Club Orange cost & benefits?

rover16

I've see lots of comments on CO, but when Ive booked with my PCC at HAL its never bee n mentioned or offered as a option.

I know it's limited but can find nothing on HAL's website on cost or how to get it.

Sailing June, 2025 on Rotterdam, in a Vista Suite, never been on that class of ship. Do folks think CO is worth iot?

Just now, rover16 said:

I've see lots of comments on CO, but when Ive booked with my PCC at HAL its never bee n mentioned or offered as a option.

I know it's limited but can find nothing on HAL's website on cost or how to get it.

Sailing June, 2025 on Rotterdam, in a Vista Suite, never been on that class of ship. Do folks think CO is worth iot?

Your PCC should have mentioned it. CO price will vary and may increase but it's best done when booking as you can "upgrade" within your cabin category for the price of the lowest cost cabin in that category. You could probably call the PCC and ask about adding it but not sure how the price will affect what cabin you booked. If you are already in your best cabin, they may give you OBC or have it rebooked at the lower price and then charge CO. I feel it's best value is on the Pinnacle Class ships where you have a separate dining room which is less noisy and less hurried than the MDR. But you have to weigh the cost against the benefits you feel you are getting to decide worth. 

52 minutes ago, rover16 said:

The Rotterdam, as the newest HAL ship, has the nicest CO dining room. There are several other benefits, but the best benefit is the upgrade, and that might not mean much in a vista suite or higher. We booked the cheapest verandah stateroom and upgraded to the higher priced; but when we were in a Neptune on the Rotterdam we were automatically CO and loved the dining room.

It's: 

$25/person/day on cruises up to 13 days
$15/person/day on cruises 13+ days

Not worth it for me. I pick my stateroom and an upgrade to the best available in the "meta category" would likely be less desirable. The expended menus might be nice, as would the priority tender embarkation but the rest is mostly just 'fluff'. For example:

- a concierge to make dining reservations and book shore excursions;

- Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by the Captain, such as a Private Greenhouse Spa & Salon® consultation.

Get serious! I can book my own excursions, and don't need to sold an overpriced & scientifically dubious detox treatment (I have a liver that will take care of the toxins from my Elite Beverage Package).

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I will respectfully disagree with Bill B.  If I am on a Pinnacle Class ship, I want Club Orange.

not for the perks but for that dining room.  The MDR on the pinnacle class ships are very loud IMO - hard to hear even the companion next to you let alone anyone else.

the ambience in the CO dining room is very nice - peaceful, good service and good food.  I’ve used CO once to upgrade my cabin & it worked well but last time my cabin had already been chosen and after experiencing the difference in the dining room, I knew I wanted CO again.  

It’s all subjective of course but for me that dining room is a must.

Oh and let’s not forget the coveted tote bag 😂 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Bill B said:

It's: 

$25/person/day on cruises up to 13 days
$15/person/day on cruises 13+ days

Not worth it for me. I pick my stateroom and an upgrade to the best available in the "meta category" would likely be less desirable. The expended menus might be nice, as would the priority tender embarkation but the rest is mostly just 'fluff'. For example:

- a concierge to make dining reservations and book shore excursions;

- Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by the Captain, such as a Private Greenhouse Spa & Salon® consultation.

Get serious! I can book my own excursions, and don't need to sold an overpriced & scientifically dubious detox treatment (I have a liver that will take care of the toxins from my Elite Beverage Package).

I agree. I like cabins that others find undesirable (high and at the front of the ship) so the “best” in a category is crappy IMHO. I don’t like dining in a fish bowl or in a “special” area of the main dining room, get invited to special events (that basically I would have paid for), early embarkation/disembarkation or same waiters every day. But that is me. I am a solo traveler who doesn’t need bells and whistles-a pretty laid back poor person🤣🥹. But others love it and I would not begrudge them their wanting CO!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

I will respectfully disagree with Bill B.  If I am on a Pinnacle Class ship, I want Club Orange.

not for the perks but for that dining room.  The MDR on the pinnacle class ships are very loud IMO - hard to hear even the companion next to you let alone anyone else.

the ambience in the CO dining room is very nice - peaceful, good service and good food.  I’ve used CO once to upgrade my cabin & it worked well but last time my cabin had already been chosen and after experiencing the difference in the dining room, I knew I wanted CO again.  

It’s all subjective of course but for me that dining room is a must.

