Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

16 hours ago, BecAus said:

Sure, I can see how you might think that but this was never a normal vacation as I don't usually take 3 month vacations.  And the FWC's who booked the whole thing weren't looking for a normal vacation either.  Of course this adventure is not for everyone!

I look at it now that it's opened up some opportunities for us. A Safari is not something we would otherwise have done.  We will now spend a few days in Rome as that was the one stop I was really struggling with in how to see it all in one day.  My husband has been there before but I haven't.

From Ringers0815 reply it sounds like the cruisers are continuing on as normal with their cruise and this is just another small bump in the road for them so that is great to hear.

We are looking forward to hopping aboard in Dubai and joining them for part of their journey!

Perfectly stated.  Indeed this is not a normal cruise.  WC travelers are not currently doing 200 repeats of the same 3/4 or 7 night Caribbean cruises.  The WC is a true adventure, with it being a 100% positive situation that there will be "bumps" in the road....errr...sea (literally too). 

The true adventurers deal with them as they come and experience the new and different with open eyes and open minds.  🙂  I am looking forward to rejoining in Barcelona.  I already miss my friends on board and the wonderful crew.  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

The true adventurers deal with them as they come and experience the new and different with open eyes and open minds.  🙂  I am looking forward to rejoining in Barcelona.  I already miss my friends on board and the wonderful crew

I really wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about your time on S1 & seeing all the great photos you posted - it was wonderful to read about how you enjoyed yourselves on your 2months onboard and I looked forward to seeing what you’d been up to when I was able to check in - I meant to post & tell you before it ended! You did a brilliant job of keeping us all updated!

(we had a really sad & unexpected bereavement in the family early Jan & the inevitable things that go along with dealing with that went into Feb so whilst I checked in occasionally I didn’t get around to posting much but I very much enjoyed reading your daily reports when I could - really brightened my day when I saw your posts / photos - you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself)

Hope you have a great upcoming cruise on Wonder and your upcoming adventures before you rejoin S4 in Barcelona - we will probably be like ships passing as we get off & you get back on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I really wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about your time on S1 & seeing all the great photos you posted - it was wonderful to read about how you enjoyed yourselves on your 2months onboard and I looked forward to seeing what you’d been up to when I was able to check in - I meant to post & tell you before it ended! You did a brilliant job of keeping us all updated!

(we had a really sad & unexpected bereavement in the family early Jan & the inevitable things that go along with dealing with that went into Feb so whilst I checked in occasionally I didn’t get around to posting much but I very much enjoyed reading your daily reports when I could - really brightened my day when I saw your posts / photos - you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself)

Hope you have a great upcoming cruise on Wonder and your upcoming adventures before you rejoin S4 in Barcelona - we will probably be like ships passing as we get off & you get back on!

Aww...thanks my friend!  Sooo sweet, you really made my day.  🥰  I very much enjoyed taking others with us on our first quarter cruise, and so happy you enjoyed it.  

My heart goes out to you on your loss.   Life is so precious, indeed we need to enjoy every moment of what we have on this earth and the loved ones around us.  

Hope you enjoy a well deserved and fantabulous cruise when you join the ship as well.  🙂  Sorry we will just miss you.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

John is campaigning for option #2

I'm curious why if you feel like sharing his reasons.  I've seen very few people wanting that option although if I were onboard that would be my choice as well.  

Also, want to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing John's photos and wish you well for whatever is happening next week.  Check in when you're able.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Care to share his reasoning for that choice? Others have thought option #1 was a clear winner.

I'm thinking the ports on number #1 aren't that great and the 50% Obc or refund will sure come in handy later in the cruise.

Visas, vaccines, less than exciting ports 

Plus he wants Istanbul, Greek isles, and Alexandria 

The initial gut feeling was option 1, but when you look closely it's uninspiring.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Visas, vaccines, less than exciting ports 

Plus he wants Istanbul, Greek isles, and Alexandria 

The initial gut feeling was option 1, but when you look closely it's uninspiring.

Agree !

• Like 3

3 hours ago, island lady said:

AMERICAN QUEEN VOYAGES,  AMERICAN EMPRESS Columbia/Snake River cruise  6/9/2024& 6/19/2024(B2B)

Sorry for the interruption, but ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2024/02/21/american-queen-voyages-shuts-down/72679119007/

https://www.aqvinfo.com/

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Sorry for the interruption, but ...

I posted this last night to give a shout out to island lady, then deleted it. I figured it wasn't my place.

I should've left the post there as is just as a general comment like you did here. The way the global economy is (possibly) heading, I did not find this overly shocking news.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I posted this last night to give a shout out to island lady, then deleted it. I figured it wasn't my place.

I should've left the post there as is just as a general comment like you did here. The way the global economy is (possibly) heading, I did not find this overly shocking news.

Saw the same thing earlier but like you I didn't want to be the one to burst her bubble since she doesn't like me all ready anyway.

I'm sure she will find something comparable to fill the time slots.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, BecAus said:

I look at it now that it's opened up some opportunities for us. A Safari is not something we would otherwise have done.  We will now spend a few days in Rome as that was the one stop I was really struggling with in how to see it all in one day.  My husband has been there before but I haven't.

From Ringers0815 reply it sounds like the cruisers are continuing on as normal with their cruise and this is just another small bump in the road for them so that is great to hear.

We are looking forward to hopping aboard in Dubai and joining them for part of their journey!

