Toiletries

Good morning,

We finally have our first cruise booked for January.  Super excited and reading on here has taught me a lot! Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm not seeing it.  What is included for toiletries in a regular balcony room? I'm going to try to get away with just doing a carry on suitcase for each of us (four). So the less I need to bring the better🙂. Thank you all veteran cruisers for your knowledge, I'm quiet in posting but read on here daily! 

7 minutes ago, WeExplore said:

I am on the Radiance and the shower gel/shampoo in the dispenser is the exact same as the “upgraded” shower gel/shampoo in the small bottles! 

The one in the dispenser is all in 1. 

The upgraded is 4 invidivudal tubes. I personally dont mix my shampoo and conditioner ahead of time. Dont know if I have a picture of the 4 tubes handy, but I sure wouldnt say the same all in 1 as individual shampoo and condition and body wash and lotion. 

I usually ask for a 2nd bar of soap. I want one in the shower and one at the sink. I'm solo so maybe they cut to 1 bar because of that. 

1 hour ago, tkme2disney said:

Good morning,

We finally have our first cruise booked for January.  Super excited and reading on here has taught me a lot! Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm not seeing it.  What is included for toiletries in a regular balcony room? I'm going to try to get away with just doing a carry on suitcase for each of us (four). So the less I need to bring the better🙂. Thank you all veteran cruisers for your knowledge, I'm quiet in posting but read on here daily! 

We purchased two sets of these for cruises, and we fill one with my shampoo, and the other three with DW's shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The two sets hold enough to last us for two weeks with no problems, since we typically do 2 week B2B cruises.

Capture.JPG

I have been using bar shampoo and conditioners for the last few years.   So much easier to travel with and no leakage or plastic. They last a few months- obviously less if multiple people are using.  I am skipping the body was on my next trip and will just use the one in the shower for the important bits and pieces.  I can't use a 2-in-1 on my hair-not conditioning enough.

24 minutes ago, luvbrady said:

I have been using bar shampoo and conditioners for the last few years.   So much easier to travel with and no leakage or plastic. They last a few months- obviously less if multiple people are using.  I am skipping the body was on my next trip and will just use the one in the shower for the important bits and pieces.  I can't use a 2-in-1 on my hair-not conditioning enough.

Another great idea!  I've never used bar shampoo / conditioner.  Do you have a favorite that you'd recommend?

My daughter and I both use Ethique.  I Amazon it.  I know Target has some brands in store as well.  We chartered a 45ft catamaran in the USVIs so I did the research to ensure eco-friendly since that definitly goes back into the ocean.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The one in the dispenser is all in 1. 

The upgraded is 4 invidivudal tubes. I personally dont mix my shampoo and conditioner ahead of time. Dont know if I have a picture of the 4 tubes handy, but I sure wouldnt say the same all in 1 as individual shampoo and condition and body wash and lotion. 

I usually ask for a 2nd bar of soap. I want one in the shower and one at the sink. I'm solo so maybe they cut to 1 bar because of that. 

Everyone starts with just one bar of soap, it is not a solo cruiser thing.  The cabin attendant will, of course, provided more. 

M

I'm  close to 500 points  and have never received  upgraded toiletries.   Just got home last week , from a cruise I  thought I  would ask about it .  Upon asking  my cabin attendant  was told I'd  have to go to C/A  to ask for it. I didn't need it that bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

I'm  close to 500 points  and have never received  upgraded toiletries.   Just got home last week , from a cruise I  thought I  would ask about it .  Upon asking  my cabin attendant  was told I'd  have to go to C/A  to ask for it. I didn't need it that bad.

Your cabin attendant was incorrect. He/she is responsible for providing the products to you. 
m

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:38 AM, firefly333 said:

1 bar of soap and a all in one body cleanser, shampoo and conditioner in the shower.

At 340 loyalty pts you get upgraded toiletries or a suite, but not a balcony. 

I checked the CAS chart for 9/1/23, and anyone with 340+ points gets the upgraded toiletries, no matter what kind of cabin they are in.  Footnote #30.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 9:26 AM, orville99 said:

We purchased two sets of these for cruises, and we fill one with my shampoo, and the other three with DW's shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The two sets hold enough to last us for two weeks with no problems, since we typically do 2 week B2B cruises.

Capture.JPG

I do the same thing, but my little jars and bottles came from Walmart!!

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 6:55 PM, mets07 said:

On our last two Royal cruises, our stateroom attendants left the upgraded toiletries. We were not in special staterooms and did not request them. Interesting. 

I always bring my own conditioner in any case. 

We often get those also. Cabin attendants visit suites after cruisers have left and gather unused toiletries to give to cabins that they know do not get them. It might help their tips. We never use them as we carry our own, but put them on the counter for him to reuse.