Quick question on refundable OBC

chisoxfan

A quick question I could not find a simple answer to after initial search. After decades of cruising I should know but rarely had TA credit which I believe is refundable (unless that has changed). It is not a lot but I also have a great deal (for us) of non refundable X OBC. Does non refundable OBC get used first ie if I have 800 of cruiseline OBC and 100 TA OBC and use 800 on cruise... would the 100 remain and be credited after cruise automatically- would I need to go to guest relations at end of cruise. Many thanks in advance.

Yes, non-refundable is used first.  I got a refund of my TA OBC last month after using up the non-refundable OBC.  No need to go to guest services to request the refund, but I did verify towards the end of the cruise that my balance was refundable.  It took about 7 business days for the refund to show up on my credit card.

Non-refundable goes first. You can also ask the TA if they can give you a check. They can't always do it and sometimes it's not always for the full amount but when you have excessive credit it simplifies your onboard account. 

You can also get the remainder in cash at Guest Services the last day of your cruise. I prefer this method as I get points on my credit card and don't want to lose points with refund to the card. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

A quick question I could not find a simple answer to after initial search. After decades of cruising I should know but rarely had TA credit which I believe is refundable (unless that has changed). It is not a lot but I also have a great deal (for us) of non refundable X OBC. Does non refundable OBC get used first ie if I have 800 of cruiseline OBC and 100 TA OBC and use 800 on cruise... would the 100 remain and be credited after cruise automatically- would I need to go to guest relations at end of cruise. Many thanks in advance.

Yes, non refundable is used first, and at the end of the cruise any unused refundable is automatically credited back to your credit card on file (any unused non refundable at the end of the cruise is lost).  You don’t need to go to guest services to do this.  However, when you are on the ship, please go to guest services and have them print out a copy of your account to verify the amount of non refundable and refundable shipboard credit you have available.  Then, during the cruise, periodically check your account on the TV to verify your use of the shipboard credit.

John

The non refundable and refundable show as separate credits on your on board account on the TV in your cabin.

We always check it the morning of day 2 to make sure it is posted and correct.

• Like 1

Yes.  All charges are first applied to Non-Refundable OBC.    Anything left over of your Refundable will be automatically refunded to your credit card or on last day of cruise you can pull it out in cash at the front desk.

It is not a guarantee that your TA’s OBC is refundable.  Sometimes it is, sometimes not.  You will be able to see how it’s coded on the television under your account.  If it is OBR it’s refundable.  If it’s OBN it is not.

• Like 1

We love it.  Usually have plenty of ship OBC so we leave the TA OBC for a refund.  Always amazed that some people won’t use a TA. Just throwing money away. Actually I used to do that until I realized that I didn’t need to be in ‘control’ of my booking.  All the free

money I threw away.. ugh!