to make changes.  My CVP gets paid to do that for me and I appreciate it.  Frees me up to do other important things. 

1 hour ago, Crown Vic said:

Yup! Agree with you re: QR code; however, if one has problems with the App, we were advised that the BP will be (perhaps the word is ‘should be’ or ‘may be’) available to print. As you suggest, it doesn’t seem to make any difference anyway.
BTW, boarding in Southampton a few weeks ago, there was no Blue line; no Green line. Just two line…one for ‘Suites, Elite and Platinum’; the second was ‘All others’. Easy peasy. Cheers…

Yes, forgot Southampton is a little different.  I like their way better!  Just like the “Old” days. 🤣

A few months ago.  Lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

The BP appears on the App screen about 11 days prior to departure date.  You would have to do a screen swipe and print the saved image if you want a hardcopy.  No such thing as a paper BP anymore.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The BP appears on the App screen about 11 days prior to departure date.  You would have to do a screen swipe and print the saved image if you want a hardcopy.  No such thing as a paper BP anymore.

Ironically, the App QR gives you a check in window like 1:00 to 1:30 and the next day it changes the time on the check in window.  Crazy.

Actually, travel summary says boarding times for this ship starts at 11:30 am.

There are no more check in times and the cabin/deck should be shown.

The QR page says cabin pending and deck pending.  What?  

New format, confusing for folks.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Ironically, the App QR gives you a check in window like 1:00 to 1:30 and the next day it changes the time on the check in window.  Crazy.

Actually, travel summary says boarding times for this ship starts at 11:30 am.

There are no more check in times and the cabin/deck should be shown.

The QR page says cabin pending and deck pending.  What?  

New format, confusing for folks.

Either a bug or is cabin a GTY?  The times are a joke no matter where they appear and are meant only for newbies.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Either a bug or is cabin a GTY?  The times are a joke no matter where they appear and are meant only for newbies.

No it’s never been a GTY.  Booked a year ago.
Just their programming, I suppose.

Unless, it’s overbooked! 🤣

I’ll give feedback.

• Thanks 1

Print your Travel Summary.  There are some ports like Port Everglades where there is a security check for private vehicles entering the port compound.  The guard will ask for ID and proof travel that you are cruising.  Doesn't apply to those on Princess transfers.

No one has ever stopped me from entering the cruise terminal without proof of travel.  Sometimes we've been asked to flash our passports.  NEVER have we been asked to show the QR code at check-in.  You only need to know your cabin number and if you don't remember that, the check-in agent can find your booking by your last name.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Print your Travel Summary.  There are some ports like Port Everglades where there is a security check for private vehicles entering the port compound.  The guard will ask for ID and proof travel that you are cruising.  Doesn't apply to those on Princess transfers.

No one has ever stopped me from entering the cruise terminal without proof of travel.  Sometimes we've been asked to flash our passports.  NEVER have we been asked to show the QR code at check-in.  You only need to know your cabin number and if you don't remember that, the check-in agent can find your booking by your last name.

It doesn't have to be a Princess transfer, just anyone going to Terminal 2. Princess's main terminal is T2, which is before the security gate, so anyone can access it without having to show their paperwork (at least until they enter the terminal for check-in). If another Princess ship is using another terminal, anyone going there may be subject to showing the paperwork.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

It doesn't have to be a Princess transfer, just anyone going to Terminal 2. Princess's main terminal is T2, which is before the security gate, so anyone can access it without having to show their paperwork (at least until they enter the terminal for check-in). If another Princess ship is using another terminal, anyone going there may be subject to showing the paperwork.

The taxi drivers/rideshares tend use the entrance at the end of Port Everglades Expressway with the security gate.  They are not familiar with the berth assignments and the sign boards there will direct them to the correct terminal.  For the taxi drivers it also adds a mile to the meter when being dropped off at Terminal 2 or 4 (more $$$ for them).  I've had to specifically tell the driver to use the entrance on Eisenhower Blvd. when on Princess to not pay more.

1 minute ago, crimmj said:

Re: QR code. I only have one showing in my app, with my name. None for my husband. Is the QR code for both of us? But it sounds like it might not matter anyway. 

Each of you have one. Sign into his account on the App and he has one.  If I had to guess, the coding is only different with the name/dob.  Anyway, I just screenshot each one.  Although, they won’t ask for it.  🥴

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crimmj said:

Re: QR code. I only have one showing in my app, with my name. None for my husband. Is the QR code for both of us? But it sounds like it might not matter anyway. 

QR codes are a thing of the past, no longer used.  In reality, they were never used!

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Each of you have one. Sign into his account on the App and he has one.  If I had to guess, the coding is only different with the name/dob.  Anyway, I just screenshot each one.  Although, they won’t ask for it.  🥴

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

11 minutes ago, crimmj said:

11 minutes ago, crimmj said:

Would you look at your QR…

does it say cabin pending and deck pending?  Or, the actual deck & cabin no?

TIA