On hold for 2.5 hours now

mlainfl

Yikes... Makes me happy that I'm a Zenith.   I called yesterday to the Zenith Desk and was answered on the first ring. 

Instead of calling in to upgrade packages - you might consider doing it yourself.   Really painless.   Just Click a couple buttons.      I repriced 2-3 excursions yesterday. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yikes... Makes me happy that I'm a Zenith.   I called yesterday to the Zenith Desk and was answered on the first ring. 

Instead of calling in to upgrade packages - you might consider doing it yourself.   Really painless.   Just Click a couple buttons.      I repriced 2-3 excursions yesterday. 

So do I cancel the drink upgrade pkg I have already purchased and then rebook at the sale price?

51 minutes ago, wizfourfam said:

So do I cancel the drink upgrade pkg I have already purchased and then rebook at the sale price?

Yes, that is what I did from the website.  The refund for the first upgrade was back in my bank account a few days later.

5 hours ago, wizfourfam said:

Yes that is exactly how you do it.   If you purchased with OBC it goes back immediately.   If you charged it to a Credit card it will take 7-10 day to get back to your card.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately, I'm only Elite Plus, so I don't have that luxury.

I might totally be making this up, but does Celebrity have the call back option where they call you back versus staying on hold, like many other companies have? I think I've used that with Celebrity as recent as last weekend when the wait was going to be long.  But again, I was taking care of a lot of stuff last week and might be confusing it with a different company. I don't mind the wait if I get called back. A call back is more challenging when I'm at work, but is ok for me during the weekends or evening when I'm not working. 

Do you all use that feature so you are not waiting on hold? 

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The only Call Back number I've ever seen was for the Middle East.   They use to have on on the U.S. site but when I used it never received a call back.

https://www.celebritycruises.ae/en/request-a-call-back

Ok. Thankfully I wasn't confusing it, hahaha. I'm calling from the US for the US number. So, I just tested it out using 888-303-6067. When I call that number and choose the option to speak with someone about a current booking that I booked directly with Celebrity, I was told the wait is 45-60 minutes and offered the option of an automatic call back. Woohoo. They call back using my 10 digit number that I called them from for the call. I've been busy taking care of a lot of stuff lately. So I thought I might have been confused. But no, I just checked and it's an option for me. Hopefully it's an option for some other people as we'll. 

• Like 1

1-888-859-7692. I book direct with Celebrity so select option 2, then 1.  A call back option is offered.  I used it twice yesterday and was called back in the estimated time frame I was given.  I also just checked 2 minutes ago and the call back option is still offered.  Hope this might help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlainfl said:

Why not?

You can't stack Captain's Club discount with Black Friday discounts ... so if the website pricing is cheaper, just cancel the existing order online and book the black friday discount. Website is easy peasy, and I'm "just" Elite.

Another option is to use a professional Travel Advisor who can make the changes. Or call for you. And all the other things we end up doing that they can. 

I always wonder about the posts where people say “I like to book myself so I can control it and take care of things as soon as I need to instead of a TA’…and then these emails about how long it really takes. 

Booked directly; booked via 800; booked on line. Found a local TA who undercuts many of these; covers me in many areas; has a person who helps with insurance claims, etc. A professional Travel Agent/Advisor, not a Booking Agent.

Den

Edited by Denny01

47 minutes ago, CruiseMrB said:

Obligatory comment about being another reason to use travel agents. 😁

Agree but many Travel Agents do not work on weekends.   For me I usually can wait and sometimes I email and he even answers while not working.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlainfl said:

I'm lowly Select...and did exactly this. Had nothing to do w/ your status. Even newbies can do it!

Cancelled excursions already booked...OBC came back immediately.

Rebooked new ones.

Did same w/ drink package upgrade a few weeks ago!

5 minutes ago, KKB said:

I'm lowly Select...and did exactly this. Had nothing to do w/ your status. Even newbies can do it!

Cancelled excursions already booked...OBC came back immediately.

Rebooked new ones.

Did same w/ drink package upgrade a few weeks ago!

It is very easy…

• Like 1

Good morn 🙂

I made a direct reservation with Celebrity online which includes cruise and air.  I have been trying to reach someone regarding questions with AMEX cruise perks and making a final payment.  I need to speak with someone. Is there a special number for Suite guests?  I am very frustrated.

Pam 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

Good morn 🙂

I made a direct reservation with Celebrity online which includes cruise and air.  I have been trying to reach someone regarding questions with AMEX cruise perks and making a final payment.  I need to speak with someone. Is there a special number for Suite guests?  I am very frustrated.

Pam 

My understanding is that you must book via AmEx (or a TA that can do that) to get the AmEx cruise perks.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I did that on  a Sunday night and guess what happened?  My OBC disappeared and the price of the cruise went up $3500.  All discounts were removed..  I was told it was a computer glitch on their end.  I called on the following  Monday and someone picked up immediately.  It took almost 2 hours on the phone to restore the reservation.  The OBC issue was resolved yesterday after nearly 2 weeks.  Frustrating experience...

There has been no way to leave a call back number.  Each time it says "Your phone call will be answered in 4 minutes".    Once you get that recording, it is usually 60-90 minutes.  Sad...  

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

I did that on  a Sunday night and guess what happened?  My OBC disappeared and the price of the cruise went up $3500.  All discounts were removed..  I was told it was a computer glitch on their end.  I called on the following  Monday and someone picked up immediately.  It took almost 2 hours on the phone to restore the reservation.  The OBC issue was resolved yesterday after nearly 2 weeks.  Frustrating experience...

There has been no way to leave a call back number.  Each time it says "Your phone call will be answered in 4 minutes".    Once you get that recording, it is usually 60-90 minutes.  Sad...  

Someone posted above the phone number to call and the prompts to press to get a call back.    I've never tried it.