Dress code in Carnival MDR?

Hi lovely cruise mentors, 

We are off on a cruise on Carnival Splendor on Thurs. Dress code policy says no shorts. My experience on Princess has been shorts are fine in MDR on non-formal nights. Is this the same for Carnival? The men in our group are all planning on long pants for formal night, just planning on jean shorts/dress shorts the other nights. 

Thanks.

Sara

The dress code only applies to dinner, but Carnival is as loose as it gets - more so in Australia than the US.

There is currently a debate about a large group planning on wearing their PJs to breakfast on Christmas day. Apparently, there is nothing in the mdr dress code to prevent that at breakfast or lunch.

Go with the flow and have a plan B if they say no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bellies5 said:

Thank you. I have seen the dress code - it seems to preclude shorts, but I would like to think it is ok for the casual nights.

Shorts is fine in the MDR on casual nights and I’ve people wear thongs too

• Thanks 1

On my one and only Carnival cruise there was no shortage of muffin tops.

Men were wearing board shorts, sleeveless t-shirts and thongs.

From our table, at the back-of-the- room-dingey-corner, in the MDR I could not see enough diners to determine if they made it in.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

On my one and only Carnival cruise there was no shortage of muffin tops.

Men were wearing board shorts, sleeveless t-shirts and thongs.

From our table, at the back-of-the- room-dingey-corner, in the MDR I could not see enough diners to determine if they made it in.

Come  on guys dress well., do not be a Bogan.  2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg04b75f7999fa3eab0fb9c0a61e8ddfd7.thumb.jpg.95f3f7b1057be2c3a4c1607dc844c6f4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Carnival? What have you been taking Uncle Les??? When I was on a Carnival cruise, it was certainly underwhelming. 😂 And sorry if I sound a snob but plenty of bogans!

Yeah, my turn next. 🤣

I mean, we are not setting out to be bogans, but we are not setting out to call any out either. I really don't care that they don't own a collar, but trust they are good souls behind their facades. After all, if they are cruising the can't be all bad.

• Like 2

So I can't help myself. My personal opinion on this topic is just bubbling to the surface 😆.

Ok, shorts are fine, but thongs? No, just no. Of course I realise that I shouldn't be bothered by what others are wearing but I am! I can't help it. I don't want to see any feet while I'm eating. Especially feet that have spent the last 10 years in thongs. If you're comfortable wearing rubber thongs into a nice dining room then you're a pretty experienced thong wearer. I don't want to think about your feet, or where they've been while I'm enjoying a meal in any decent restaurant.

I'm glad that's out of my system. I can rest now 🤣.

By the way, I do realise the OP didn't even mention thongs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mum and son said:

So I can't help myself. My personal opinion on this topic is just bubbling to the surface 😆.

Ok, shorts are fine, but thongs? No, just no. Of course I realise that I shouldn't be bothered by what others are wearing but I am! I can't help it. I don't want to see any feet while I'm eating. Especially feet that have spent the last 10 years in thongs. If you're comfortable wearing rubber thongs into a nice dining room then you're a pretty experienced thong wearer. I don't want to think about your feet, or where they've been while I'm enjoying a meal in any decent restaurant.

I'm glad that's out of my system. I can rest now 🤣.

By the way, I do realise the OP didn't even mention thongs.

Open toed sandles are OK per the dress code.

Crocs are debatable, but crocs n socks wearers should be required to walk the plank.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Open toed sandles are OK per the dress code.

Crocs are debatable, but crocs n socks wearers should be required to walk the plank.

Besides the ugly feet I think it's the scuffing sound of "thonging" into a dining room that adds to my pain. Walk properly, pick your feet up... please! And when the thongs are completely worn down on the inside because of the wearer's sloppy walking style, oh please. Crocs are horrific, but at least I don't have to see a bunch of manky toes 🤢.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mum and son said:

Besides the ugly feet I think it's the scuffing sound of "thonging" into a dining room that adds to my pain. Walk properly, pick your feet up... please! And when the thongs are completely worn down on the inside because of the wearer's sloppy walking style, oh please. Crocs are horrific, but at least I don't have to see a bunch of manky toes 🤢.

High tide heels should be OK then?

hightide.thumb.jpg.1c444064159287e69ace601d045a3028.jpg

• Haha 1

I realise this isnt super serious - but always seems odd objection to me - women wearing stilettos with fancy dresses is ok but thongs are not - but you see the feet and toes of both.

and anyway you don't see the feet while you are eating - feet are under the table.

I live in rubber thongs in summer but  I wouldnt wear them into a nice dining area - but  I would wear something like this, which from a 'seeing feet' issue is the same

Edited by Kristelle
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The POMS wear socks with them, horrible. I have some leather JC sandals but not worn them for a while. Fully air conditioned.

I wear socks with mine - when cycling in winter.🚲❄️

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The POMS wear socks with them, horrible. I have some leather JC sandals but not worn them for a while. Fully air conditioned.

It was the thought of the saDDles on men that tickled my fancy! You may be brave enough to post a pic of that one and not get kicked off here. I found a beauty but I dare not post it here. 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

It was the thought of the saDDles on men that tickled my fancy! You may be brave enough to post a pic of that one and not get kicked off here. I found a beauty but I dare not post it here. 😂

Does it include a whip?😄

• Haha 1