LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from MeganGC1983! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello Cruise Critic! 
Wow! It’s been a LONG 121 days since the last LIVE, but here we are going back on the Celebration. This time with some of my favorite CC members on a fabulous 7 days out of Miami calling on Amber Cove, San Juan, and St. Thomas. So buckle up, subscribe and follow along LIVE as we sail with your favorite internet friends escaping the cold and drinking a lot! 

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8619.jpeg

• Like 50

Not much change to this sailing. Why fix perfection?! 😆 I snagged Cheers with a discount code (10% off) from that time the website glitched and only charged for one day. I would have appreciated that price more, but I’ll take the 10% off. 
This time, we are trying out Havana. We have a Havana interior after taking a $55 upgrade offer. Excited to try out the tiny pool, the outside bar, and wave at the normies from this elite area. 😉

IMG_8845.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 21

Wow can’t believe I’m #1 follower, just home from dentist and checked cc, there you were Megan, hurray, will be diligently following along, we embark on the 21st, be gentle to the Ship!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Woo Hoo!!  Looking forward to another great LIVE from you!!  And having some special guest stars to boot!!😺

Have a great cruise! We will be drunkenly following along lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

Wow can’t believe I’m #1 follower, just home from dentist and checked cc, there you were Megan, hurray, will be diligently following along, we embark on the 21st, be gentle to the Ship!

We will try not to burn her down, but over 20 CCers can’t be too gentle. 😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Port of call plans: 

Amber Cove- shopping and pool day! The port area has a fantastic pool with a swim up bar. Too bad you can’t use Cheers! there. I also told @pebbles1102 I would zip line with her. Cruise Critic gone wild indeed. 
San Juan- We’ve been to San Juan a lot the last 2 years, and next month, we will sail from there on the Valiant Lady with a ton of friends and family. This time, there’s a few bars we want to check out. I found a list of the “best bars in Old San Juan”. And we might just make it up to the beach at Escambron. I know I’ll be hunting iguanas and plan to crash @Jamman54 at husband daycare. 
St. Thomas- We’ve been trying to get to St. John, but with the times we are in port, I just don’t want to risk it. Previously, we’ve been to Sapphire and Coki beach. We plan to head to Magen’s Bay for our first time and perhaps head up Paradise Point for a daiquiri or a bushwacker. We’ve never been up there either. 

• Like 32

23 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hello Cruise Critic! 
Wow! It’s been a LONG 121 days since the last LIVE, but here we are going back on the Celebration. This time with some of my favorite CC members on a fabulous 7 days out of Miami calling on Amber Cove, San Juan, and St. Thomas. So buckle up, subscribe and follow along LIVE as we sail with your favorite internet friends escaping the cold and drinking a lot! 

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8619.jpeg

You notified Carnival to overstock the bars, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

Like most of the US, most of my friends and family are preparing for our first “major” winter storm of the season. “They” are saying it’s going to be like Feb. 2021. Feb. 2021, we lost power for 4 days and the kids were out of school for a full week… no thank you. Glad I timed this cruise out right! No bread and milk run for me. I did grab some sunscreen today, and it was on clearance. 😝 

The first prediction said the snow would start Friday, and then we would have 6 days below freezing… hard pass. But it did make me worry about that snow on Friday since we fly out Saturday… However, the snow’s been pushed back to Monday and I’m good with that. I’ll be floating in the ocean by then. 😉 And since it’s freezing here, it pretty easy to throw my warm weather clothes in the suitcase and be ready to rock, sooo 

image.jpg

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

You notified Carnival to overstock the bars, right?

They are on notice. Extra bartenders have been called in…heck, we are getting 3 cruise directors. They are rolling out the red carpet for the Cruise Critic members! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 18

Pre-cruise: 

prices for Miami hotels were ridiculous when we all started looking. Of course, we want to be close to the action, Bayside Market and SoCal Cantina, for reasons that will be revealed later. But we also weren’t ready to spend $250 a night. I originally booked Hampton Brickell for $212, then I got an offer to stay at Aloft for $85 with tax… yes, please. It’s a little further away from Bayside than I like, but very close to SoCal and for $85… I’m in. 
We fly into FLL (because it’s cheaper) at 2:50pm. The plan is to check in and meet @Roscoe13 and his beautiful wife, Melania for dinner at the Hard Rock. Then catch up with @sid_9169 at SoCal… surprise! If ya don’t know, now ya know. This Cruise Critic LIVE will be a two-fer! Two for one, two times the fun and then followed up with the recap from @Jamman54 All the shenanigans will be documented and noted! 

IMG_0942.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

They are on notice. Extra bartenders have been called in…heck, we are getting 3 cruise directors. They are rolling out the red carpet for the Cruise Critic members! 

The bars are going to have special hours just for us. 

1 minute extra everyday, per John Heald!

Brilliant! 

He thinks we can't down another drink in 1 minute...

Challenge accepted! 

Edited by Roscoe13
  • Like 3
  • Haha 23

@MeganGC1983 How long are you in port at St. Thomas?  We did St. John on our own.  Made sure and got off the ship right away, took a taxi to the ferry.  At St. John, took another taxi to Trunk Bay.  Had a great time was able to spend 4-5 hours at St. John.  Our port time was 8 to 4.  Took the 9 am ferry over and the 2 pm ferry back.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@MeganGC1983 How long are you in port at St. Thomas?  We did St. John on our own.  Made sure and got off the ship right away, took a taxi to the ferry.  At St. John, took another taxi to Trunk Bay.  Had a great time was able to spend 4-5 hours at St. John.  Our port time was 8 to 4.  Took the 9 am ferry over and the 2 pm ferry back.

7-4. I just don’t see us getting out and about THAT early. We will there someday! 

• Like 6