grand princess 20th December till 22nd of January

After many years I finally woke up the the fact that the disembarkation group only indicates the earliest time you can disembark. There is nothing stopping you disembarking a bit later. We leave our cabin by 8am as requested, have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR then disembark. Admittedly we request the latest set of time slots but they always allocate us to the earliest one of that set. Usually we're off within 30 minutes of our time so not delaying things too much. There are usually still groups being called as we leave. 

• Like 2

You can have breakfast in the  MDR on the last day??? We were on Coral last year, only the buffet was open, not even IC,  it was utter chaos, we gave up and ate at the airport! 

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

After many years I finally woke up the the fact that the disembarkation group only indicates the earliest time you can disembark. There is nothing stopping you disembarking a bit later. We leave our cabin by 8am as requested, have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR then disembark. Admittedly we request the latest set of time slots but they always allocate us to the earliest one of that set. Usually we're off within 30 minutes of our time so not delaying things too much. There are usually still groups being called as we leave. 

That’s good to know.I’m committed to a shuttle usually. So I’ll have brekky at 8 and then head home, weather permitting 😅. I don’t have much with me being a short summer cruise.

9 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

You can have breakfast in the  MDR on the last day??? We were on Coral last year, only the buffet was open, not even IC,  it was utter chaos, we gave up and ate at the airport! 

The MDR was open for breakfast on the five cruises we did on Coral in 2022, on Grand last March and on Diamond in November. I think the times are earlier than regular cruise days though.

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The MDR was open for breakfast on the five cruises we did on Coral in 2022, on Grand last March and on Diamond in November. I think the times are earlier than regular cruise days though.

6.30am  in Botticelli dining room 

I am hoping Melbourne can actually supply stock this time! Pretty sad to see the ship running short on a 6 day cruise due to non delivery at the last resupply.

Maybe one of the reasons they are cutting away Melbourne? 

3 hours ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

Was your cruise covid affected?

Has been open for us on Coral & Majestic on each of the last 5 cruises. 6:30 is a bit late if you have a rushed disembark, but we always try to avoid that. There are restrictions though - suite breakfast has the regular menu plus there is no room service breakfast.

To avoid the rush for an early riser, down to International Café nice and early, and grab a light breakfast & coffees to take back to room. We avoid buffet breakfast in general, and especially on disembark morning.

23 minutes ago, mr walker said:

image.png.7cb01f8f26d4b225a85375d2e3622526.png

Sounds interesting to me. Maybe should have put it in "pie thread", but hoping they offer similar on Majestic  10 Feb 🙂 

Up on the pool deck on Majestic (and Coral). They will happily microwave a Mrs Mac for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Was your cruise covid affected?

Has been open for us on Coral & Majestic on each of the last 5 cruises. 6:30 is a bit late if you have a rushed disembark, but we always try to avoid that. There are restrictions though - suite breakfast has the regular menu plus there is no room service breakfast.

To avoid the rush for an early riser, down to International Café nice and early, and grab a light breakfast & coffees to take back to room. We avoid buffet breakfast in general, and especially on disembark morning.

This was June 2022, one of the first after the re start. I know there were cases on board only from tables  outside rooms. Definitely no MDR or IC on last day. Excellent to know we should have better options this time! Thank you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Womble99 said:

I am hoping Melbourne can actually supply stock this time! Pretty sad to see the ship running short on a 6 day cruise due to non delivery at the last resupply.

Maybe one of the reasons they are cutting away Melbourne? 

Not quite sure of what we are running short on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Sounds interesting to me. Maybe should have put it in "pie thread", but hoping they offer similar on Majestic  10 Feb 🙂 

Can’t help much. I only had a piece of cake for lunchIMG_2975.thumb.jpeg.18784d9731f5f1d681143b5772d5f70c.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome back @yes!yes!yes!. Wishing you and your mum a wonderful cruise. Those familiar grey skies are calling me 😁.

I haven’t done a short cruise before and it’s been good.I’m back on Mar for another one as Princess are deserting us, so no more😒

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mr walker said:

We need a review on the Princess Cruises Pie effort, Neil. Although I just noted they serve Mrs Macs, that is cheating, lol.

1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

back on board.

it was raining when we arrived at the port. we had to wait till 11.40 to go inside the terminal  due to passport staff getting held up in a crash on the way to port.

we were a couple of the first on.

we went to the dining room after dropping off our hand luggage in our cabin.

had our usual beef tenderloin.

booked the same table we had last cruise with the same waiters.

we don't use the medallion for anything  so had to do that once on board

20240108_121630.jpg

20240108_121634.jpg

20240108_123208.jpg

20240108_124751.jpg

• Like 1

this cruise i didn't book the plus package so I paid $10 per night for internet.

we have 2 bottles of wine and the elite drinks, plus the elite drinks from last cruise to help tide us over.

I will pay as I go for my drinks in explorers etc.

I never used the alfredos x2 meals, deluxe desserts etc on last cruise. I also don't drink fizzy or coffee, so I will cope just fine without the plus.

we encountered a nasty woman  in the luggage drop off area.

she was really nasty to one of the crew. yelled at him asking if he had ever been in pain, told him to f... off. called him a p...k. she had demanded a chair and there are none. he said he could arrange for a wheelchair  when boarding starts. and thats when she went off. her family  all hung their heads in shame/embarrassment. security were called.

we spoke with the  staff person and security  offering to give a statement.

she should not be allowed on board.

we will give her a wide berth when we see her on board 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we encountered a nasty woman  in the luggage drop off area.

she was really nasty to one of the crew. yelled at him asking if he had ever been in pain, told him to f... off. called him a p...k. she had demanded a chair and there are none. he said he could arrange for a wheelchair  when boarding starts. and thats when she went off. her family  all hung their heads in shame/embarrassment. security were called.

we spoke with the  staff person and security  offering to give a statement.

she should not be allowed on board.

we will give her a wide berth when we see her on board 

Oh dear. A Karen in the wild!!!!!!!!! What IS it with these people?! Were they never taught manners as a child? And do they really think that being obnoxious is going to make people want to help them? If I were a part of her family (heaven forbid), I would have dragged her away and told her to stop acting like a badly brought up toddler!!! She's just an embarrassment to herself. I won't tolerate rudeness especially from family (not that my family is ever rude (at least not in my hearing!). And there is NO excuse for profanity and name calling. Sheez! Stick her in a wheel chair and 'accidentally miss the gang plank' 😠

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

here's some of the stuff in your room

20240108_143744.jpg

This is really handy when you're considering a quick meal in Horizon or going to the MDR. I've never seen a page like this before. Having said that, on our last cruise a lot of paperwork relevant to our cabin, ie kids club info, went to the single lady next door. It took her a few days to realise it was probably meant for us and passed it over.  You don't know what you don't know so we didn't realise we were missing anything!

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

We need a review on the Princess Cruises Pie effort, Neil. Although I just noted they serve Mrs Macs, that is cheating, lol.

1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

On one Princess ship pre-COVID, they served pies made on board. Unfortunately they weren't as good as Mrs Macs. Usually there are several different flavours available and of course, they always have hot chips available.