Infinite Verandah Gaurentee

Cbns

We booked an Infinite Balcony Guarantee.  We didn’t care where in the ship we landed and understand all the pros and cons of making guarantee bookings. However our cabin assignment for the Jan 21 Ascent sailing has left a sour taste. We were almost immediately assigned what they term a deluxe Porthole View with Verandah. This is a traditional Verandah with a pothole opening around the exterior balcony frame. Now some miss the regular balcony feel on these new ships but we really expected an infinite balcony.  I am an Elite status cruiser so this is definitely not an in category upgrade. Do you think we are unreasonable in thinking this was a bit of a bait and switch on the part of Celebrity and are there any suggestions as to how tohandle the situation. Thanks all!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cbns said:

We booked an Infinite Balcony Guarantee.  We didn’t care where in the ship we landed and understand all the pros and cons of making guarantee bookings. However our cabin assignment for the Jan 21 Ascent sailing has left a sour taste. We were almost immediately assigned what they term a deluxe Porthole View with Verandah. This is a traditional Verandah with a pothole opening around the exterior balcony frame. Now some miss the regular balcony feel on these new ships but we really expected an infinite balcony.  I am an Elite status cruiser so this is definitely not an in category upgrade. Do you think we are unreasonable in thinking this was a bit of a bait and switch on the part of Celebrity and are there any suggestions as to how tohandle the situation. Thanks all!

If your booking says IV Guarantee, call Celebrity & ask that it be remedied.

If you just booked a Balcony Guarantee, you might be out of luck, but you can still ask!

• Like 2

Exact same happened to me.  Assigned 6101.  I figured I took my chances on a guaranteed cabin.  Now 2 weeks before sailing and I have been switched to 12149.  Who knows, maybe I’ll have another change.

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

An IV guarantee would mean you get any IV or better. If the porthole veranda is a higher category, you might be assigned one. 

I believe that porthole verandahs are a lower category than IV.  I could be mistaken so perhaps others can chime in on this

9 hours ago, Cbns said:

Not sure how familiar you are with this cabin type but Greek Travelbunnies has just done an honest review of that cabin category and a second video filming from the verandah through the Suez Canal on You Tube. Might be worth looking at before requesting to change. https://youtu.be/ze4E7bRaAxM?si=6IvUUddvCR717n-o

good luck.

Thank you all for the helpful information. New to this new class of ships I had booked a guarantee balcony not an infinite balcony guarantee. I think Celebrity could have made their marketing a bit clearer as I had no idea there were a small number of balconies with regular doors and a porthole views on the ship. Lesson learned. I was able to upgrade to a concierge cabin for a great price so all got sorted in the end.  Very grateful for all who helped me solve the dilemma.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cbns said:

Thank you all for the helpful information. New to this new class of ships I had booked a guarantee balcony not an infinite balcony guarantee. I think Celebrity could have made their marketing a bit clearer as I had no idea there were a small number of balconies with regular doors and a porthole views on the ship. Lesson learned. I was able to upgrade to a concierge cabin for a great price so all got sorted in the end.  Very grateful for all who helped me solve the dilemma.  

glad it worked out..

Concierge is a much better choice..probably as to location and the perks! Have fun!

From want I have read the port hole veranda is 202 sq ft with a 40 sq ft veranda.  A IV is 243 sq ft with a 42 sq ft veranda.  

I don’t t know of the total sq ft of the IV includes the veranda.   If it does the size of the cabin is the same.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

From want I have read the port hole veranda is 202 sq ft with a 40 sq ft veranda.  A IV is 243 sq ft with a 42 sq ft veranda.  

I don’t t know of the total sq ft of the IV includes the veranda.   If it does the size of the cabin is the same.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Remember in an IV cabin there's no such thing as a veranda, it's just a part of the cabin. That's the whole point of an IV cabin in that when you don't use the room dividers the part that's called the veranda is just the end of your cabin making it much more spacious. 

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Remember in an IV cabin there's no such thing as a veranda, it's just a part of the cabin. That's the whole point of an IV cabin in that when you don't use the room dividers the part that's called the veranda is just the end of your cabin making it much more spacious. 

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

31 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What you say is true but if you read the description given on the Celebrity site it calls the space a veranda.  And that is what I was trying to point out.   The cabins are still the same size.    Smoke and mirrors 

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

These incredible staterooms take our standard veranda stateroom and, with the touch of a button, blur—even erase—the boundaries between inside and outside living space. This brilliant innovation gives you luxurious open air access to the sea, whenever you wish.

Total living space 243 sq. ft.

Veranda 42 sq. ft

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

6 minutes ago, miched said:

What you say is true but if you read the description given on the Celebrity site it calls the space a veranda.  

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

These incredible staterooms take our standard veranda stateroom and, with the touch of a button, blur—even erase—the boundaries between inside and outside living space. This brilliant innovation gives you luxurious open air access to the sea, whenever you wish.

Total living space 243 sq. ft.

Veranda 42 sq. ft

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So if you leave the room dividers open,which is what most people do otherwise you'll have no view your cabin is 243 sq ft. 

6 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’m not sure you understand that the IV does not have a verandah.  The flooring changes in one part of the room, that’s all.  It’s all interior space with a folding room divider

the porthole verandah staterooms consist of interior and exterior spaces separated by a sliding glass door.

Edited by cruisestitch

Actually the Porthole Verandah Staterooms have a true outside verandah.  The infinite veranda is a extension of the room with a window that can be locked by the captain.  The infinite veranda's seemed extremely narrow IMO.  I did not like the design.  Now Royal new ships have some infinite veranda's also.  Some people must like them.