Anyone in a Sky Suite thinking to go down a level?

zitsky

On 12/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, goofysmom99 said:

I priced a range cabins at base fare for two on the 2024 Silhouette 13-night TA out of Barcelona:  

Veranda  $1610

Concierge  $1908

Aqua  $4533

S1  $11007

That's a whopping ↑$2923 difference between a veranda (V2) and aqua (A2), especially since the cabins are the same size!  You gotta really like Blu for close to $3K.  From my own experience, the larger S1 cabin, the Retreat, and Luminae aren't worth ↑$9397.  Heck for the V2 price, booking two adjoining cabins (2-room suite with 2 bathrooms and double balcony) and dining every night in a specialty (Murano, Tuscan, Lawn Club, The Porch, Sushi on 5, Le Petit Chef) would still leave plenty on the table for airfare.  BTW, those fares would be $200 less for vets.  So yes, if I were still traveling with DH, we'd downgrade from a suite to two adjoining verandas.  Doesn't work on E-class, and not as well on M-class, but it'd definitely be my sweet 'suite' spot on S-class.

smart..take the Veranda cabin..enjoy the real balcony  and extra nights dining at Lawn Club..etc

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Don't. It's actually not a joke. When he cleans Sky Suites, he's called a "Retreat Host". When he cleans regular cabins, he's a stateroom attendant. Same person, same job function, just a different title to make the Sky Suite guests forget they no longer have a dedicated butler.

Ours is really a wonderful man from India that loves to joke and laugh, but if you say so I will not say a word, Rich!  He is getting a very nice tip for several reasons, but his attitude and love of family is so apparent.  He told us he has been that way since he was little.  I just think it is rediculous that he has to work so hard.  My DH was on the veranda when he was making the bed; my DH said he was faster than lightening...I do not care what Celebrity calls anyone, but I do care that they are treated well by us because that is something I can control!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, DaKahuna said:

Downgrading is not an option at the present time.  My DW had me promise a few years ago that when we sailed Celebrity she would be eating in Luminae (have the same promise for Oasis/Quantum Class and Coastal Kitchen).  My plan is  - Use the Millennium cruise to see if I can convince her to go back to Aqua or Concierge.  Otherwise, I believe our days on Celebrity are over for the immediate future. Who knows, I may win the PowerBall / Mega Millions and change my mind. 

As I mentioned previously, some good deals on suites (above JS) with CK dining and Suite Lounge on RCCL ships.  We have booked for less than a Sky Suite on Celebrity.  Even a better deal if you have Diamond or above benefits.  So goodbye Celebrity for at least the time being.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, goofysmom99 said:

I priced a range cabins at base fare for two on the 2024 Silhouette 13-night TA out of Barcelona:  

Veranda  $1610

Concierge  $1908

Aqua  $4533

S1  $11007

That's a whopping ↑$2923 difference between a veranda (V2) and aqua (A2), especially since the cabins are the same size!  You gotta really like Blu for close to $3K.  From my own experience, the larger S1 cabin, the Retreat, and Luminae aren't worth ↑$9397.  Heck for the V2 price, booking two adjoining cabins (2-room suite with 2 bathrooms and double balcony) and dining every night in a specialty (Murano, Tuscan, Lawn Club, The Porch, Sushi on 5, Le Petit Chef) would still leave plenty on the table for airfare.  BTW, those fares would be $200 less for vets.  So yes, if I were still traveling with DH, we'd downgrade from a suite to two adjoining verandas.  Doesn't work on E-class, and not as well on M-class, but it'd definitely be my sweet 'suite' spot on S-class.

The differences are astonishing.   X knows that on a 13-night TA voyage (with how many sea days?) people will pay a serious premium to get away from the crowds on the ship whether through an exclusive restaurant or retreat lounge and deck.  They're not stupid.

1 minute ago, Winemaker_1 said:

The differences are astonishing.   X knows that on a 13-night TA voyage (with how many sea days?) people will pay a serious premium to get away from the crowds on the ship whether through an exclusive restaurant or retreat lounge and deck.  They're not stupid.

Never noticed the crowds on TA 

except at triva 😁

52 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

As I mentioned previously, some good deals on suites (above JS) with CK dining and Suite Lounge on RCCL ships.  We have booked for less than a Sky Suite on Celebrity.  Even a better deal if you have Diamond or above benefits.  So goodbye Celebrity for at least the time being.  

Good bye have fun on RCL 😁

it a different crowd on RCL that for sure than you have deal with the pinnacles 🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Good bye have fun on RCL 😁

it a different crowd on RCL that for sure than you have deal with the pinnacles 🙄

We have sailed RCCL many times and enjoy the experience.  We go back and forth depending on the deal and itinerary.  

