Christmas decorations on NCL ships

Treacher1

The decorating usually begins shortly after midnight Thanksgiving evening.

Hopefully by the 15th of December all of the elaborate Gingerbread Village Displays should up.  Very interesting to watch how the individual displays come together.  Lots of planning, preparing all the pieces and gallons of white frosting for glue and snow.

ENJOY

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

The decorating usually begins shortly after midnight Thanksgiving evening.

Hopefully by the 15th of December all of the elaborate Gingerbread Village Displays should up.  Very interesting to watch how the individual displays come together.  Lots of planning, preparing all the pieces and gallons of white frosting for glue and snow.

ENJOY

I hope they are putting it together during my TA starting next week in the Gem.

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

They usually don’t decorate until the week after Thanksgiving. So, that would be next week. 

The last two Thanksgiving cruises I have done both on the Getaway, the beginnings of Christmas decorations were up by the time I went to coffee at 6:00 A.M. Friday morning (day after Thanksgiving).  May depend on the desires of the General Manager.

• Like 1

I'm honestly trying to comprehend cruising during the holidays. I can't possibly imagine a worse scenario for a large family get together. What a cluster that must be. 😎  We'll travel off-season, thank you.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I'm honestly trying to comprehend cruising during the holidays. I can't possibly imagine a worse scenario for a large family get together. What a cluster that must be. 😎  We'll travel off-season, thank you.

My opinion is that any planned large family get together on a cruise ship would wind up a cluster regardless of season.  Subtract the cruise, and there is still a high probability that a large planned family get together will wind up a cluster.  How many threads do we read where Mom and Dad try to arrange for adult kids to join them and it winds up a cluster (even with Mom and Dad paying the bills)?  We have a very entertaining one going on right now. 🤣

That said, I am looking forward to being on the ship in the next several weeks with (hopefully) some Christmas decorations and other such fun.🎄🎄

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IAcruising said:

Not everyone has large family get togethers for the holidays. 

3 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

No, of course not. But I prefer not to be where those might happen to be.

But think of the entertainment value of watching other families. I love watching it come apart at the seams especially when alcohol is involved. I prefer to cruise while kids are in school though for now. If it weren’t for avoiding sugar overloaded children a Christmas cruise away from family drama sounds fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

But think of the entertainment value of watching other families. I love watching it come apart at the seams especially when alcohol is involved.

Ok. There is nothing I can say that will top that. 😆

• Haha 1

We were on a mid- December cruise about ten years ago and the ship was decorated beautifully. 

We really enjoyed an atrium event one evening watching  children listening to a Christmas story being read.  Then they served everyone warm cookies and milk😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bssc said:

On the Bliss now and have not seen any decorations yet, not even a piece of gingerbread.

I have it from a good source that they're waiting for the 10-year-olds to decorate it.

• Haha 4

We were on the Bliss 2 years ago, mid Dec. for a 7 day MR cruise. When we embarked on Dec 12, holiday decorations were not yet in place, by the next morning the ship had been transformed into a wonderful Christmas village! Trees, poinsettias and other decor in all public venues, Polar Express village on deck 6, etc. It was so fun, and beautifully done. Everywhere. 

• Like 1