New to X

Ilovesailaway

Looking at booking a Caribbean or Bahamas cruise Feb or March. This would be a winter getaway for a couple of middle aged buddies.

I have sailed all the other mass market lines several times and I have been to all the usual Caribbean and Bahamas ports. This will be my first cruise with Celebrity. My cruise companion has sailed several lines including Celebrity but that was with his ex wife. He enjoys Celebrity, has no pref, and is letting me plan this trip.

My preferences would be quality casual food during the day, good bar service, a great gym, and a clean ship. For dinner I am flexible. I can take or leave production shows. I appreciate high quality live music.

Looking in the 4-7 night range. 

Here is where I need advice. I am considereing Silhouette, Summit, Ascent, Apex, and Reflection. Having no experience with X I don't know which of these ships might be better suited for a good workout in the morning, not too crowded sun deck for afternoon cocktails, and enough of a party in the evening so that we are not bored. Any advice on the ships I mentioned or any advice for a Celeb novice would be appreciated. 

First Welcome -

As far as workouts go I don't think you will be disappointed with any class of ships.   Much depends on what you like for exercise.    All ships have about a dozen treadmills and elliptical.    They also have free weights,  exercise machines, pelaton bikes,  Regular bikes, rowing machines etc.

As for Tracks for jogging or walking definitely one of the E-Class.    They have a long track that traverses two decks and provides a little cardio and also much more change on scenery.

If you let me know what you like in a gym will see if I can pull up a picture or two.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Looking at booking a Caribbean or Bahamas cruise Feb or March. This would be a winter getaway for a couple of middle aged buddies.

I have sailed all the other mass market lines several times and I have been to all the usual Caribbean and Bahamas ports. This will be my first cruise with Celebrity. My cruise companion has sailed several lines including Celebrity but that was with his ex wife. He enjoys Celebrity, has no pref, and is letting me plan this trip.

My preferences would be quality casual food during the day, good bar service, a great gym, and a clean ship. For dinner I am flexible. I can take or leave production shows. I appreciate high quality live music.

Here is where I need advice. I am considereing Silhouette, Summit, Ascent, Apex, and Reflection. Having no experience with X I don't know which of these ships might be better suited for a good workout in the morning, not too crowded sun deck for afternoon cocktails, and enough of a party in the evening so that we are not bored. Any advice on the ships I mentioned or any advice for a Celeb novice would be appreciated. 

Go Ascent or Apex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you let me know what you like in a gym will see if I can pull up a picture or two.

Ty for that offer. I am starting to look at vids of the ships now. I gravitate more to the free weights and use the stairs to ballance out some cardio when I cruise. 

I appreciate the recommendations from everyone so far... 

2 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Before you book an E class ship be sure to learn all about the IV rooms to make sure they will meet your needs and there will be no surprises

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

The walking/jigging/running track on the E class ship's are the best in Celebrity's fleet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I've been on the Summit 4 times. I like it. It's a good ship. The casual food is of good quality and the crew do a great job of keeping it clean.  I don't know about the rest of your desires.

Celebrity is a good cruise company.  You should be happy with them no matter which ship you eventually end up choosing.  Good luck and bon voyage!

I would also vote for Ascent/Apex due to them being the newest ships.  I will ask how important is a balcony to you as you may or may not like the IV cabin (assuming you’re all rooming together).  If a traditional balcony is important, book an SV cabin.

But if you guys don’t spend much time in the room and on a balcony, you’ll love these new ships

We really enjoyed our b/2/b Apex sailing.  The ship was wonderful.  We also love the Silhouette and will be sailing on her again in January.  The ship was redone so it is great.  You cannot go wrong with either ship.  We have sailed on the Summit also, but she lacks some of the features of the other two.  If you can swing it, try suite class.  The suite deck on the Apex and Silhouette, and the lounge are wonderful.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, Ilovesailaway said:

Might want to look at one of HAL's pinnacle class ships also. IMHO they have Celebrity beat for food and live music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, Ilovesailaway said:

, and enough of a party in the evening so that we are not bored. Any advice on the ships I mentioned or any advice for a Celeb novice would be appreciated. 

What do you mean by party?  

It depends on the sailing however Celebrity has never impressed me as a "party" cruise line.

• Like 1

I'll throw in a recommendation for Summit. Depends partly on what size ships you like from previous sailings. Summit was recently "revolutionized" not too many years ago, so is in great shape. Good food and service also. We enjoy cruising on her for Canada / NE trips out of Bayonne. If you're looking for what the larger ships typically offer - lots of restaurant choices, etc. - then you'd probably like one of the newer, larger ships. A friend of mine who cruises frequently with X loves the Beyond and the Edge.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1