Question for Insignia Cruisers

RosieRoo

First time on Oceania and will be on Insignia. We are looking to book a PH. I’ve read tons of threads on the noise issue from above. For those of you that have sailed in PH suites on the Insignia recently could you please recommend which suites to avoid? Or which are the best to avoid noise from above? Thanks 

Edited by RosieRoo

We are currently on Insignia,

Deck 8 near aft elevator. 

Its been quiet here, not so much forward as there is a major Teak deck replacement project going on since we boarded on the 5th.

Lots of noise and disruption with a portion of the pool deck and 1 staircase to deck 10 closed.

Yesterday they even closed a section of the pool bar. Supposedly they are pausing the job for the next cruise as they don't want to disrupt the upcoming Christmas sailing. Quite frankly the magnitude of this job should be done in drydock. Our current sailing is 12 nights and they've been at it every day depending on the weather. 

20231209_123758.jpg

20231213_162718.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe it  was  an situation where  it could not wait until the ship was out of service ?

Maybe they should have  cancelled  this cruise  

OH then we would have to listen to all the complaining  that  Oceania ruined their holiday

They cannot win 😈

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe it  was  an situation where  it could not wait until the ship was out of service ?

Maybe they should have  cancelled  this cruise  

OH then we would have to listen to all the complaining  that  Oceania ruined their holiday

They cannot win 😈

… and maybe the compensation is due to the passengers for the inconvenience?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slewis7 said:

That repair noise and mess on the pool deck is unacceptable.  We are on the next cruise and if that is going on then, I will voice my displeasure.

Probably during your cruise they’ll be putting on the varnish. That’ll smell great.  On the bright side for some it looks like the smoking area is off limits. At least there’s not that to complain about. 😷

• Like 1

To answer the OP’s original question. It is best to avoid PH suites on the starboard side of the ship that sits above about the middle of Terrace Cafe through Waves Grill.  The reason is a combination of carts being rolled through the Terrace at most hours of the night along with incessant chair dragging very early morning in Waves.

Notice the poster #2 was on the port side of the ship where it is quieter.

From the aft of the ship on starboard, the first three PH3 cabins aren’t so bad. I wouldn’t venture forward of those until after Waves.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies. As of right now the only cabin on the port side that is left is 8062. On the starboard side there’s 8059, 8061, 8063 and 8065. Which would you choose?  I have read multiple posts about noise issues, but most of them are from years ago. I’d appreciate any advice on these cabins. 

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

Always book a cabin  with cabins above and below. NO public spaces.

Good advice for the O-ships.  But if you're inclined to PH's on the R-ships, it's not possible.  One just needs to look carefully at what's above.

• Like 1

The repairs had to be done since there was leakage into the deck below. We were on this cruise and at the end of the cruise corporate offered $400 per person future ship board credit. Of course, this truly doesn't take away the repair noise but at least recognized the inconvenience of the matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cruisedreamer1, we were also on that cruise. A pity we didn’t get a chance to meet. The noise from the construction was unbearable at times. You could not enjoy the pool deck or deck 10. We ended up finding some quiet space on deck 5 under the life boats. Only 10 loungers there. Unfortunately we were only able to use the pool once on day 1.

Just wanted to mention that the $800 compensation we were given was in fact for a FUTURE cruise credit, not onboard credit. 

We sure had a mess in Miami with the port being closed and not getting off the ship until 3 pm. Not Oceania’s fault. Can’t do much about weather. We missed our 2 pm flight, rebooked for the next day, had to find a hotel for the night and get food. Cha ching, cha ching.

Sometimes you have to make the best of a bad situation.

Hope everyone got home OK.

12 hours ago, Sharkray said:

We missed our 2 pm flight, rebooked for the next day, had to find a hotel for the night and get food. Cha ching, cha ching.

Did you have travel insurance, which normally includes trip interruption coverage.  I believe your situation would have been covered.  Perhaps someone who has filed this type of claim could verify the coverage.  If my belief is wrong, I would sure like to know about it.

10 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Did you have travel insurance, which normally includes trip interruption coverage.  I believe your situation would have been covered.  Perhaps someone who has filed this type of claim could verify the coverage.  If my belief is wrong, I would sure like to know about it.

You are correct, except in my insurance it is called "Trip Delay Reimbursement"; the "trip interruption" is for situations like an illness or family death that requires you to leave midway through a trip (say, day 10 of 15). There is usually a minimum delay before the coverage kicks in...I've seen 6 hours to 12 hours. Mine also has a maximum dollar amount per day per person.