Currently on Beyond for 11 nights in an Edge Villa. Any questions?

RRFPresident

I’ll be doing a full trip report on my blog after the cruise but if there’s any questions about the ship, about the Retreat experience, or about the Edge Villa cabins I’ll be happy to answer as we go along. We also will be trying every restaurant onboard starting with Fine Cut tonight. We don’t have any excursions planned but our ports are Grand Cayman, Cartagena, Aruba, Curaçao and Falmouth, Jamaica.

Started off the cruise with the Luminae burger at lunch:

IMG_4677.jpeg

• Like 7

Prices on Eden and LeVoyage were recently increased.  Eden is now $85pp +20% gratuity and LeVoyage is now $125pp + gratuity.  
Fine Cut - $65pp

LPC - $60 pp

Roof Top Grill $45

plus gratuity.

if you book pre cruise there is a 7-8% discount most of the time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RRFPresident said:

Tomahawk steak from Fine Cut was perfect for two of us to share. Normally an extra charge item. Butler says it still is extra for upper suites. Waiter says it is included at least for us in the EV. Will update if it shows up on our account.

IMG_4694.jpeg

A charge of $0 for Fine Cut Steakhouse was just added to our onboard charge account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, smeck said:

I saw you had lunch in the retreat on embark day I was under the impression that Luminae wasn’t open for lunch on embark day. 

Unless there has been a change since January and earlier cruises; yes, Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation day. That is always the first place we head to when we first board. I do not remember though when it closes. Could be closed for people with late boarding.

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Very nice, I'm confused though, I have read here that Celebrity only does short 3-4 day cruises these days.  🙂

our  upcoming Ascent cruise is 7 ...I am sure there is variety but maybe fewer long itins??

45 minutes ago, smeck said:

I saw you had lunch in the retreat on embark day I was under the impression that Luminae wasn’t open for lunch on embark day. 

I have never known Luminae to not be open on embarkation day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Very nice, I'm confused though, I have read here that Celebrity only does short 3-4 day cruises these days.  🙂

Beyond is currently doing 10 and 11 day Caribbean itineraries.  I think there is one 6 day one mixed in, if thats more up your ally.

4 hours ago, smeck said:

It definitely is open on embark day from 11:30am to 1:30pm. Otherwise it is only open for lunch on sea days from 12pm to 1:30pm. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is that the new Luminae burger, can't tell from the picture.  What did you think of it compared to the original?

The tomahawk steak looks delicious. We might have to try it, although I like fillets and my husband likes prime rib.

I’m not sure if it was the new burger. I don’t remember it being any different than when I last had it several years back. The steak was nice and tender I was surprised. If you like filet you’ll like this.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is that the new Luminae burger, can't tell from the picture. 

I thought the new burger did not have the bacon relish I see on this one.  Also believe it is a double patty vice single patty burger. 

• Like 1

Been really rocking and rolling, especially noticeable at night. Made it into Grand Cayman with a rainy start but enjoyed the plunge pool on the balcony when the sun came out later.

Tried Le Petit Chef for the first time last night. Cute but I can see why people say one and done. What dishes do you recommend at Le Voyage?

Put in our first round of laundry yesterday morning as butler says it’s unlimited for us. Suite perks page on Celebrity’s site says it’s only for a couple bags per trip. He also says that thermal suite access is unlimited but we haven’t made it to the spa to check. Web site says only Aqua Class get spa included. 

Asked about bridge or engine control room tours and butler said that suite perk “stopped last week” but we were welcome to book the paid behind the scenes tour. 

Stacked pillows and hard wooden boards don’t make for a comfy head when you forget they are there trying to rest your head against the headboard.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at moments like this - we were talking with the butler about whether the monogrammed pajamas he was offering came any bigger and he offered size 2x. We agreed to that when he had already moved on to asking about monogram choices. As a result, Al’s pajama set is now monogrammed with XAL.

For future reference, here is what the sofa bed looks like made up at night. 

IMG_4812.jpeg

IMG_4813.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, harbourxie said:

Pre-cruise discount only about 8% for Beyond and I have not seen any pre cruise buying options for the first night. 

On other S or M class ships, I remember the 1st night discount is 33% to 40%.

Celebrity should follow  RCI.

First two nights Diamond+, (Elite +) get BOGO in Specialty Restaurant.

I know this is Celebrity and not RCI. HOWEVER, Celebrity is under RCI ownership. Celebrity is costlier than the other Major Market Cruise lines. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, travel1light said:

Hi,

Has a bar been added to the Retreat lounge?  

Thanks

Yes there is a bar in the Retreat lounge. Had many an evening chat with the bartender who is very funny. Her shift ends at midnight. Tonight was our little Meet the Officers soirée in the lounge so they had extra bartenders. 

• Like 1