HIL drink package

a.madruga

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Wit regards to amount of drinks, it is capped at 15 drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). 

Unless it's Elite in which case it's 15 alcoholic up to $15 and unlimited non alcoholic beverages.

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I get redirected to the Canadian site - but it is still showing unlimited for non-alcoholic for the Elite 🤔

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 3.03.58 PM.png

1 hour ago, bajae said:

That link for me still shows unlimited non-alcoholic.

Screenshot_20231129-132941.png

It’s really confusing.

I checked my booking on an upcoming cruise and it states a limit of 15 drinks a day (circled in the screen shot).

IMG_1255.thumb.jpeg.d6a83b358a5b24ec0808112194099643.jpeg

I am sure I have read on this board that the non alcoholic was unlimited but that’s certainly what’s not in writing if I were to book it.  It’s not a big deal to me, I have never hit the 15 but it would be nice if things were consistent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@kazu odd, if I look at the elite package on their website without logging in, I get the unlimited non-alcohol. But, like you, if I look at the package under my booking, it's says 15 drinks total. I do agree 15 drinks in total is plenty but having a limit means I need to keep track just in case. I wasn't planning on doing math on my cruise😥

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bajae said:

@kazu odd, if I look at the elite package on their website without logging in, I get the unlimited non-alcohol. But, like you, if I look at the package under my booking, it's says 15 drinks total. I do agree 15 drinks in total is plenty but having a limit means I need to keep track just in case. I wasn't planning on doing math on my cruise😥

Now I wish I could check my booking without jumping through hoops (website is a mess for me, doesn't connect, can't log in, yuck).  I believe we have HIA with Elite beverage package included.

I checked my booking and the Elite beverage package that was part of my early booking have it all package doesn't even show up. It does however have an option to purchase it. The wording is different than what we were told when we booked. Not that we have ever reached the 15 beverage limit, it does feel like a bait and switch to sell a package one way (15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited soft drinks) then switch to a 15 total drinks limit. We are still 473 days from embarkation so I'm sure the wogs in head office will change their minds at least a dozen times before then.

4 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

For my next cruise, if you look at the description of the Elite package, it's the 15 total language, but if you look at the FAQ, it says that for Elite, non-alcoholic drinks don't count to the 15.

Ah ha!  I think you have found the explanation @Rubyfisch!  It's listed differently in each place.  I took a screen shot of the FAQ where the Elite says non-alcoholic are unlimited.  If it ever becomes an issue on my next cruise (probably won't) I will have the written policy to present.

~Nancy

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Nope. Still unlimited non alcoholic drinks. This is from your link. Screenshot_20231129-213555.thumb.png.de131ca7280581724619b69ac32ee3d9.png

Yes! The Elite Beverage Package definitely includes unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. I just took this screenshot -

HAL Beverage Packages.jpg

Edited by Bill B

2 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

For my next cruise, if you look at the description of the Elite package, it's the 15 total language, but if you look at the FAQ, it says that for Elite, non-alcoholic drinks don't count to the 15.

That is correct. Also, 15 Alcoholic Beverages is a limit, not a goal.

That being said, you could have 15 check cocktails and lots and lots of water. You be fully loaded - like a baked potato - but still moist and hydrated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

That is correct. Also, 15 Alcoholic Beverages is a limit, not a goal.

That being said, you could have 15 check cocktails and lots and lots of water. You be fully loaded - like a baked potato - but still moist and hydrated.

I think my limit might be three ... Or even two many days. I typically get a non-alcoholic package when I cruise (regardless of line), but on our next Holland America cruise, we got an amazing deal on the upgrades packages (Elite drinks, premium WiFi, included gratuities), so went for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

Thanks.  that explains it.  They really need to correct their Elite package description on the booking page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

As non alcoholic drinks do not count towards the limit/target of 15 on the Elite package, can we get the larger alumimium cans (screw cap) of water, or are we still restricted to the pull tab cans?

If I am reading the terms and conditions right, the Elite package is still restricted to 300 ml. Or 400 ml of water (I found 2 different descriptions).

Elite package contains all that the Signature does with a higher price permitted on drinks so I think it is a no ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

If I am reading the terms and conditions right, the Elite package is still restricted to 300 ml. Or 400 ml of water (I found 2 different descriptions).

Elite package contains all that the Signature does with a higher price permitted on drinks so I think it is a no ?

That is what I thought too, but still live in hope!

46 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That is what I thought too, but still live in hope!

All you can do is ask on board.  He who doesn’t ask, doesn’t get (not that we will get it).

If you succeed, do post please.  All investigative work is appreciated 😊 

• Haha 1