Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

OOoohhh...look what we just got!  🙂  

Yes, I have had many Serenade blocks in the past....giving away all but the first one to sister and many crew members (who loved them).....but this one is a keeper.  🥰

Different print on opposite sides.  

20240112_102549.jpg

20240112_102622.jpg

lucy girl you.  love the four photos.   enjoy

I have 4 crystals - all glass, Ovation, Allure, Vision, and Adventure.  One from each class of ship and this year I am on the Jewel twice once in Norway and once out of Boston to Greenland.  Hoping I will get my 5th crystal and I like having one from each class.  toodles  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

she does exist, she is real and now we see her.  Island Lady thanks so much for all the great photos and this makes some of the bad weather and missed dockings worth it.

what is sticking out of your pocket?   

Yes, I smuggled my cat on board.  😄 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

18 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

We are in middle of summer, this is the best time to attempt. Not for the faint of heart. I'm learning to dance to the movement 

I am pretty good with ship movements but not for more than 3 hours then I get annoyed.

On Oasis last year I had a room oceanview in front of ship.  I had very loud wind for over 24 hours and it got on my nerves. but the movement was okay and interesting to watch as I was above the bridge. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I am normally not a “sweets” person, but those things are delicious!  I was thinking of trying to make them when we got home!

If you ask nicely they would probably give you the recipe, though the batch size would be quite large.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, I smuggled my cat on board.  😄 😁

oh you switched ships from Ovation (rumors that they had a cat) over to Serenade.  ha ha.

Icon OTS has a dog for a mascot nice bit golden retriever or lab.  was on board when ship arrived in Miami with all those pink shirts.  Check the ICON thread

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Another island coming up on starboard side with Glacier in the middle.  Will try for closer picture in a bit.  

20240112_105005.jpg

given global warming it is nice to still know icebergs do exists.

very nice of you to share phots with all of us

YOU ARE PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

OOoohhh...look what we just got!  🙂  

Yes, I have had many Serenade blocks in the past....giving away all but the first one to sister and many crew members (who loved them).....but this one is a keeper.  🥰

Different print on opposite sides.  

20240112_102549.jpg

20240112_102622.jpg

Nice! We have a Serenade block, but it’s clear.  We should be getting another one on our segments in the summer, I would love if it was the same and has the 2 sides like yours..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup guys...a rare picture of me...in my favorite fluffy jacket.  😉  And yeah, that is snow at my feet!

20240112_065449.jpg

There you are!  now maybe if we’re ever on a cruise at the same time I’ll be able to recognize you….but of course you’ll need to wear a hoodie 😁

• Haha 5

Little closer to the island...some really massive jagged mountains coming up in front of us on the horizon. 

Just saw Penguins jumping out of the water, couple of pods.  Little buggers too quick to capture on film.  Orcas and Humpbacks with the binoculars.  Luckily brought two pair, so Bucky and I don't have to share.  😄 

20240112_105005.jpg

20240112_112146.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:
8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I know that but Tik Tok and the media seem to be making it a big deal like there is a lots of drama going on other world cruises do not get this level of attention.

Well, we are the 'ultimate' WC

Makes sense. Ultimate World Cruise is deserving of Ultimate Drama, both here on CC as well as TikTok😉😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Those 'burgs are amazing !  How in the world are those dome-arch-things formed ?  So beautiful.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe that's where Santa and his elves live when on summer vacation?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Some of those Icebergs are alot like some of the ones we saw in Greenland last year

On Jewel.

The water and ice has such beautiful colors.

Will you see be there when the sun sets? If so you should get some cool looking pictures like we got.

FB_IMG_1695659211368.jpg

20230923_131915.jpg

20230922_171425.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407783659.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407768361.jpg

FB_IMG_1695407754607.jpg

FB_IMG_1695403269784.jpg

20230920_141147.jpg

20230920_141006.jpg

20230920_141130.jpg

Awesome colors in the icebergs.

How did you get the close-ups? Were you on a tender or excursion? Or just a great camera with fantastic zoom lens?

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just saw Penguins jumping out of the water, couple of pods.  Little buggers too quick to capture on film.  Orcas and Humpbacks with the binoculars

That is so exciting. Thank you for all the great iceberg pictures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

it’s so cool (literally lol) to see the huge chunks of ice. When we did the Arctic Crossing in 2022 and did a day cruise on Prins Christin Sund, the crew was all outside with us the whole time. I was so happy to see them enjoying it as much as us. I’m trying to attach 2 pics. Not sure if this works.. one night during dinner the captain announced for us to go out and see the train of icebergs, and the sun was setting at the same time.  Sorry, I can’t get the iceberg one to post… 

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_5258.heic 861.51 kB · 18 downloads

I was able to download and view your 2nd file.  Here it is.  I was on the Voyager Arctic crossing in '22 and remember thinking that to me , and from a longer distance,  that you wouldn't know you weren't looking at a city skyline filled with tall buildings.

I have some video of whale spray in front of that scene, too.  Magic.

Screenshot_20240112_120611_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 15

9 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was able to download and view your 2nd file.  Here it is.  I was on the Voyager Arctic crossing in '22 and remember thinking that to me , and from a longer distance,  that you wouldn't know you weren't looking at a city skyline filled with tall buildings.

I thought the same thing! If the Captain hadn’t come o n to tell us, we would have missed it. We were at dinner.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I was also on that sailing.  I had a "front row" seat of that scene at dinner.  Have almost the exact same photo.

image.thumb.png.a8b0b5c9e5a9b74638b274309fcb418e.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Awesome colors in the icebergs.

How did you get the close-ups? Were you on a tender or excursion? Or just a great camera with fantastic zoom lens?

On an excursion,here is the boats was about 10 of us on it. Inside cabin but when taking pictures we were outside.

Pictures were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S10.

20230920_153921.jpg

20230920_150607.jpg

20230920_142833_01.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

My feet finally defrosted over lunch.   I am such a whimp!!  😊

Is Bucky still in flip flops?😀

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 4