Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Hopefully you get out of there before rush hour.  🙃

image.png.8050d3814a1f620aa3aace4ba74dff50.png

Oh wow!!  Both of the Viking expedition ships are here close by!!  We are on Octantis next year for 5 weeks going through Great Lakes, St. Lawrence Seaway, Greenland, and NW passage.  Hope I see them when we pull around the corner!!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh wow!!  Both of the Viking expedition ships are here close by!!  We are on Octantis next year for 5 weeks going through Great Lakes, St. Lawrence Seaway, Greenland, and NW passage.  Hope I see them when we pull around the corner!!  

I have a friend on Celebrity Eclips. They're in the neighborhood too!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did you see Polaris as you passed?  Probably can't see Octantis.  Watch out!  Eclipse is preparing to T-bone Serenade.

image.png.6a0b5ae06504bc6d29097adeccbb49b7.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Really calm seas inside the strait....like glass.  Lots of Humpback whales, but only clearly seen with the binoculars.

I use a Fujica digital SLR with a 500mm telephoto lens for those kinds of shots. Smart phone cameras just won’t cut it at that distance.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

On an excursion,here is the boats was about 10 of us on it. Inside cabin but when taking pictures we were outside.

Pictures were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S10.

Hmmm, these pictures looks so familiar.....😁

Did you know that where they are Serenade is about 150 miles from the Antarctic Circle?  Nuuk is about..150 miles from the Arctic Circle.  I'd say we got pretty decent weather since they're in the middle of summer and we were there around the equinox.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Hmmm, these pictures looks so familiar.....😁

Did you know that where they are Serenade is about 150 miles from the Antarctic Circle?  Nuuk is about..150 miles from the Arctic Circle.  I'd say we got pretty decent weather since they're in the middle of summer and we were there around the equinox.

We were on the same cruise 🙂

16 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

I was doing the water slides on Voyager, 62 miles south of the Arctic Circle (docked in Akureyri, Iceland) on Sept. 8, 2022.  🙂

We had perfect weather cruising thru Prins Christians Sund the next week.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Another island coming up on starboard side with Glacier in the middle.  Will try for closer picture in a bit.  

20240112_105005.jpg

Is Capt Stig announcing the names of the islands like he did for us in the Caribbean?

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Did you see Polaris as you passed?  Probably can't see Octantis.  Watch out!  Eclipse is preparing to T-bone Serenade.

image.png.6a0b5ae06504bc6d29097adeccbb49b7.png

Yes, we saw Polaris...they had the big rubber boats out of the "hanger" which is an opening on the aft.  Then as we moved forward, we saw the bow towards us of Octantis.  So cool to see them!  Thanks!  

• Like 3

Arrived in Paradise bay.  Just sitting here admiring and checking it out. 

Whale group just didn't want to really reveal themselves.  Have a shot of the whale wake...that's about it.   Little speed boat launched to collect ice in a net.  They did not chip some from a berg...just dragged a net over little floating chunks...then had a devil of a time trying to drag the heavy load into the little boat.  😄  

20240112_165006.jpg

20240112_165012.jpg

20240112_172419.jpg

20240112_173305.jpg

20240112_173614.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I use a Fujica digital SLR with a 500mm telephoto lens for those kinds of shots. Smart phone cameras just won’t cut it at that distance.

Once again...you are the king of photos.  😉   Me...I have only just learned to even post photos...and not doing a good job of it.  Sigh....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Once again...you are the king of photos.  😉   Me...I have only just learned to even post photos...and not doing a good job of it.  Sigh....  

You're doing an excellent job with the photos.....and sharing what is actually happening. 

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am really enjoying your pictures.  I think you’re doing a GREAT job.  I appreciate you taking the time to share.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ATG said:

I am really enjoying your pictures.  I think you’re doing a GREAT job.  I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Thank you as well.  I am doing what I can, but wish I were much more professional. 😳

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thank you as well.  I am doing what I can, but wish I were much more professional. 😳

They look good to me! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think you are doing a fabulous job, I'm really enjoying them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hey, I’m silently following along but just have to say I think you’re doing a fantastic job!  Professional or not, you’re sharing photos of sights and locales many of us may never experience. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I see the Captain is still sailing the ship around the islands? Is it still light out ? can you still see stuff? Are there plans to cruise around the islands again tomorrow or are you all heading North to the Falkland Island tonight?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We can find professional shots all over the internet. It's so cool to see these sights "with" you. Thank you for taking the time to post. I appreciate Bucky not being totally annoyed with it as well!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1