Oh and let’s not forget the coveted tote bag 😂 

Ok yes I do covet the tote bag!!!!!  😇🤣😂😅😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

or in a “special” area of the main dining room, get invited to special events

I haven't heard anyone with firsthand experience having a separate CO area of the dining room on non-Pinnacle Class ships.  Trip reports I've seen say the people eat in the MDR with everyone else but have the extra entree offered for CO. 

I have also never heard anyone report that these supposed "special events" actually happen.  

From HAL:

"You're invited to a special event that the captain chooses. These exclusive experiences may include a tour, a private spa and beauty consultation, or a coffee chat with onboard musicians or performers."

Have any folks with recent CO experience been seated in a separate CO section of the MDR or had any "special events:"?

Thanks for the information!

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I haven't heard anyone with firsthand experience having a separate CO area of the dining room on non-Pinnacle Class ships.  Trip reports I've seen say the people eat in the MDR with everyone else but have the extra entree offered for CO. 

I have also never heard anyone report that these supposed "special events" actually happen.  

From HAL:

"You're invited to a special event that the captain chooses. These exclusive experiences may include a tour, a private spa and beauty consultation, or a coffee chat with onboard musicians or performers."

Have any folks with recent CO experience been seated in a separate CO section of the MDR or had any "special events:"?

~Nancy

It’s probably too late for me to check it out on this cruise but I did notice that if they were CO they were immediately seated in the MDR and seemed to go in the same direction. I could be wrong!

Depending on one's circumstances I can see how it might be worth it on a Pinnacle Class ship. It just depends on how many of the perks it conveys you will use.

P.S. to have it added to your booking, you have to contact HAL or your TA.

2 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

It’s probably too late for me to check it out on this cruise but I did notice that if they were CO they were immediately seated in the MDR and seemed to go in the same direction. I could be wrong!

Yes, CO does have a separate host stand and priority seating in the MDR which of course is good if there is a line up to enter.  If you find out about a separate seating area for CO, please let us know.

Thanks,

~Nancy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oakridger said:

From HAL:

~Nancy

We were CO & in a Neptune last Feb/March on the K & didn't get any of the things you mentioned.  We did like CO for dining-- easier to hear in a less noisy environment except for a couple of nights when a 4-some (who I think had had their own happy hours before coming) were a little loud & obnoxious.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Only Pinnacle Class ships have the separate dining area for CO.

Yes, that is correct.  My question is about the non-Pinnacle class ships.  Some people say there is a separate area of the MDR for CO however, I haven't seen any first hand reports that this is true.  That's my question.

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

My question is about the non-Pinnacle class ships.  Some people say there is a separate area of the MDR for CO however, I haven't seen any first hand reports that this is true. 

According to HAL it's not true -

"On Pinnacle Class ships, Club Orange guests can enjoy breakfast and dinner at a private dining venue with an expanded menu and reservations are not required. On all other ships, Club Orange guests can enjoy priority seating and an expanded menu in the Dining Room for breakfast and dinner."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify the complimentary stateroom upgrade is just that - a complimentary upgrade.  No where does it state that it is the best category.  It is your choice what category cabin you want as long as it is within the same meta category.  Book a VF and you can upgrade to a VD, VB, VA, V, VS.  It’s your choice which category of upgrade you choose.  I always select 6 cabins to ensure I get a cabin I like.  HAL doesnt select the upgrade, you do so you always maintain control over selecting your cabin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, oakridger said:

From HAL:

~Nancy

We had the special event on our Nov cruise.  It was an invitation for a private spa and beauty consultation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

We got 2 bags on our last cruise.  We are winning 😜😆😂🤣🤪

I got 3 on my B2B2B.  Good thing as one had already bit the dust.  A lemon I guess?  LOL.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

We have never been invited to or heard of any of these special events either.  We always stay in a suite, so we get the CO benefits, rather than paying an add-on fee for them.  Has anyone heard of these events?  Do you perhaps have to pay for CO, rather than being in a suite to get invited?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bill B said:

According to HAL it's not true -

"On Pinnacle Class ships, Club Orange guests can enjoy breakfast and dinner at a private dining venue with an expanded menu and reservations are not required. On all other ships, Club Orange guests can enjoy priority seating and an expanded menu in the Dining Room for breakfast and dinner."

I think OC can go to pinnacle grill for breakfast on Eurodam.