• Like 2

When we were on Ascent for the two short cruises last month we booked another cruise on Apex (Sky Suite) for 2/25.  We are already doing the ABC(magic carpet suite) on Beyond this July with tips, OBC because we booked it in April of last year. 

By far my favorite thing on the Edge class is the retreat pool (we started our Celebrity journey on Equinox--nice ship but just a retreat deck, no pool).  We spent every morning into early afternoon at that area last month.  We live in Ohio and do NOT have a pool at home so we really enjoy it.  I'm spoiled now.   I know some people don't care but that is a priority for us.

Our stateroom host/butler/whatever on Ascent was a gem and so friendly.  We do not ask for a lot (never finished the afternoon snacks we had on Beyond last April), just ice 2x a day.  We got our pillow request and she stopped in on day one and explained the remote and asked us when we would like our champagne iced.  

If I had to downgrade, I would check retreat on the S class ships first (we'd just have to get to the pool earlier) or a room with a real balcony on the edge class.  We'll see what happens after our Apex cruise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RMac713 said:

When we were on Ascent for the two short cruises last month we booked another cruise on Apex (Sky Suite) for 2/25.  We are already doing the ABC(magic carpet suite) on Beyond this July with tips, OBC because we booked it in April of last year. 

By far my favorite thing on the Edge class is the retreat pool (we started our Celebrity journey on Equinox--nice ship but just a retreat deck, no pool).  We spent every morning into early afternoon at that area last month.  We live in Ohio and do NOT have a pool at home so we really enjoy it.  I'm spoiled now.   I know some people don't care but that is a priority for us.

Our stateroom host/butler/whatever on Ascent was a gem and so friendly.  We do not ask for a lot (never finished the afternoon snacks we had on Beyond last April), just ice 2x a day.  We got our pillow request and she stopped in on day one and explained the remote and asked us when we would like our champagne iced.  

If I had to downgrade, I would check retreat on the S class ships first (we'd just have to get to the pool earlier) or a room with a real balcony on the edge class.  We'll see what happens after our Apex cruise.

Was the pool crowded? How about the lounge and Luminae? I’ve read that those s

sailings were not at capacity. I love being by the pool but the retreat pool is quite small for a crowd 

The pool itself would start getting crowded around noon but taper off a couple of hours later.   I usually would go up early and get a spot for us (I don't leave my stuff, but I did take a couple of little naps) then my husband would hit the lounge and bring me up a couple of chocolate croissants.  We would stay until about 2 on sea days. 

Luminae only seemed crowded one night when they put us in a completely different section and all of our servers, sommelier, bread person, etc were different.  We didn't spend too much time in the lounge.

I just had a talk with our “Retreat Host.”  He can do just about everything, but will refer or do it for you with the Head Butler/Retreatt Concierge, or whatever you choose to ask for…predominately over what name Celebrity has chosen.  Your wish is his/their command.  Actually, this concept works quite well on this ship at this particular time/cruise.  My DH and I are very pleased except for the exact lunch where Halibut is served; someone knows, but I have been unable to get two people/crew/waiters etc to agree…however, this too will be conquered‼️

Just find out how the system works best on your particular ship and enjoy it your way…

~I did request for the repetitive posts to be deleted, so just know that!  Everything we have asked for except the lounger(I could ask again, but do not feel the need)along with not knowing the exact lunch day Luminae is serving Halibut, has been done well, with a smile and sometimes a wink!  Yes, I said “ wink.”

Edited by Lastdance

6 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I just had a talk with our “Retreat Host.”  He can do just about everything, but will refer or do it for you with the Head Butler/Retreatt Concierge, or whatever you choose to ask for…predominately over what name Celebrity has chosen.  Your will is their command.  Actually, this concept works quite well on this ship at this particular time/cruise.  My DH and I are very pleased except for the exact lunch where Halibut is served; someone knows, but I have been unable to get two people/crew/waiters etc to agree…however, this too will be conquered‼️

Just find out how the system works best on your particular ship and enjoy it your way…

Thanks for this information and glad it's working well for you. We'll be on Connie Sunday and I will try to report our experience. What ship are you on? 

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

On the Oasis and Quantum class we have most recently sailed in Grand Suites and agree that the cost is less.  However, we like the more intimate feel of Celebrity ships over the 'playgrounds' that Royal has become.  We sailed in February of this year on Harmony of the Seas and enjoyed it. 

Will we go back to Royal? Possibly, we are now more focused on itinerary more so that cruiseline or specific ship.  

45 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

~I did request for the repetitive posts to be deleted, so just know that!  Everything we have asked for except the lounger(I could ask again, but do not feel the need)along with not knowing the exact lunch day Luminae is serving Halibut, has been done well, with a smile and sometimes a wink!  Yes, I said “ wink.”

A suggestion if I may - there are two ways you should be able to find out what day halibut is being served for lunch in Luminae -- (1) ask the Luminae Maitre'd and (2) check the Celebrity App.