If just one Specialty, which one and what night (MDR meal to miss)?

LuCruise

Starting a fun thread (as trying to decide if we try a specialty on our Wonder cruise in March).  

I know this is subjective, but if you were to do just one specialty restaurant would you pick?  And what MDR night would you miss?

We're coming with a teenager.  She doesn't eat seafood but does like salmon and beef/chicken.  DH and I don't eat beef/chicken.  

Thinking maybe...Wonderland (for something unique - but also hesitating due to the strange menu) and missing Italian night.

We've tried Chops and the two Italian places on different ships so thinking something new for us.

How about others?

5 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

If you’ve never done it, I’d do Wonderland just for the experience. If you have, I’d do 159 CP. 

This is what we're thinking...an odd menu (with a great dessert!) but seems like a neat experience.  It was actually our teenager that asked to try it in the past.

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Whatever you do, SKIP Mexican night in the MDR; it is absolutely horrible

I just checked the menus and that has the warm chocolate cookie...best dessert with new menus.

We didn't mind Mexican night too as the entree had a few options that we liked.

23 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We do need to make sure we have dinner or lunch together next week 😉

We have 150CP and Samba booked and then winging it for the other nights 

I'm going to "assume" you were talking to me instead of talking to yourself (see post 7 quote) I have friends coming that I have not seen in several years so not sure how much we are going to as we call it in my family "stick like glue"  Will definitely  find you for cocktails though

• Like 1

I say book Wonderland.  There are a lot of good dishes to try.   Just let your waiter know your preferences and dislikes and they will bring out an assortment of dishes.   

Definitely recommend you try the world desert.   Fun experience for all ages.

I agree with others skip Mexican night.   

• Like 1

Based on what you've said your family likes and doesn't like, I'd suggest Jamie's (pasta).

Wonderland is definitely for a more adventurous palette, and it doesn't sound like this is a good fit for your family. 

If it were me, I'd pick 150 Central Park, Hibachi, then Chops, probably in that order.   You guys actually might find food you'll all like at the Hibachi.

• Like 1

Food is very subjective, but my thoughts are miss Italian night and go to 150 CP. I would have recommended Hooked, but not a good place to go if someone doesn’t like seafood. Wonderland is the last speciality restaurant I would recommend. The food there is definitely unique (not in a good way) and Wonderland is the one speciality restaurant where everyone I have gone with is still hungry. The only time I would recommend going to Wonderland is if you have the UDP, so you can go somewhere else after eating there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Food is very subjective, but my thoughts are miss Italian night and go to 150 CP. I would have recommended Hooked, but not a good place to go if someone doesn’t like seafood. Wonderland is the last speciality restaurant I would recommend. The food there is definitely unique (not in a good way) and Wonderland is the one speciality restaurant where everyone I have gone with is still hungry. The only time I would recommend going to Wonderland is if you have the UDP, so you can go somewhere else after eating there. 

Yeah, Dh and I would be interested in trying Hooked, but DD would be very limited.

I find when I'm on a cruise, I forget what hunger is...lol, so that wouldn't be a problem for me, but good to know.  We can always grab something on the promenade or Windjammer if still need a snack.

Trying to get an idea before Black Friday...hoping things will go on sale (although Wonderland is the cheapest I've seen it at the moment at $65 CAD - I think it's a good deal)

For 150 CP, DH is allergic to hazelnuts and walnuts and a lot of their dishes (or desserts) seem to have that.  Otherwise, seems like a good one to try.