Speculation for Los Angeles in 2025

fac429

Been following the developments regarding 2025 deployment, and it seems like here's what we know so far:

-Ovation is doing TP in spring 2025 but NOT doing Alaska that summer

-Navigator is not presently scheduled for any cruises after April 2025

Curious as to what people think regarding the plans for these two ships.  Is it possible they may both be based in Los Angeles?  Are there any locations where Navigator could fill a void after April 2024 (Caribbean, etc.)? If Ovation is coming to the West Coast but not doing Alaska is there any other port it could head to after arriving in Vancouver in 2025 that makes sense other than LA?

Wondering because we're hoping to book a weekend cruise out of LA in 2025 and I'd far prefer to do that cruise on Navigator than Ovation (nothing against Ovation, I loved that ship last summer, but Navigator would still be my preference for a short cruise).

I realize nobody here likely knows anything official, and that we'll know one way or another in a couple of months, but just curious as to what people think might be happening...

Thanks!

Ever since it was announced that Anthem and Quantum will be sailing out of Seattle during the summer, I had the strong feeling that Ovation is heading for LA. It also looks like that Quantum is replacing Ovation in Sydney with Voyager taking over from Quantum in Brisbane. It would not make sense sending Ovation to Florida with three new ships there. I suppose Ovation could head back to Asia, but that just does not sit right with me. I suppose time will tell.

Corinna

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

As someone who lives less than 2 hours from the Port of San Pedro having Quantum Class ship in So. Cal would be fantastic. Hoping this "rumor" play out to be true. 

Would Ovation be able to tender everyone in Cabo, though? I don't know what capacity is on Quantum class ships. ☺️

39 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Would Ovation be able to tender everyone in Cabo, though? I don't know what capacity is on Quantum class ships. ☺️

They tendered on Anthem in Bar Harbor, ME.

Navigator capacity:

Capacity
  • 3,386 passengers (double-occupancy)[2]
  • 4,000 passengers (maximum)[2]

Ovation capacity:

Capacity
  • 4,180 passengers (double occupancy)[3]
  • 4,905 passengers (maximum occupancy)[3]

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What would they do with Navigator?  Or is there enough demand for 2 ships out of LA?

Right now Navigator runs mostly 3 & 4 night sailings to Ensenada (and Catalina on the 4 nights) but once a month or so they do week long cruises to Cabo, Mazatlan and PV.  Wondering if maybe they're going to take a run at having one ship do those week long cruises full time and one handling the 3-4 nights?  

We've done Navigator 7 nights several times and love this ship...but what fun Quantum would be. I don't think she would have any problems tendering in Cabo. 

We have Navigator booked for her Valentine cruise 2025...at an amazing price 😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We've done Navigator 7 nights several times and love this ship...but what fun Quantum would be. I don't think she would have any problems tendering in Cabo. 

We have Navigator booked for her Valentine cruise 2025...at an amazing price 😁

I didn't know. We didn't arrive until noon last few times. DH went and got tickets, and they called our tender number around 2:30. 😛 It seemed sort of slow to me. But it is not as though we haven't been to Cabo before. 🙄 I apologize for the question about a larger ship. Interesting that Quantum tenders in many other ports. Thanks for the replies. 

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I didn't know. We didn't arrive until noon last few times. DH went and got tickets, and they called our tender number around 2:30. 😛 It seemed sort of slow to me. But it is not as though we haven't been to Cabo before. 🙄 I apologize for the question about a larger ship. Interesting that Quantum tenders in many other ports. Thanks for the replies. 

We're usually in one of the first tenders....thanks to being in a suite.. things moved pretty quickly and easily especially our last two times in January 2022 & 2023. Pretty organized.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

All ships tender at Grand Cayman. Prior to COVID there was discussion about a pier being built there, but I haven’t heard anything recently. 

I know that. Question was asked if a Quantum class ship tenders and I gave Grand Cayman as an example.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Quantum class ships visit a wide range of tender ports. I have tendered in Phuket on Quantum and in Santorini on Odyssey and it was a surprisingly smooth process. For a big chunk of last year’s Alaska season, Quantum had to tender in Skagway and that port is not really set up for tendering. 

Corinna