Cans of soda and Plus package

Marronnier

My apologies if this has been recently asked and answered.

I recall reading various post in this forum speculating as to whether cans of coke and other sodas were now included in the Plus fare/package or whether these packages were limited to sodas from the 'gun'.

I do not recall seeing any definitive answer in these discussions. Is the issue now settled? Are canned sodas included in the Plus package?

2 hours ago, thera said:

i had the Plus package on Sky recently.  When I asked for a diet Coke, they always gave me a can, and it was part of the package.  

Same for me on the Sky 2 weeks ago. If I just particularly wanted a fountain glass instead of a can I had to specifically state that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Anyone just get the can - No Glass/glass with ice? 

You can certainly ask for just the can.  The waiters *generally* open the can for you and start to pour, but just tell them "no glass/ice" and "don't open it" when they deliver (assuming you don't want it opened.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While on the Island in November, we would pick up a soda can with no ice or glass to take back to our cabin.

In the buffet, we would get sometimes a soda (coke or ginger ale) already in a glass, no can.

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

Also on the Island September - October and got cans with our Plus package.  Initially we didn't ask specifically but sometimes that's just what the waiter provided.  As the cruise went on and we realized we were not being charged, we started asking for cans so we could have a few in our cabin fridge.  

I really appreciate finally having cans included as I like Sprite Zero, and in the past you could only get it onboard in cans and wasn't available from the gun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, phe8800 said:

.. and also, when talking about beverages and drink packages .. does Princess currently offer any canned or bottled flavoured SWEET ice tea? 

I always take single packs of crystal light tea mixes and add them to the bottles of 16oz waters.

We were served cans of Diet Coke on the Caribbean Princess in March. But not always.  In September on Sapphire, it was always cans.

Mrs BV would prefer caffeine free Diet Coke.  If anyone spots it, give us all a shout.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Now that Princess is offering can soda, potentially the variety of choices can expand.

Has anyone seen Caffeine Free Diet (or Zero) coke on board?

We were served Coke Zero in cans (actually when I asked for Diet Coke) on both the Sky in August and the Enchanted in October. However, since then there have been reports that it is not available. It might be worth asking as it might be a supply issue or vary by bars. Both of those cruises were in Europe.

Interesting that you mention Caffeine Free Diet Coke and Coke Zero in the same sentence.....you do know that Coke Zero has caffeine right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

Coke light??? Might I ask what that is? I like coke zero but have yet to see that onboard.

I’ve seen Coke Lite at stores in Europe. Can’t remember if I saw it onboard the ships in Europe though, slightly different.  

https://delishably.com/beverages/Why-I-love-Coke-Lite-Coke-Lite-vs-Diet-Coke

Edited by milolii
  • Thanks 1