Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Well having bad weather in a part of world that most folks never get to would be disappointing to me.

all that money and then some ports being missed.

wondering if timing of WC is. Or such a good idea

We are in middle of summer, this is the best time to attempt. Not for the faint of heart. I'm learning to dance to the movement 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Yes!  Definitely felt those violent shudders - loud too!  We’ve also slowed down a bit!  I think the ship will keep adjusting the course slightly to whatever’s most comfortable.  It’s still pretty wavy and rocky though!  Right now, we’re just hanging out watching!

Edited to add:  another big shudder!  Feels like we’re driving through a pot-hole!

No Mariner, but I'd think faster is better

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...will try it from another angle again somewhere.  

I can't wear the patches.  The med makes me dizzy and sick.  Have some for Bucky, but he has not taken it yet.  He requested the liquid, which works immediately when needed.  

We're you able to get scopolamine patches? Or are they something else?

Just now, CSHS1979 said:

Need to see if Jennifer or Daniel can play this. They are both pretty quick to learn new material. 

Laura, did you know that is one of the songs The Ohio State Marching Band plays 😉!  It was a student that suggested it to the band and wrote the arrangement that was performed at half time in 1965.  It became a crowd favorite and the step the band marches to it when they play the song is called the "sloopy step"  🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Exactly!  Pictures don’t do it justice!  We had lunch in the MDR on Deck 4 and had another show through the windows!  Fun hearing everyone going Oooh and Ahhh!  

Everyone still ooohing and ahhhing at dinner too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Yes!  Definitely felt those violent shudders - loud too!  We’ve also slowed down a bit!  I think the ship will keep adjusting the course slightly to whatever’s most comfortable.  It’s still pretty wavy and rocky though!  Right now, we’re just hanging out watching!

Edited to add:  another big shudder!  Feels like we’re driving through a pot-hole!

LOL...yes...really...really big pot-hole!  😄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

We're you able to get scopolamine patches? Or are they something else?

Yeah I suppose I could check it out...but I am really not into the drugs thing, since the first time I was on a cruise ship many years ago, and found out the Dramamine patches made me sick...I don't even try.  Guess I am not much into the meds things...more of a "natural" girl I guess.  

My apple/banana smoothie today...was just the thing for a butterfly tummy.  Perfect.  😉 

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Everyone still ooohing and ahhhing at dinner too.

We oohhed and ahhhed at the great service and food we had tonight.  Actually did not even notice the waves outside.  Back into the cabin now...pretty much the same wash machine look outside.  Oh well...will rock me to sleep in a bit.  😉 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is a report from someone that is onboard now:

Passenger log ocean-date 4530762024 Seranade of the 🌊 Seas. Barreling through Drakes Passage at 17 knots heading due south towards Elephant Island Antartica. Winds 42 Kts SW. While We are definitely feeling The affects of the wayward, unforgiving seas. Most of us were well prepared and expecting the ruckus movement. Some, however are simply not cut out to be on the open seas. This is apparently on display by the lessor amount of passengers being visible about. Presumably choosing to be confined in their state rooms undoubtedly riding out the movement of the vessel in the comfort of their beds. Luckily motion sickness is not something I’ve ever been afflicted with. Truth of it all I quite enjoy the movement. We have all been on whale watch since yesterday following the announcement by Captain Sig of the spotting of a Grey whale off the starbird side. Unfortunately few of us were able to observe said whale 🐋. It’s is expected there will be many more to spot over the next several days. Here a few different vantage points. In my opinion The ship is handling it all very well. Definitely some creeks and splashes but she appears to be strongly built for such a voyage, navigating the swells with ease and vigorously cutting through the winds. Stay tuned more to come…same Bat time, same Bat channel! Royal Caribbean Ultimate World Cruise Americas Segment Serenade of the Sea Ultimate World Cruise Bloggers & Sharerste

Also some are saying water/waves splashing up on heliport, some wave spray even hitting the bridge now.

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I hope this is being posted with permission from the author. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes it was

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Really?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

yes on PM

I know the person whose information you copied/pasted into your post and sent him a message at 1pm Pacific time asking him if anyone had asked for permission to copy and share his post. His reply was "They did not". 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3