Drydock Schedule

Ashland

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, haven't kept up with drydocks other than Oasis class. Of you see a 6 week gap in their itineraries then you know there is a drydock. 

Thanks so much.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Explorer, Jewel and Freedom...any idea?

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Explorer 9/25

Jewel 4/24

Freedom 4/25

These are the statutory dates, there can be some slip a month or two either side of these dates.

There's a break in Jewels schedule from April 20, 2024 when she finishes her TA in Southhampton to her first sailing that departs on may 15 from Amsterdam,  That's her taken care of. 

Freedom has a break in her schedule from Jan 6 to Feb 16 2025.

Explorer won't be possibly be known until the next set of itineraries is released. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Explorer 9/25

Jewel 4/24

Freedom 4/25

These are the statutory dates, there can be some slip a month or two either side of these dates.

Thanks so much. On Jewel 7/24 so hopefully it will happen...last sailing 7/22 on her we noticed she needed it.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There's a break in Jewels schedule from April 20, 2024 when she finishes her TA in Southhampton to her first sailing that departs on may 15 from Amsterdam,  That's her taken care of. 

Freedom has a break in her schedule from Jan 6 to Feb 16 2025.

Explorer won't be possibly be known until the next set of itineraries is released. 

Thanks...We'll be on Freedom 3/25.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:47 PM, Biker19 said:

Some sites like cruisedeckplans have some info on dry docks. 

I hope they have old information.  
They show Voyager going Jan 2024.   Our cruise is mid Feb, and Jan and Feb 2024 are solid cruises.    I assume that they don't cancel cruises for drydock?  

35 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I hope they have old information.  
They show Voyager going Jan 2024.   Our cruise is mid Feb, and Jan and Feb 2024 are solid cruises.    I assume that they don't cancel cruises for drydock?  

From the DNV website, their bottom survey (dry dock) is due in Oct 2024, and since this is also their "main class renewal" period, that means they could not do this early in Jan.  The range for the class renewal is July to October 2024, so any dry dock outside that range "doesn't count", and they would need to do another one during the required range. I believe that RCI "suspended" their class certificates during COVID, so the class renewal period slipped, and the Jan date may have been from pre-covid.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news for the Jewel. I am on the TA in April 2024. However, that means she will probably be in the same state she was back in late 2021 where she needed a lick of paint here and there.

Thanks for the post about her.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Anyone have any updates to share on RC drydocks coming up?

Radiance is in dry dock right now until March 28. Grandeur from March 24-April 24. Spectrum March 28-April 18. Jewel April 20- May 15. Vision April 23-May 21.

Edited by Jussabitconfused
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We'll be on Radiance this September/October for a Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to LA, then LA to Tampa. Someone told me that the carpets smelled bad, so, hopefully, maybe carpets, some furniture and bedding will be replaced!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

We'll be on Radiance this September/October for a Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to LA, then LA to Tampa. Someone told me that the carpets smelled bad, so, hopefully, maybe carpets, some furniture and bedding will be replaced!

I remember seeing someone say that they had seen rolls of carpet on the Radiance. Not sure where they were storing them that someone would see them.

• Like 1