LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Nieuw Statendam December 10, 2023

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa, thanks for taking us all along with you on your cruise, and for buying us dinner each night.  Since this is the last night, I would overindulge a little bit.

Crab Cakes and the Shrimp Cocktail

Ribeye with the peppercorn sauce

Baked Potato

Baked Alaska

and for dessert, one or two of the Macallan Select Oak.

Have a safe trip home.

• Like 2

Good Afternoon, disembarkation was easy We were off the ship at 8:30 and on the bus shortly after on our way to Miami Airport.

We were fortunate we could ch click bags right away despite being almost 7 hours till flight. 
We have American Airlines Lounge access so the wait is at least comfortable and so far time is going quickly 

Overall the cruise was great and service and food quality started improving about 3 days into the cruise. Yes definitely some things that could improve but overall I found the Nieuw Statendam to be better than my two previous Pinnacle class ships. I am still in awe at how much better the Pinnacle Grill was last night. 
In the mornings in Club Orange the Host for Rudi’s helps Siri the Hostess for CO, so I ask him about the rumors about Rudi’s, he said that yes Rudy has ended his personal Contract with Holland America but has separate contract with each of the three Rudi’s Sel de Mar. The first contract to end is Koningsdam in May 2024. They will just be removing the Rudi’s name on Sel de Mar, menu will most likely be revamped. Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam are 2 and 3 more years respectively. Although Rudy and HAL could agree to end those contracts but for now that is not the case. And no none of these locations will be Morimoto and Morimoto will only be on the one location for now. But there is talk of doing regular pop up in Tamarind as well as talk of making a separate location for seating in the Main Dining Room for Morimoto. 
They are still testing this.

Well only about 3 more hours to wait till we board our plane home 😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

21 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have to say this was one of the best Pinnacle Grills in a very long time we all agreed the quality was excellent, tasty from Appetizers to Dessert. Actually a shock since I have often not been thrilled with Pinnacle 
I started with a glass of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling like I have done every night.
I had the Wedge salad, then the David Burke Tenderloin with Lobster Dumpling, Mashed Potatoes and finished with Key Lime Pie which was exactly how it should be and a cup of coffee. Then Tom had Shrimp cocktail but he ate half of it before i could get pictures 😂 then he also had the Clothes Line Bacon and the Pork chop and the 12 oz Lobster tail, this was excellent a far cry from what he had on the Koningsdam. He also had a Baked Potato and the Chocolate Soufflé.

I realized I forgot to take a picture of the key Lime pie but the crust was crunchy not soggy and perfect.

After dinner we saw James Cielens second show which was very good.

We are now packed luggage out in the hallway.

Another cruise coming to an end but with the holidays coming up and more cruises in 2024 for Tom and I we are excited. We have 4 booked for 2024. We will return to HAL for Alaska on the Westerdam for last week of August.

IMG_5322.jpeg

IMG_5323.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_5331.jpeg

IMG_5332.jpeg

IMG_5333.jpeg

IMG_5339.jpeg

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5342.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

We would agree Lisa that this was one of the best PG. The manager Tudor was fantastic and that showed in the way the restaurant was run. 

• Like 4

So happy that you had a good cruise.  We will be on the Oosterdam in January and your comments and menus have made me look forward to the journey.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with many unforgettable experiences.  Thank you again for letting us cruise with you, Cherie

• Like 3

I loved reading your posts every day @LAFFNVEGAS!  Nice to read about everyone's cruises when I am waiting to go back out to sea.  It's another 146 days until I set foot on the Zuiderdam but you will be on the Windstar before then!

Will you be posting a "Live From" from the Windsurf? I'm trying Windstar as well for the first time but on the motor yacht Star Breeze and not until February 2025.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great Holiday and Happy New Year!! 🎉

~Nancy

• Like 2

20 hours ago, oakridger said:

I loved reading your posts every day @LAFFNVEGAS!  Nice to read about everyone's cruises when I am waiting to go back out to sea.  It's another 146 days until I set foot on the Zuiderdam but you will be on the Windstar before then!

Will you be posting a "Live From" from the Windsurf? I'm trying Windstar as well for the first time but on the motor yacht Star Breeze and not until February 2025.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great Holiday and Happy New Year!! 🎉

~Nancy

Hi Nancy, yes I am planning on doing a Live From and What's for Dinner although will need to post on the Windstar board but will  post here to let everyone know.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4