Caribbean Princess Nightly Entertainment Show Line-Up

IndyKid

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for the 12/10 - 12/17 Eastern Caribbean cruise. The JourneyView page in the app is now showing the week's activities, including the nightly shows. I'd like some input from those who have recently traveled on her and gone to any of these productions whether or not they are worth the time? 

They are as follows:

Night 1 - Comedian Carlos Oscar

Night 2 - Fantastic Journey

Night 3 - Whitney Houston Tribute

Night 4 - Born To Be Wild

Night 5 - Duo Hohreacov

Night 6 - Bravo

Night 7 - Farewell Variety Show

Carlos Oscar is one of Princess' favorite comedians.  I'm not into comedians, but he is good.

Bravo is light opera music/songs.  No theme.  No plot.  Visiting Soprano.  I enjoy this production show.

Farewell Variety Show is new to Princess.  Too bad it is only shown once on the night before disembarkation.  Usually very god.  I didn't see it...to busy packing.

Born to be Wild is another Production show.  I forget what era it is.

Not a Whitney Houston Fan.

Not sure if Fantastic Journey is one of their newer shows.  There was one that had terrific light show.

I have seen two of these shows in the past. Carlos Oscar is a good comic. Have seen him a number of times. Worth the visit. Bravo is an excellent show. Its theme is great songs backed by excellent music. There is an expanded orchestra adding some of the musicians you see around the ship such as violins and extra percussion. The Princess lead production show vocalists as well as a guest vocalist sing known songs as well as one or two light opera songs. I remember some of those powerful James Bond movie themes. Bravo is always SRO. Performers are dressed in nice what I would classify formal wear, tux and gowns. It has been around for years and always gets good reviews.  Unless you have premier reserved seating arrive at least 45minutes early. You may wish to bring a book along. When Bravo is on the schedule I have always planned my dining around the show. Example, I will attend the early show, then pick up something after the show in the DR or elsewhere. 

A few years back, Carlos Oscar won some award for best entertainer on Princess.

We think he is hilarious, but some find him not to their tastes, which could be said of any act.

This being the third post mentioning him, it say he is he is a well known favorite. Get your seat early because the show will be packed. 

He was supposed to get a TV series, I wonder what happened to that?

Edited by mtnesterz

13 hours ago, IndyKid said:

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for the 12/10 - 12/17 Eastern Caribbean cruise. The JourneyView page in the app is now showing the week's activities, including the nightly shows. I'd like some input from those who have recently traveled on her and gone to any of these productions whether or not they are worth the time? 

They are as follows:

Night 5 - Duo Hohreacov

Night 6 - Bravo

Born to be Wild is an awesome rock and roll show if you like music from the 60s and 70s, which we do. We also really enjoyed the Whitney Houston Tribute on our recent CB cruise. The Farewell Variety Show was also pretty good. But it's usually just one show around 9 pm on the same night you have to put your luggage out. Fantastic Journey looks pretty cool based on the YouTube video I just saw online.

As far as Bravo goes, if you haven't seen it, you should go. However, for us it all depends on the guest soprano "opera" singer they have. We usually go to it, then leave after the Queen and James Bond music to get a good seat at the 8 pm game show, as we're really not soprano opera singer fans. 

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Entertainment is subjective, only you know your tastes and preferences. 

Totally agree, but I had no clue as to what any of these shows were about, except for Whitney Houston. I'll share these responses with my wife, and we can then decide what might interest us and what we will probably skip.

• Like 1

I've seen Fantastic Journey before so I thought I'd share. Disclaimer that it was on Majestic so the stage and theater were grander than on the Caribbean. I mention because the whole production somewhat demands the larger size because the whole thing feels like a spectacle. As in, it's just a bit much and seems to try really hard into cramming a lot of "of the digital age"...things into it. Or at least that's what I feel. I recall lots of uses of emojis. Flashing lights and big moving production pieces. No storyline either. Just very busy. It's one of Princess's more polarizing shows in terms of its reception, I believe; it really might not make any sense for some or be just the right kind of weird for others. Maybe sit around in the back and give it a try so you can... say you gave it a try? Lol, sorry if this does not help much.

Love Bravo; I always give that a go whenever onboard. Also enjoy Whitney plenty so I'd go, though I'm curious to hear who the tribute artist is; is it perhaps Cheaza? (have seen her Whitney act before and also enjoyed it)

On 11/11/2023 at 8:09 PM, IndyKid said:

They are as follows:

Night 5 - Duo Hohreacov

Night 6 - Bravo

Carlos Oscar is quite good--one of the few good comedians at sea (Carnival clearly hogs the good ones)

Overall Princess production shows are "Meh"--doesn't compare to NCL, RCCL or Celebrity Eclass shows (yep those have totally spoiled me)

We saw Born to be Wild last summer w/ a musician friend. He & I were stunned--he said, "Is this a high school production??"

The talent is solid; but I did feel like I was back in HS...

Edited by KKB