You are right that the changed itinerary opens up opportunities. We did a cruise in early 2020 (just before the Covid shutdown) that went to Africa and we just loved it. We had the opportunity to do many safaris and they were just amazing experiences. This is a photo I took on one of the safari.

IMG_1287.jpeg.6aaa7a2f9549fba44f93399b750da408.jpeg

i am sure which ever option is selected people will continue to have a wonderful cruise! I am just sorry now we are leaving in Brisbane lol.😂 

Edited by ringers0815
edit
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

I am just sorry now we are leaving in Brisbane

I’m sure if you went down to the next cruise desk, they would be more than happy to let you book the next quarter😅

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Replacement cruises for her :

https://www.americancruiselines.com/cruises/columbia-and-snake-river-cruises/columbia-and-snake-rivers-cruise

18 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Beautiful sail away from Honolulu.

IMG_1235.thumb.jpeg.0d43cecaae621a57167eb875d1a91aa3.jpeg

IMG_1238.thumb.jpeg.4e3a59dda4422f2f07638d4d8dceea57.jpeg

IMG_7234.thumb.jpeg.2a3df26a28818db3f81c2e0ca3a3b905.jpeg

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.6f19bf53186b75ff6471d54371957c0b.jpeg

IMG_1256.thumb.jpeg.d55058d11d6ef1436df1a60d57891dd3.jpeg

IMG_7250.thumb.jpeg.613f8f98b426b81727b87d1a56b35ca5.jpeg

12 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Random pics of 2 days in Honolulu 

No particular order. Some from cell, others from Canon

John did whales on day 1 and walked around day 2

20240219172643_IMG_1209.JPG

20240219180744_IMG_1262.JPG

20240219181839_IMG_1281.JPG

20240219183738_IMG_1330.JPG

20240219184542_IMG_1361.JPG

20240219184938_IMG_1382.JPG

20240219185029_IMG_1388.JPG

20240219185552_IMG_1414.JPG

20240220155634_IMG_1491.JPG

20240220161111_IMG_1520.JPG

20240220161354_IMG_1527.JPG

20240220162149_IMG_1533.JPG

20240219_084421.jpg

20240219_084757.jpg

20240219_145629.jpg

20240220_061433.jpg

20240220_091546.jpg

20240220_093532.jpg

20240220_093646.jpg

20240220_094744.jpg

20240220_095216.jpg

20240220_095514.jpg

20240220_144920.jpg

20240220_182840.jpg

Chef Ronald came back yesterday😁

20240220_185003.jpg

John put him on the phone for me🤩

Beautiful.  Thanks for the pics from Honolulu, makes me want to go back.  Spent a couple of days in 2019 pre cruise with an overnight before sailing.  

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks.   I was a tad bit concerned about their reviews anyway, and not really happy about our cabin with the tiny bathroom.  Will follow up.  Thank you for your heads up.  Will try to simply extend our wine country stay...which will probably be a better fit anyway.  

As I always say...adjust and move on.  😉 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Yeah, I would have loved to have received your heads up.  As it is now, I cannot get through to American Queen Voyages online or on the phone.  They have a website listed for refunds...but it goes no where when you click on it and times out.  Have been trying for 45 minutes now.  

Have "nasty gram" snail mail" ready to go out tomorrow.  May have to hire lawyer.  They bullied me to pay in full in the beginning.  Should have known.  I am probably out that money.  🤬

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Will try to simply extend our wine country stay

Isn’t that a bit too far north to visit the Crawford winery? I suppose you could drive down to Solvang.🍷

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Isn’t that a bit too far north to visit the Crawford winery? I suppose you could drive down to Solvang.🍷

???  900 miles south....one way.  😲  No, don't think so.  😉  We are staying at a winery in Dundee Oregon just south of Portland.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I would have loved to have received your heads up.  As it is now, I cannot get through to American Queen Voyages online or on the phone.  Have "nasty gram" snail mail" ready to go out tomorrow.  May have to hire lawyer.  They bullied me to pay in full in the beginning.  Should have known.  I am probably out that money.  🤬

Request for refund is here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I would have loved to have received your heads up.  As it is now, I cannot get through to American Queen Voyages online or on the phone.  Have "nasty gram" snail mail" ready to go out tomorrow.  May have to hire lawyer.  They bullied me to pay in full in the beginning.  Should have known.  I am probably out that money.  🤬

I didnt read every word but sounded like someone was keeping the company going and working thru the bankruptcy filing. They arent out of business just filling bankruptcy and goig to keep on. Not a file and stop sailing filing. 

I hope you dont lose any money.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

???  900 miles south....one way.  😲  No, don't think so.  😉 

My bad. Wrong Crawford. To get to KC Winery, you’d have to get to NZ. Long flight☺️

• Haha 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

I didnt read every word but sounded like someone was keeping the company going and working thru the bankruptcy filing. They arent out of business just filling bankruptcy and goig to keep on. Not a file and stop sailing filing. 

I hope you dont lose any money.  

Unfortunately in a C11 reorg, she is at the bottom of the food chain as an unsecured creditor. If lucky she can get a refund before the court gets control.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I would have loved to have received your heads up.  As it is now, I cannot get through to American Queen Voyages online or on the phone.  They have a website listed for refunds...but it goes no where when you click on it and times out.  Have been trying for 45 minutes now.  

Have "nasty gram" snail mail" ready to go out tomorrow.  May have to hire lawyer.  They bullied me to pay in full in the beginning.  Should have known.  I am probably out that money.  🤬

Pat, see below. Hope it helps.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Request for refund is here.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Your credit card may (or may not) cover operator default.

• Like 2