Portside BBQ Oasis

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Hi, I'd like to try Portside BBQ on Oasis on our May cruise. I can't see any reservations on the planner- do we need to book when on board, or is it just a walk in and wait for a table situation?

Thank you 🙂

We ate there twice on our last cruise. The food was great. Relatively quick. There are tables  outside to enjoy if the weather is favorable. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The portions are big. If you think you can handle the three meat dish, don't. Order the two instead.

I was thinking we'd order the 3 meat dish between my husband and I! And then a kiddos meal for my son.

Thanks all- it looks great and is the only upcharge place we really want to try, so glad to hear you can just walk in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The portions are big. If you think you can handle the three meat dish, don't. Order the two instead.

Agreed! On our first visit I ordered the 3 and my wife ordered the 2, neither of us finished. 

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It was walk in and when we went in March of 2023 it wasn’t busy that you had to wait to sit down. 

We went while the live entertainment was going on in the afternoon.  Every seat was taken, not by those eating but by those listening and singing.

We ordered the 2 meat dish and my wife and I shared it and had plenty left over.

7 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

I was thinking we'd order the 3 meat dish between my husband and I! And then a kiddos meal for my son.

Thanks all- it looks great and is the only upcharge place we really want to try, so glad to hear you can just walk in.

If you decide to try a second place Playmakers has awesome burgers and onion rings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

We went while the live entertainment was going on in the afternoon.  Every seat was taken, not by those eating but by those listening and singing.

We ordered the 2 meat dish and my wife and I shared it and had plenty left over.

I didn’t know that they did live entertainment.  What type of music did they play?

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I didn’t know that they did live entertainment.  What type of music did they play?

In August, there was a guy playing piano and singing, country mostly but some other popular songs. He is tucked away in the corner. 

Too bad the prices went up 50% since then.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

He was great! I was surprised to have live entertainment. I thought it was a nice touch and the outside seating is an option for those who might not want music. 

The problem is that at this time of year it could be too cold to sit outside.  It just seems to me that Portside Barbecue is a dining venue and the limited indoor seating area should be for those who are actually eating.  If there are empty seats... no problem but we had to stand around until the performer finished and people left.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The problem is that at this time of year it could be too cold to sit outside.  It just seems to me that Portside Barbecue is a dining venue and the limited indoor seating area should be for those who are actually eating.  If there are empty seats... no problem but we had to stand around until the performer finished and people left.

Time of day could also be a factor. On both of our visits there was plenty of seating indoors and outside.

• 2 months later...

Is there anywhere to find the hours Portside is open? I saw the RCI page mention lunch & dinner "until they run out". Is running out of items a possibility if we plan to go there for dinner?

On 11/14/2023 at 5:48 AM, SquishTheWhale said:

We'll be with my 4yr old so will have to gauge how loud the live music is, but that sounds fun! He'd enjoy it if it's not loud and rowdy

We enjoyed the food very much. The cowboy wasn't singing the entire time, I think he showed up about half way through our late lunch. We got way too much food, but it was all super delish, but I hate wasting food, so I stuffed myself until we ate everything (3 of us, but our preteen eats very little despite being a very big boy).

We got a 3 meat meal, and a 1 meat meal with smoked wings (I wanted the smoked wings).

image.thumb.jpeg.ba3304e84d9b5ff81113efbff14a6497.jpeg

here is my brief review of our bbq lunch: and the post after this one has the menu as of April 2023.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We enjoyed the food very much. The cowboy wasn't singing the entire time, I think he showed up about half way through our late lunch. We got way too much food, but it was all super delish, but I hate wasting food, so I stuffed myself until we ate everything (3 of us, but our preteen eats very little despite being a very big boy).

We got a 3 meat meal, and a 1 meat meal with smoked wings (I wanted the smoked wings).

image.thumb.jpeg.ba3304e84d9b5ff81113efbff14a6497.jpeg

here is my brief review of our bbq lunch: and the post after this one has the menu as of April 2023.

Awesome - thanks for the post! I'm kind of a BBQ snob. I hope it's good but I know it's hard to replicate the same style with the limitations of maintaining fire safety on a cruise ship 🙂

I'm not a fat lover but I do love burnt ends and if they are made properly, the fat will be rendered and won't have that jello like fat consistency.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

Awesome - thanks for the post! I'm kind of a BBQ snob. I hope it's good but I know it's hard to replicate the same style with the limitations of maintaining fire safety on a cruise ship

I would put it on par with a typical Dickey's restaurant.  It's not terrible but if you are a BBQ snob (I am too) it won't rock your world.