Allure 10/25 Itinerary Change

OCSC Mike

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our October 25th, 2023 sailing! Before we set sail, we have an important itinerary update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, Craig, Setzer, we’ve been monitoring some adverse weather along our intended path. To ensure a safe and comfortable sailing, we’ll now visit Cozumel, Mexico instead of Labadee, Haiti. Additionally, we’ll now enjoy Perfect Day at CocoCay on Day 5. We’re sorry for the last-minute change. 

Please know your safety is our top priority and being onboard is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Our revised itinerary is below for your convenience.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/25/23

Wed

Orlando (Port Canaveral), FL

4:00 PM

10/26/23

Thu

Cruising

10/27/23

Fri

Cozumel, Mexico

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

10/28/23

Sat

Cruising

10/29/23

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

10/30/23

Mon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our October 25th, 2023 sailing! Before we set sail, we have an important itinerary update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, Craig, Setzer, we’ve been monitoring some adverse weather along our intended path. To ensure a safe and comfortable sailing, we’ll now visit Cozumel, Mexico instead of Labadee, Haiti. Additionally, we’ll now enjoy Perfect Day at CocoCay on Day 5. We’re sorry for the last-minute change. 

Please know your safety is our top priority and being onboard is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Our revised itinerary is below for your convenience.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/25/23

Wed

4:00 PM

10/26/23

Thu

Cruising

10/27/23

Fri

Cozumel, Mexico

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

10/28/23

Sat

Cruising

10/29/23

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

5:00 PM

10/30/23

Mon

I guess I don't need to send you the email. 

• Haha 12

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mike I'll bet you are excited? I've been to cozumel I'd guess over 75 times. I'm in the anywhere but cozumel camp.  Royal is excited.

We've been there several times but somehow we've never tried Nochi Cocom, which I know everyone seems to love... so I just booked it for Friday.

So yes, we're happy about it, lol. We weren't excited about Labadee. We're not beach people and the food is awful there. I don't eat hot dogs and burgers in WJ, I don't need them at Labadee. Give me good food and drinks and I become a beach person... hence why I like CocoCay and wanted to try Nachi. 🤣

I just need to change my 2 specialty dinner nights onboard now because of the changes but that shouldn't be a huge deal I hope.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We've been there several times but somehow we've never tried Nochi Cocom, which I know everyone seems to love... so I just booked it for Friday.

So yes, we're happy about it, lol. We weren't excited about Labadee. We're not beach people and the food is awful there. I don't eat hot dogs and burgers in WJ, I don't need them at Labadee. Give me good food and drinks and I become a beach person... hence why I like CocoCay and wanted to try Nachi. 🤣

I just need to change my 2 specialty dinner nights onboard now because of the changes but that shouldn't be a huge deal I hope.

I never been there, but I thought it was a beach club?

Have fun!!!

We LOVE renting a car and driving around Cozumel.

33 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We weren't excited about Labadee.

Labadee is one of our least favorite Ports! We like Cozumel;) For many years we rented a scooter and rode around Cozumel. It's a pretty ride! We would stop for lunch past the light house on the North shore, then play on the beach across the street. -In today's world, I'm more cautious.- 

We're sailing with you on this cruise. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nachi is nice, you’ll like it.  It’s our go-to every time in Cozumel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Mike I'll bet you are excited? I've been to cozumel I'd guess over 75 times. I'm in the anywhere but cozumel camp.  Royal is excited.

I am curious as to how much you have explored beyond the port areas?

I can understand it can be intimidating solo. I really disliked Cozumel 20 years ago when we first times we visited by cruise ship and stayed by the port. Then I  had a local show me around and I realized there was life outside of Melgar! We have visited many times since by cruise ship and stayed for weeks at a time in town. I have walked all over town solo and taken many group and independent excursions. There are lots of places to go and things to do if you know where to look beyond the large tourist beach bars and shopping on Melgar. Obviously the prime attraction is diving.

Unfortunately many of the better restaurants only open at night - good for the overnight stops from Galveston, if we could only get them to dock in town!

So a change to Cozumel would be fine with me although I actually discovered and enjoyed Labadee, only last year.  Reports I read had dissuaded me from actively looking for a sailing that went there but a repositioning cruise from Galveston last year stopped there by chance  and we were pleasantly surprised and would love to visit again. We used to enjoy Coco Cay before it was commercialized so I suppose we don’t fit the profile of the masses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Have fun!!!

We LOVE renting a car and driving around Cozumel.

It is a beach club but usually quieter than many.

We also love going round the island, providing it isn’t sargassum season, but we would never self-drive. We like a drink and have a driver if we want to relax and be on our own schedule, or enjoy the bar hop if we want to socialize. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I went to Nacho cocom on Saturday for the first time.  I really liked it.  Have been to Paradise Beach.a few times in the past but thought I would try something new.  I would go back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am curious as to how much you have explored beyond the port areas?

