How long does medallion shipment take?

Ombud

Getting a little nervous. My medallion was  shipped on the 3rd. LA USPS is still waiting to receive it (slow boat from China?) and I leave in a week. FWIW I'm green but now wondering if I'll get my medallion before I fly out

Edited by Ombud

If you don't receive it, they'll issue you one at the port.

Just have a trusted neighbor/friend/relative pick up your mail so thieves don't get hold of it, if arriving after you leave. Meaning them knowing when you're on vacation.

Let us know if it arrives, OK?

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

USPS tracking should populate any time now.  Princess uses a freight forwarder to get the Medallions to the US.  The Medallion tracking e-mails are sent once the package hit the US and are sorted by the freight forwarder at their warehouse.  It's a matter of when the freight forwarder will tender the package to USPS for the trip through their network.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Getting a little nervous. My medallion was  shipped on the 3rd. LA USPS is still waiting to receive it (slow boat from China?) and I leave in a week. FWIW I'm green but now wondering if I'll get my medallion before I fly out

We are on the cruise with you (Enchanted TA) and this morning the tracking now shows USPS receipt and scheduled delivery for next Monday and we are in Colorado. Will probably be even earlier for you living in California and the shipment coming from LA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mtnesterz i usually don't leave this early for a cruise but I don't want to just do an overnighter in Rome area. And we won't get mail Saturday (Veterans Day)

@Upper Bob thanks, looking forward to it Monday as informed delivery still shows it intransit to USPS. But that 1st step has been skipped before and I can't imagine a scenario where the whole ship's medallions weren’t sent from manufacturer enmass

1 hour ago, koolforkatz said:

Hi @Ombud.  Ours was shipped on the 31st and we just received them today. But we don't check our mail every day so they might have been there for a few days already. Can't believe we board one week today! 

Mine was not checked in at LA but is now in SF with delivery tomorrow by 9pm!

44 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

@Ombudare you sailing on Island or Enchanted?

Enchanted. Are you onboard??

================

So I'm going to think of it as a 10 day delivery. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Getting a little nervous. My medallion was  shipped on the 3rd. 

Just curious, how did you know it was shipped on the 3rd? Does Princess notify you when the medallions are on their way?

Just now, Ombud said:

Let us know what you think about the Island after it was given an extra stateroom deck

I was on Island for 30 days this summer doing Norway/Iceland/Greenland.  It was fine, except the fitness center was like a dungeon as it was totally inside.  Otherwise it's a nice, smaller, older ship.  I think it's got a drydock coming up in 2024 and that should help spruce her up a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Just curious, how did you know it was shipped on the 3rd? Does Princess notify you when the medallions are on their way?

Informed Delivery sent me a text alert but it does show up in the app

Princess sent an email advising that the medallions had shipped to us here in Canada on November 4.  They arrived yesterday November 8 by Canada Post Express Post with the package sent from the Toronto, Canada area.  The USPS tracking link in the email did not work.

Happy to get them before our November 25 cruise.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

They do let you know, we live way out in the country near Yosemite and our medallions usually take about a week after we are notified about shipping.

• Like 1

Got it!! 

@DCThunder I'm getting it at the port in the future but this time was 'free' (ordered before charge). Personal issue is that if I'm cruising from across the pond or down under I go up to a week early. So getting at home won't work next cruise ....

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:34 AM, Ombud said:

Hi. I had the very same experience whilst waiting for mine I live outside SF)...every day, tracking said USPS label was created and USPS was waiting for the medallion. This went on for over a week, week and a half. 

Then, about a week before my cruise (embarked 10/8/23), my medallion showed up...from NEW JERSEY!!  Imagine my surprise. Meanwhile, the link they originally sent me showed it *still* showed USPS waiting...go figure.

I hope you have a similar outcome!! But it is a tad nerve wracking...for no good reason...

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 5:34 AM, Ombud said:

They will get you one at the dock if needed.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:05 PM, Plato123 said:

Princess sent an email advising that the medallions had shipped to us here in Canada on November 4.  They arrived yesterday November 8 by Canada Post Express Post with the package sent from the Toronto, Canada area.  The USPS tracking link in the email did not work.

Happy to get them before our November 25 cruise.

Were you provided a Canada Post tracking number?  PCL should be sending that thru like they do for American guests who get a USPS tracking number.

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Got it!! 

@DCThunder I'm getting it at the port in the future but this time was 'free' (ordered before charge). Personal issue is that if I'm cruising from across the pond or down under I go up to a week early. So getting at home won't work next cruise ....

Glad to hear that you received your Medallion, Ombud.  FWIW, we have never ordered our medallions ahead of time and it’s always been quick and easy to get them at the port.  The most recent time that we did this was this past summer when we boarded the Enchanted in Rome.  Just mentioning this to ease your mind for your future cruises.