I thought I’d just share some pics from our Pacific Coastal cruise last week

CruisinShips

4 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

It looks like you have a nice big balcony. What type of cabin are you in?

We were fortunate enough to be in a CS, 1618, which has an angled balcony. It was really wonderful and we spent a lot of time out there.

4 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

On the Eclipse.  The weather was beautiful as was the scenery. 

IMG_0769.jpeg

My former home for three yearss (1987-1990).  Always enjoy visiting her again when I am in San Diego.. 

Thank you for posting this. 

7 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

We were fortunate enough to be in a CS, 1618, which has an angled balcony. It was really wonderful and we spent a lot of time out there.

We were in 1622 on the same cruise. Remember the pilot for Astoria coming in by helicopter. A friend sent me this photo.

Eclipse.jpg

23 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Good for you. I am hoping for a move up offer on the Eclipse

Just for your information.   You don't need an invite.   If you are eligible (usually non-Big Box Reservations)  you can just go to the following link and put in your Reservation Number and Last Name.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Even though I'm  Zenith 50-60% of the time I never receive an invite but still able to bid.

Love the pictures coming under the GG Bridge.   One can tell that the ship hadn't been revolutionized as all of the passengers are lined up in the area that is now the Retreat Lounge.   One can understand the dissatisfaction of non-Suite passengers in loosing this space.

Our first cruise through the Gate was on Mercury many years ago.  The day was incredibly clear for SF and at least 100 miles visibility.   20 minutes after passing under the Golden Gate the Captain came on and advised that in 30 minutes all the exterior decks would be closed.

We hit 25-35 Foot waves for the next two days.    The first night the MDR was empty and they had the hallways lined with bags.    You literally had to hold onto the railings to walk down the hallways.   Luckily none of us were affected and enjoyed that.   The bright side was once we broke through the seas up to Alaska and back were like a country pond and skies with no clouds and very little wind.