Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

37 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We were saying the exact same thing before the fire!!  I didn't realize you were in a damaged cabin.  We were Starboard aft and as far from the fire as you could get.  

we were in a midship suite on Caribe. 
as we were by the elevator banks. Our kids actually has their cabin on the other side so they were okay. 

7 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I'm thinking since there are so many crew on board each ship it would be good to have HR on board.

I think it's a good idea also.  It's good to have a point person for all the job issues that all 1000 or so crewmembers have rather than just going to the Hotel Director or the Captain.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

Watched the cooking demonstration which was funny and we enjoyed the galley tour that followed. It's great to see some of the people that work so hard in the back which we don't get to interact with. I highly recommend d taking the time for this. 

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This particular week of the cruise has had some awful weather and today is no exception.  The ship is rolling around in some swells (I would guess 10-12 foot) and we are watching big waves in the pool splashing all over Deck 16.  For those used to the usually calm waters of a Caribbean cruise this is a new experience.  I imagine more then a few are not feeling good on our last sea day prior to getting back to Port Everglades for more awful Florida weather.

Last night we ate in the Crown Grill (8:40 reservations) and noticed quite a few empty tables despite the difficulty in getting reservations.  We wonder if this is a staffing issue or just a system that does not believe in filling empty tables.  Service in CG was excellent and we thought the food mediocre.  The Catch by Rudi definitely wins the prize for the best food on the ship.

Hank

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

Using the medallion app for ordering drinks has just not worked for us this cruise. We gave up on it after the first couple days.

What was the problem? Didn't the drinks arrive? Wrong drink? 

9 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

UGH it's rough and I'm sea sick. 
Just took a zofran so i am hoping it's works. We have dinner plans at catch my rudi.

bummer on the weather throughout this whole trip and hope you still get to make it to the catch again tonight! you've really made the best of it, though, and i love your anecdotal retellings. please have a safe journey home once you return!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

UGH it's rough and I'm sea sick. 
Just took a zofran so i am hoping it's works. We have dinner plans at catch my rudi. 

Go low and midship if you can. Piazza 5th mid is the best.  I spent a lot of time recently there, due to rocking and rolling. Unusual for me, but it did help.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Go low and midship if you can. Piazza 5th mid is the best.  I spent a lot of time recently there, due to rocking and rolling. Unusual for me, but it did help.

thanks. The thought of dinner makes me want to throw up!!  I'll see if I can get some green apples. 

I told Steve to go enjoy the night and his dinner.   

I was fine all morning and even spent time in the sanctuary. 

Well looks like I'm spending the evening in. 

just want to say it was fun meeting you @Hlitner enjoyed our conversation and your company. 

we may have had terrible weather, but the crew made up for it. We have once again met some amazing crew and this solidifies how much I love Princess. It's the crew. 

hope anyone who gets off tomorrow has safe travels 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

That's where we went too on our last rocky cruise. There were so many people there who felt queasy the waiters were going around with ginger ale for everyone.

Hope you get relief soon! 

On 12/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, xamsx said:

People do have different expectations and experiences even when on the same vacation. We are on this cruise, I stated some positives and negatives earlier in this thread, and I was basically dismissed for having a different experience and for not expressing everything as sunshine and rainbows. 

I do know we are very unlikely to return to the Sky.  It simply is not for us and the overall experience has been meh. 

There are folks in here who do not like dissenting opinions about Princess and make it clear that if your experience isn't their experience, you are simply wrong. You have to ignore people like that.

We were on the Sky last week.  I commented in other threads about some of my concerns, particularly about the cleanliness in the buffet drink area.  I did note it on my survey.  We had an overall good cruise.  Seems like the weather thus week has been way worse, which can make every aspect of the cruise experience seem worse as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well looks like I'm spending the evening in. 

just want to say it was fun meeting you @Hlitner enjoyed our conversation and your company. 

we may have had terrible weather, but the crew made up for it. We have once again met some amazing crew and this solidifies how much I love Princess. It's the crew. 

hope anyone who gets off tomorrow has safe travels 

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  I suspect there are many others also spending a quiet night in their cabins.  Hope we cross paths on another voyage.

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

thanks. The thought of dinner makes me want to throw up!!  I'll see if I can get some green apples. 

I told Steve to go enjoy the night and his dinner.   

I was fine all morning and even spent time in the sanctuary. 

They have green apples at the IC and crackers very often.  Ginger Ale helps too.

Feel better soon!

Edited by PacnGoNow