Does Royal Double Dip on cancellation

bob63005

If you cancel, how much you get back depends when you cancel after final.

If they can resell your cabin why not? I no showed, was no pt in cancelling so they didnt resell mine, but I'm sure they sometimes resell. Why would it matter to you?

Btw many

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bob63005 said:

If i cancel after final and get nothing from Royal and have to get from insurance does royal resell the cabin via market or Royal Up and keep my full fare plus additional sale?

Of course they do.  What else do you think they'd do, leave the cabin empty?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I'm guessing you want them to refund your money if RCI resells your cabin?  Maybe they should allow you to resell the cabin?

I would think depending on your original booking you could.  If you booked a room for say 4 people, as long as the main person remained on the reservation, you could sell/change the name for guests 2, 3 and 4.  On boarding day, the main person would just no show and the "new" guests could still board.  This would allow you to effectively "sell" your reservation, assuming you could find someone will to buy it, past the payment in full date.

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I'm guessing you want them to refund your money if RCI resells your cabin?  Maybe they should allow you to resell the cabin?

According to EU law if you can proof that the cruise line resold your canceled cabin and has in general made no loss due to your cancelation you can claim your money back. However, not easy to do.

• Like 1

As long as you get your money back through insurance why does it bother you. You are the one canceling.  I'm assuming it's for medical reasons if you're going through insurance unless you have cancel for any reason insurance.  Why shouldn't someone else be able to get that cabin? 

Wish one could resell a cabin in the open market.  Be able to make some series bucks.  For instance, I booked about a year ago, as a Xmas present, an ocean view balcony cabin for my son & family (3) on Anthem sailing Easter Sunday and was selling for $3,158.   Although not an exact comparison. but will provide a good indication of the increased pricing.  Currently only ocean views w/large balcony are available and the fare totals $6,443 😊 There's a C&A balcony discount of $226 in both pricing.

On my last cruise on the Vision there was someone who was trying to sell her cabin on the cruise FB page because she couldn't go at the last minute.  The post is no longer there or I would have screenshot it and shared for the 😳