If you could change only one thing on the Royal Carribean Ships what would that be?

On 12/13/2023 at 7:57 AM, little britain said:

Ability to prepay gratuities using the obc in your planner / include gratuities in the fare upfront 

This can already be done. Just leave whatever OBC amount you would like to use onboard in your cruise planner. It will automatically be applied to your onboard account where your gratuities are charged. I did this on my Allure cruise which ended yesterday.

36 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

I know you can pay on board using the obc;

a perfect example of why I would like to use the obc beforehand is recently they raised the tips from $16 to $18pppd. So if you pay beforehand to take advantage of the lower rate you are using real $$ or if you wait until you board to utilise the obc you are paying the higher rate… 

I’m on the Odyssey right now and have had a lovely cruise but I have one major thing that I would change. 

Please stop reminding us that we will be getting a survey and making us confirm we will give them a 10 rating after every single meal. EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL.  It seriously ended each meal on a sour note that made us quite uncomfortable.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

I’m on the Odyssey right now and have had a lovely cruise but I have one major thing that I would change. 

Please stop reminding us that we will be getting a survey and making us confirm we will give them a 10 rating after every single meal. EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL.  It seriously ended each meal on a sour note that made us quite uncomfortable.  

The same person asking this? 

17 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

Will you be giving them a 10?

11 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The same person asking this? 

For the most part we have eaten at specialty restaurants, so it has been by whomever has served us that meal. However, the few nights we did eat at our table in the main dining room, both our waiter and the head waiter made a point of reminding us about the surgery and giving them a 10. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Will you be giving them a 10?

LOL

Yes, I will because the service has been lovely and I’m pretty sure is a procedure they are directed to do. If there is a spot for additional comments I will put this feedback there plus some other feedback about some of the food. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:08 AM, Ret MP said:

All-inclusive pricing?  What if I don't drink?  What if I don't use the Internet?  What if I didn't like the service?  What if I don't like specialty restaurants?  I want to pay for what I use, what is top-notch service, what is good quality, and on and on.  I've never done an all-inclusive land-based resort for those reasons and others.

That is what attracted me to Royal.   I set out to find a ship with a big water slide that 'nickel-and-dimed'.    Even included we wouldn't drink much or use the internet.   

I once went with a group to Sandals.   Liquor was watered down and wine wasn't even cooking quality.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Every ship needs a food venue on the pool deck - one where you can get a quick meal with your bathing suit on.

My one thing was going to be to have a shawarma stand on the pool deck like Disney has. Royal doesn't need another pizza, burger, or hot dog offering. Shawarma is easy to carry in a pita, slice a few cuts from a meat on a rotisserie, add some veggies and sauce, and walk away.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Reid said:

Hi, Len!

My wife used to like going to the raffles in the spas before sail away and hope to win something. We went to one on an Allure cruise and won a two-day inaugural cruise on Harmony when it came to the U.S. It was fantastic; invited guests only. No expenses; SeaPass cards were never asked for except for specialty restaurants in the evening. It wasn't cruising full, so we were able to go to 5 shows in the two days. Even a limited amount of photos were included. And we each received a really nice, sturdy good-sized travel bag. I still use it to bring my two twelve-packs of soda onboard. I'd like another shot at something like that.

I wish we had the opportunity to meet on a cruise.We would have had great conversations .

Sorentos isnt premade.   I watched them stretching dough.  I found sorentos on symphony and oasis to be better than carnival and princess pizza.  I mean what do you expect making pizza for thousands of people.  Way better than pretty much any chain pizza.  Id give it a solid 7.

• Haha 1

I would change the my time dining/any time dining. It was a nightmare in November on the Oasis. Got in line at 6:30 hoping to get into the 6:45 time seating even with reservations. Those with no reservations had an even longer line. Was just awful. Know it was my own fault for not choosing early dining, but by the time I had finished eating it was too late for most show. They need to change things up and have two restaurants (or levels of restaurants) one with the early and late dining, one exclusively for my time starting at the early hours and going right through. Gave up and went the the buffet and the food there was horrible.

7 hours ago, JupiterTwo said:

My one thing was going to be to have a shawarma stand on the pool deck like Disney has. Royal doesn't need another pizza, burger, or hot dog offering. Shawarma is easy to carry in a pita, slice a few cuts from a meat on a rotisserie, add some veggies and sauce, and walk away.

The 3 Excel Class ships of Carnival (Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee) all have a shawarma stand built into their buffet area on the Lido deck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinballs83 said:

Sorentos isnt premade.   I watched them stretching dough.  I found sorentos on symphony and oasis to be better than carnival and princess pizza.  I mean what do you expect making pizza for thousands of people.  Way better than pretty much any chain pizza.  Id give it a solid 7.

Pizza is definitely a subjective matter.  Sit-down pizza at Gigi's or Alfredo's on Princess is far and away the best at sea since it's done in a brick oven.  MSC, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, and RCI is our ranking on the half dozen mainstream lines we have sailed.  Have cruised on RCI seven times with 3 booked and we rarely go to Sorrento's.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

But at least they are included and you don't need to pay extra like JR's.  And don't even think about bringing up Sorrento's pre-made garbage vs Carnival's freshly made pizza.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Pizza is definitely a subjective matter.  Sit-down pizza at Gigi's or Alfredo's on Princess is far and away the best at sea since it's done in a brick oven.  MSC, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, and RCI is our ranking on the half dozen mainstream lines we have sailed.  Have cruised on RCI seven times with 3 booked and we rarely go to Sorrento's.

But you now have to pay for pizza at Gigi's or Alfredo's. And the pizza has improved at sorrentos in the last 6 months, definitely fresh not pre made, but as you don't go there......

Edited by bretts173

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

That's pretty much how I would rank them also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pinballs83 said:

I don’t know if we’re pizza snobs or not (we probably are 🤪) but we’re from NY and it’s real hard for any other pizza to come close to it, including Sorrentos. It’s not that bad when it’s freshly out of the oven, but we compare it to frozen store brand pizza.  But it sure tastes good around 930 before we head up to our cabin at night

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I don’t know if we’re pizza snobs or not (we probably are 🤪) but we’re from NY and it’s real hard for any other pizza to come close to it, including Sorrentos. It’s not that bad when it’s freshly out of the oven, but we compare it to frozen store brand pizza.  But it sure tastes good around 930 before we head up to our cabin at night

We just came off our first cruise on MSC Miraviglia and their pizza can compare to any from the NY/NJ area.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, Shayhooper said:

We were just on Allure last week and never had one reminder about any rating in the dining room. First time that ever happened. Very refreshing!

• Like 1