I can understand it can be intimidating solo. I really disliked Cozumel 20 years ago when we first times we visited by cruise ship and stayed by the port. Then I  had a local show me around and I realized there was life outside of Melgar! We have visited many times since by cruise ship and stayed for weeks at a time in town. I have walked all over town solo and taken many group and independent excursions. There are lots of places to go and things to do if you know where to look beyond the large tourist beach bars and shopping on Melgar. Obviously the prime attraction is diving.

Unfortunately many of the better restaurants only open at night - good for the overnight stops from Galveston, if we could only get them to dock in town!

So a change to Cozumel would be fine with me although I actually discovered and enjoyed Labadee, only last year.  Reports I read had dissuaded me from actively looking for a sailing that went there but a repositioning cruise from Galveston last year stopped there by chance  and we were pleasantly surprised and would love to visit again. We used to enjoy Coco Cay before it was commercialized so I suppose we don’t fit the profile of the masses.

I've taken almost all the excursions offered at some time or other.

Once I had a accessed tooth and knew their dentistry was free and called from dallas and set up a appointment.  Took a taxi to town and back.

I especially enjoyed one tour that showed me local areas. No homeless in cozumel they put them up. They have a special area for teachers. They offer them a mortgage to teach there and special low cost housing. Made me think all those port taxes add up. 

I've eaten mexican food here and there. Used to walk downtown and walk around, now it's kinda far to walk for me.

I loved seeing the beach side, the back side of the island and hearing why houses arent back there, hurricanes keep wiping them out. So they dont build back there and that's why it's so deserted. Done some of the fake stuff where they show local color, not my thing, looked fake. I've even docked many times downtown where it's easier to walk around. 

The way you asked makes me think you think I havent seen cozumel over the last 20 years I've been docking there. Out of Galveston I've been there a lot. I have 197 points on carnival almost all outmof Galveston and a few out of new orleans.

Carnival too goes there almost every cruise. Lol I wish chips and salsa were free at mexican restaurants there. Went to some excursion, it was like miniatures of ruins lol .. that one was a bust, guess i didnt read the description. Used to cruise with my sister who loves to shop. I havent done the thing where the fish nibble on your feet, but will. I've shopped for fake cuban cigars, have a group I attend who smokes not me. I know only one place downtown can be trusted. Have gone with a list, like look for a purse. Other stuff. Missed the jet boat twister I think carnival bought now. I feel completely comfortable taking a taxi around cozumel. 

Not sure why you seem to think after 20 years I havent seen a lot of cozumel. I have. Never used to book excursions ahead, that's new to me since covid. Also done princess ncl out of texas, to Galveston. Most people think it's odd I would make a dentist appointment when I'm docking there. Hard to remember but didnt carnival used to dock downtown all the time? I'm full up of tequila though I love tequila tasting. Just shopped out right now. Planning on moving. Not interested in the beach.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I was kidding you btw. I guess my joke didnt connect with anyone or c legs. 

About being excited to go to cozumel. .. I laughed when I read their letter they were excited to tell you they were sending you to another couple of ports. .. It was meant as a play on how excited they were to tell you.

Whenever rcl has a change they tell you they are excited to tell you ... 

Jokes posted here often fall flat, I know .. but my post was meant to kid you about how excited rcl was to tell you. Maybe I need more smiley faces.  😁😁😁😁😁😁

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

That's why I said...

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Give me good food and drinks and I become a beach person

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was kidding you btw.

I thought the joke was about us liking different things, lol. No biggie either way. Hectic day with the itinerary change and this already being a last minute cruise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I thought the joke was about us liking different things, lol. No biggie either way. Hectic day with the itinerary change and this already being a last minute cruise.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Mike I'll bet you are excited? Royal is excited.

I added the word excited twice, but I'll work on my jokes being more obvious. More smiley faces.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 9:45 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Have a great time. I cannot wait to start sailing on Allure for the weekend.

Ship looks good to me so far. I have the newness & features of Wonder in my head from my last cruise so I keep noticing little differences but nothing that would prevent having a great cruise of course.

I just need the winds around CocoCay to die down a bit when we head back north. 🤞

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ship looks good to me so far. I have the newness & features of Wonder in my head from my last cruise so I keep noticing little differences but nothing that would prevent having a great cruise of course.

I just need the winds around CocoCay to die down a bit when we head back north. 🤞

Yep, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. I know you all are going to make it.

I have always liked the Allure. Have you tried Samba Grill? I really like that restaurant and every time I have eaten there it has been relatively quiet, with great service. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Have you tried Samba Grill?

No but mostly because we have a churrascaria at home we love. We used to go there for my bday every year (they gave you a free bay meal and it was like $50/person so that was part of it, lol, then  they changed to $25 off which is still nice.) I’m sure we’d like it but my wife is very picky (she eats only filet) so we never took a chance. We both love Giovanni’s Table (just ate there tonight actually) & don’t do a ton of specialty so we stuck with that.

50 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yep, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. I know you all are going to make it.

Thanks, we’d survive but we would obviously be disappointed if we missed it.

• Like 1