Allure of the seas change in ice show confusion

cusematt4

Hi All,

The Royal Caribbean app is showing a freestyle ice show called Bladez instead of the choreographed show Ice Games.  The description states that it is a show for the cast to show off their moves to their favorite songs.

Does anyone know if any why Royal Caribbean would have done away with their highly acclaimed ice games show?  This unscripted show is not in addition to the normal ice show.

Thank you.

Just off the Allure, Bladez is well worth the time. It is not a totally freestyle sort of show that changes nightly. Every number is planned and well rehearsed. The difference is that there is no central plot to confuse things. It is just outstanding skating to all types of music. And yes, the hula hoop lady is still around. Spoiler, the 80s montage was my favorite.

Edited by Dolby1000

9 hours ago, Dolby1000 said:

The difference is that there is no central plot to confuse things.

This is why entertainment is subjective. The lack of plot is what we DIDN'T like. I prefer an actual story of some sort. Different strokes. Glad you enjoyed it!

15 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Just guessing but maybe a skater is unable to perform and no sub is available. 

Yes, this happens. They have to adjust when they are down a Skater or 2, hurt or not on the Ship. Seen this happen on the Stage Shows along with Ice

We've never been fond of Ice Games, but have seen cases where scheduled shows have been redone as "unscripted" when skaters are injured or sick.  Lots of times it is the same show with an act substituted.  Not much plot on any of these but we are always impressed how they can do what they do on such soft ice.

15 hours ago, shof515 said:

with the allure doing the short 3-4 day cruises, they may not be enough time in the day or schedule to do two different shows. when it was sailing 7 day cruises, they was more time to do more other shows

We did a B2B four weeks ago on Allure and it was the same Blades show both cruises.  I agree, this was one of my least favorite ice shows. 

Blades is not unscripted.  The premise of the show is that the music is from the skaters' playlists.  However, the show is definitely choreographed.  We saw it on our November 6 cruise and I posted some pictures of it in my review: https://susancrow.blogspot.com/2023/11/allure-of-seas-our-first-cruise-on.html 

• Thanks 1