Jump to content

Dress code in Carnival MDR?


 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Kristelle said:

 

Regardless of most, my point was we never know anyone's personal story so best to give benifit of doubt. Like you said, anything is possible

 

Like Miccanberra above who had lost hair from chemo.

The presumption is that I would also give a benefit of doubt. But that only holds until you can see that clearly isn't the case, much like those people with bunions that need to wear thongs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2023 at 1:23 AM, Kristelle said:

Well, sure, 

Benifit of doubt unless you know otherwise. 

Well said - and in all cases. I had a foot injury on a cruise and couldn't get my nice sandals on my foot, so I had no option but to wear the only thing I had with me that I could get on - my rubber Havianas - including on formal night and in the MDR. I wore long trousers so they weren't so obvious but all the same, they were plain old (palm tree pictured) rubber jandals!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few years ago on a Princess cruise overseas I made a guts of myself with daily double prawn cocktails and several lobster tails in the days when they were available daily. Yes the gout got me, feet swelled up real bad until the progout tabs kicked in. So it  was thongs for me as I hobbled in to the dining room. No one said boo, I was clearly in great pain.
 

These days I take an Alluprinol tab daily re uric acid. No flare ups since but I go easy on the shell fish.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bazzaw said:

Dress code on Australian based ships in Australian waters is - casual to the point of indifference. Shoes are required on Formal nights. 

Define shoes, thongs and sliders were ok on P&O for formal nights.  Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 12:47 PM, mum and son said:

I never take heels with me on a cruise. I wear flat shoes, even on dress up nights. They're not thongs though!

I wear dance pumps, which have a medium heel. Very comfortable, stylish and I'm rock steady.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2023 at 9:27 AM, Gwendy said:

On Melbourne Cup cruise on Encounter there were a number of people who thought they were at home and had bare feet in buffet, in bars on decks etc

Lucky they didn't lose the shirt from their back. 😉

On Pacific Explorer a few years back for a cruise down to state of origin RL in Melbourne. Lots of awesome characters, and footy jumpers in the MDR was hard to get used to. One guy was spotted wearing the same set of clothes for the whole 4 night cruise, and he certainly wasn't dressed by his mum.

 

Different crowd, but an awesome event to watch a rare NSW victory.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now you are talking, I had one many years ago, Geoff Arxcards still has his, lol.sahara-sky-blue-safari-suit-1.thumb.jpg.252d837df1e5f5c418fdc7d081f53dab.jpg

Will have to check whether it still fits. I never had one back in the halcyon days, but it is amazing what you can find on eBay. If the suit fits, I can't think of a better place than Carnival Splendor MDR to bring it back to life. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

We used to call 🩴 japanese safety boots, lol.

Hahaha 🤣, we call them Samoan safety boots, LOL. Still occasionally see motor bike/scooter riders wearing them 😪

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

 One guy was spotted wearing the same set of clothes for the whole 4 night cruise

🤣 But you never know, he may have had his luggage go missing and had to wear the clothes he boarded in 🤔 One of our group's bags didn't arrive outside our door. I asked my daughter, did it have alcohol or anything in it, she said no, it was her 12 year old son's (coincidentally the same boy that had a couple of Gentleman Jack's appear on his folio account - in error, in case anyone's moral compass goes haywire!)  She found it on her way to Guest Services, outside a door a bit further along our corridor. So I can see how easily it can happen, ie to that poor lady recently whose bag went missing and she was all over the news 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jean C said:

🤣 But you never know, he may have had his luggage go missing and had to wear the clothes he boarded in 🤔 One of our group's bags didn't arrive outside our door. I asked my daughter, did it have alcohol or anything in it, she said no, it was her 12 year old son's (coincidentally the same boy that had a couple of Gentleman Jack's appear on his folio account - in error, in case anyone's moral compass goes haywire!)  She found it on her way to Guest Services, outside a door a bit further along our corridor. So I can see how easily it can happen, ie to that poor lady recently whose bag went missing and she was all over the news 🙂

Have had bags not delivered on a few cruises, always go for a walk on my side of ship and opposite side, have always found them outside someone else’s door.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Hardest thing is remembering what you bag looks like, it is a good thing they have the tags on them.

Years ago I bought a bright orange bag, best idea ever.  On a land trip in India our driver asked us to check when we left our hotel to make sure our bag was in the luggage trailer before we left.  All those people checking which black bag was theirs, me a glance in, yep there’s the orange Jaffa.  It was also great on luggage carousels at airports.  Sadly lots of coloured bags now and mine has worn itself out and gone to the big carousel at the dump.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Have had bags not delivered on a few cruises, always go for a walk on my side of ship and opposite side, have always found them outside someone else’s door.

Yep, we started to panic about our bags on Symphony. Given the size of the ship, we thought 'will they ever find them?!!'. Went to dinner and on the way back found them outside a random cabin door about the length of a quarter of the ship away! Relieved to find them, but how did the staff get it so wrong?! We had a forward facing cabin at the very front of the ship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yep, we started to panic about our bags on Symphony. Given the size of the ship, we thought 'will they ever find them?!!'. Went to dinner and on the way back found them outside a random cabin door about the length of a quarter of the ship away! Relieved to find them, but how did the staff get it so wrong?! We had a forward facing cabin at the very front of the ship.

Too far to walk?

Dyscalculia isn't uncommon, and something I have to correct errors for every other day because of jumbled numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jean C said:

🤣 But you never know, he may have had his luggage go missing and had to wear the clothes he boarded in 🤔 One of our group's bags didn't arrive outside our door. I asked my daughter, did it have alcohol or anything in it, she said no, it was her 12 year old son's (coincidentally the same boy that had a couple of Gentleman Jack's appear on his folio account - in error, in case anyone's moral compass goes haywire!)  She found it on her way to Guest Services, outside a door a bit further along our corridor. So I can see how easily it can happen, ie to that poor lady recently whose bag went missing and she was all over the news 🙂

But, I do know.

He boarded with a spare pair of undies, a comb, a toothbrush and a mobile phone charger. His mates were giving him heaps.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Too far to walk?

Dyscalculia isn't uncommon, and something I have to correct errors for every other day because of jumbled numbers.

Possibly🙂, it was a bit of a hike. We did just about need a cut lunch to get to the MDR for lunch.😂 Great for walking off all the food and cocktails, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

But, I do know.

He boarded with a spare pair of undies, a comb, a toothbrush and a mobile phone charger. His mates were giving him heaps.

There you go. What more did he need?😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gwendy said:

Years ago I bought a bright orange bag, best idea ever.  On a land trip in India our driver asked us to check when we left our hotel to make sure our bag was in the luggage trailer before we left.  All those people checking which black bag was theirs, me a glance in, yep there’s the orange Jaffa.  It was also great on luggage carousels at airports.  Sadly lots of coloured bags now and mine has worn itself out and gone to the big carousel at the dump.

You've reminded me about an orange soft-sided suitcase we had a few years ago. Went to meet his maker a while ago but he was great for visibility. Not as helpful but still a godsend on the carousel are the coloured ribbons - I have two different colours on my suitcase and honestly it's the only thing which tells me which is mine. I did have a bright orange lock on my navy case but that's also gone now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...