Help, NR vs Ref Rates & Price drop rules?

I’m seeing next summer rates for annual cruise w/GD far higher than what I paid this year.  

$2,800 for an inside 3 night on allure ouch

mr is having sticker shock. I feel

why not book it if I see a cabin open that works for us. 

Want to accurately present my case to him.  Is the following correct? 

have been operating under assumption that I can book a cruise & adjust, as long as it’s not a NR rate 

Holding onto possibility I could modify it (before final pmt) if I do see a discounted rate (military, sr, resident, even Black Friday deal) & then owe lessor $

if I do jump on a NR rate, believe I then would only qualify for OBC if prior to final pmt & ability to move up in category after that time

TIA

55 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

I’m seeing next summer rates for annual cruise w/GD far higher than what I paid this year.  

$2,800 for an inside 3 night on allure ouch

mr is having sticker shock. I feel

why not book it if I see a cabin open that works for us. 

Want to accurately present my case to him.  Is the following correct? 

have been operating under assumption that I can book a cruise & adjust, as long as it’s not a NR rate 

Holding onto possibility I could modify it (before final pmt) if I do see a discounted rate (military, sr, resident, even Black Friday deal) & then owe lessor $

if I do jump on a NR rate, believe I then would only qualify for OBC if prior to final pmt & ability to move up in category after that time

TIA

Black friday deals have been for planner items in the past, not particularly cruise prices. Dont hold your breath this year will see cruise price deals. The other items like military or sr rates are more likely if cabins arent selling well, which we know isnt true. 

Summer? That price looks very high, I know I can get a 7 day for less. Must be a high time to cruise you want. There are certainly lower prices for that ship too. Look into group rates. I wouldnt book direct. Find a ta with lower refundable rates. 

I'm with your husband, makes no sense to book something you arent comfortable with the price wishing and hoping for a price drop. Book at a rate you want to sail. 

I looked and cant even find a balcony that high, though I'm assuming you are quoting the most expensive date, summer or holiday to find that one. I can book a 1 bedroom grand suite for less on allure.  Your arguments and facts are kind odd.

Solo, full price for a random suite before fees and taxes.

20231030_121937671.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

9FD1A4DC-C626-4D65-9B83-19ED4A9B63F7.thumb.jpeg.979deff32125237fed33c9ea4a3a72dd.jpeg

fyi for upcoming allure sailing end of nov for 2pp inside, initially pd just under $1,200.  Total

price dipped after final pmt to point we are in a large OF balcony with change left over 

did you catch the cabin is for 3 ‘adults’? Although I can argue 13 yo is not an adult in the real world 

for this year summer cruise on Indy inside 2 a & 1 child our rate was $1,860

Multiple Current group rate quotes I gatherrd not worth hassle for less than $100 difference IMO

3 hours ago, keishashadow said:

9FD1A4DC-C626-4D65-9B83-19ED4A9B63F7.thumb.jpeg.979deff32125237fed33c9ea4a3a72dd.jpeg

fyi for upcoming allure sailing end of nov for 2pp inside, initially pd just under $1,200.  Total

price dipped after final pmt to point we are in a large OF balcony with change left over 

did you catch the cabin is for 3 ‘adults’? Although I can argue 13 yo is not an adult in the real world 

for this year summer cruise on Indy inside 2 a & 1 child our rate was $1,860

Multiple Current group rate quotes I gatherrd not worth hassle for less than $100 difference IMO

FWIW , 

A balcony guarantee is showing for closer to 2200$ US

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe check boardwalk or central park balcony instead of OV balcony.

Yes, good idea.  Inside came up so high, didn’t really dig further.  We do like those far aft BW ones.  

Now that we’ve reached platinum, does any/the associated balcony discount automatically populate for us if available on the sailing.

9 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Yes, good idea.  Inside came up so high, didn’t really dig further.  We do like those far aft BW ones.  

Now that we’ve reached platinum, does any/the associated balcony discount automatically populate for us if available on the sailing.

I'm not sure what discount Platinum members receive.  If you input your crown and Anchor number on the screen where it asks for any promo codes?

Are you limited to the 3 night sailing for that week?   There is some better pricing for longer cruises.   Plus July and August cruises usually come at a higher rate.   

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

you limited to the 3 night sailing for that week?   There is some better pricing for longer cruises.   Plus July and August cruises usually come at a higher rate.   

Yes, GD is participates in competitive sports. Has tight schedule, not much wiggle room there.  

the current GTY options seem best at this point for that time frame

glad we are retired and generally have flexibility. Surprised to realize how much prices can vary 

I will to call & have them price it out, factoring in the C&A number as not seeing any difference when I signin online and add it to search

21 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Yes, GD is participates in competitive sports. Has tight schedule, not much wiggle room there.  

the current GTY options seem best at this point for that time frame

glad we are retired and generally have flexibility. Surprised to realize how much prices can vary 

I will to call & have them price it out, factoring in the C&A number as not seeing any difference when I signin online and add it to search

Did you check off 55+ for senior discount, if applicable?  

12 hours ago, keishashadow said:

I will take a look at that thank you!  

We do have 3 adults, might be why it didn’t show up in the search?  Not sure

With July 4 occurring on a Thursday in 2024, it creates a really long weekend for people in Florida and typically becomes one of the most popular weeks for getaway cruises out of Port Canaveral.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

With July 4 occurring on a Thursday in 2024, it creates a really long weekend for people in Florida and typically becomes one of the most popular weeks for getaway cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Yes, we e been going last week of June & first one of July for over 10 years with the GD to parks.  Cruising that time period just last year tho.

Will likely go with end of June one as it’s a bit less. Think more people will

migrate to first weekend in july

just realized allure is then headed to Miami. Could be Orlando locals want to squeeze in another short sailing beforehand that is a factor 

2 hours ago, keishashadow said:

ust realized allure is then headed to Miami. Could be Orlando locals want to squeeze in another short sailing beforehand that is a factor 

More likely just because so far they have been able to extract a premium on all 2024 sailings.

We booked a GS on Adventure (8-night Southern Caribbean) out of Port Canaveral for July 5, 2024 when the itineraries were first released. All in cost for the two of us (including insurance) $3,584. Just looked at that cruise again this morning, and that price would now only get us a Promenade view interior ($3,576 all in cost). A GS on that cruise now goes for more than $10,000.😱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

More likely just because so far they have been able to extract a premium on all 2024 sailings.

IDK 11/22 booked a 9 night on allure 5/5/23 sailing, inside for $1,700.  It never did drop

Meanwhile, upcoming allure sailing dropped multiple times after final pmt.  Least we went from inside to big balcony:)

maybe will get lucky again for utopia Dec cruise in ‘24  lol fat chance. It’s gone up several hundred $ since I booked a few weeks ago  

Update did book the XN - Neighborhood Gty balcony for the 3 of us @ $2,155 thru RCCL.  

Agent offered a Gty OV balcony for $2,315, even tho it wasn’t listed on the website.  

agent did say:

watch the price, if it drops for XN call back in and they will adjust

also, said I could upgrade either before or after final payment to a higher category (assigned neighborhood balcony & up) by paying the difference.  

Wasn’t aware of either options.  Hopefully, our 1st guarantee booking will go smoothly 🙂