Diamond Internet Perk

Hi all, 

Husband and I will be diamond after this upcoming sailing. The benefits for internet say 1 free day for 1 device only. Does that mean 1 device per cabin for 2 people or 1 device per person for 2 people?

TIA 

P. 

One devise for one day  per D member in the cabin. 

You can however log off one device and use  another. Ex - log off phone and use laptop.  You can each use the benefit  on different day, log on and off,  and each have internet use in two days.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I assume its 24 hours straight from the time you first log in as opposed it being broken up into 'blocks' of time. eg: 5 hrs, then another 7 later on, etc. 

Correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I assume its 24 hours straight from the time you first log in as opposed it being broken up into 'blocks' of time. eg: 5 hrs, then another 7 later on, etc. 

Wish it were where we could sign on & off to use the 24 hr period to our advantage to string it over days. Instead of a continuous 24 hours. 

• Like 5

The one device stipulation is one device AT A TIME. You can log in as many different devices as you want but only one at a time. As for the 24 hr. period, I usually log on for the first time around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. That allows me to use it for the rest of the first day and a big chunk of the following day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The one device stipulation is one device AT A TIME. You can log in as many different devices as you want but only one at a time. As for the 24 hr. period, I usually log on for the first time around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. That allows me to use it for the rest of the first day and a big chunk of the following day.

Thats what we do.

24 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Would you like it where you could sign in and out and use your 24 hours over multiple days? Rather than 24 continuous hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Would you like it where you could sign in and out and use your 24 hours over multiple days? Rather than 24 continuous hours. 

Agree. That's how it works with Celebrity's CC internet perk for Elite and above. 

17 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Of course I would prefer it to be that way. I'd rather not be burning my 24 hrs. while I'm sleeping.

• Like 1

My wife and I are D+, so we get 4 days of Internet. I don't use, so on a 14 day cruise, should we

buy an Internet package or wait and buy 10 days on the cruise? Thanks

23 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

My wife and I are D+, so we get 4 days of Internet. I don't use, so on a 14 day cruise, should we

You'd have to check the math. 10 days bought on board may be more expensive than 14 in advance.

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

I would not buy it I would break it down into 4 x 24 hours lots , starting at 12 noon one day finishing 12 noon the next covering 8 half days of net . Plus can find wifi in port.  🙂

Hi,

My wife and I are also D+

I do not really bother with internet whilst on holiday as I am on holiday and want to spend all my time away enjoying what I am doing and not getting tied down with what's back home, which I have little or no control over. I may use the device for 5 minutes here and there, but rarely any longer.

However, my wife likes to chat wife her kids and grandkids and also uses the internet for checking in for flights etc.

So like some have already said, we get 2 x 2 free 24hrs each and I let her use mine and she will log in after lunch on one day and have that 24hr internet through to lunch the next.

On a weeks cruise she will get internet just about every day without having to buy a package.

On a longer cruise, like 15 days, she will again log in a lunch and split it over the next 2 days, then if nothing important needs sorting, leave it a few days and then repeat.

Even at Diamond level, it is possible to get internet for the best part of 4 days between you if you log on at right time each day for each session.

Don't forget to forward plan though, some days you may be at port and off ship for most of the day, so you don't want to be wasting valuable internet time there. We would normally activate it when getting back on board on a port day where a sea day follows next.

We have never had to buy an internet package and that money we have saved can then be used for something else during the cruise.

Don't forget too, that if an emergency arises and you need to email home or somewhere and have no internet, you can always approach the Concierge in the Crown Lounge and they should then be able to phone guest services and arrange for you to visit them and they will then send a message to wherever - unless things have changed.

As well as the free drinks, the free photo, the free internet is also a really good perk for those that need to contact home from time to time, but don't need to constantly be in touch for the whole cruise. There is a lot of money to be saved when you are Diamond and above when you come to think of it.

Enjoy your time on board - it always seems to go so quickly.

Hope this helps.

Mick.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mick B said:

Hi,

My wife and I are also D+

I do not really bother with internet whilst on holiday as I am on holiday and want to spend all my time away enjoying what I am doing and not getting tied down with what's back home, which I have little or no control over. I may use the device for 5 minutes here and there, but rarely any longer.

However, my wife likes to chat wife her kids and grandkids and also uses the internet for checking in for flights etc.

So like some have already said, we get 2 x 2 free 24hrs each and I let her use mine and she will log in after lunch on one day and have that 24hr internet through to lunch the next.

On a weeks cruise she will get internet just about every day without having to buy a package.

On a longer cruise, like 15 days, she will again log in a lunch and split it over the next 2 days, then if nothing important needs sorting, leave it a few days and then repeat.

Even at Diamond level, it is possible to get internet for the best part of 4 days between you if you log on at right time each day for each session.

Don't forget to forward plan though, some days you may be at port and off ship for most of the day, so you don't want to be wasting valuable internet time there. We would normally activate it when getting back on board on a port day where a sea day follows next.

We have never had to buy an internet package and that money we have saved can then be used for something else during the cruise.

Don't forget too, that if an emergency arises and you need to email home or somewhere and have no internet, you can always approach the Concierge in the Crown Lounge and they should then be able to phone guest services and arrange for you to visit them and they will then send a message to wherever - unless things have changed.

As well as the free drinks, the free photo, the free internet is also a really good perk for those that need to contact home from time to time, but don't need to constantly be in touch for the whole cruise. There is a lot of money to be saved when you are Diamond and above when you come to think of it.

Enjoy your time on board - it always seems to go so quickly.

Hope this helps.

Mick.

Thanks Mick! I'm with you, I don't need Internet on a cruise, but my wife likes to communicate

with her family in Thailand. Our cruise has 9 sea days before we have a port, so she'll skip the first day, then split our four free Internet days over the next eight sea days, so if we have to purchase a couple of days of Internet for the final 6 days that's okay. We'll be returning to Thailand after this cruise for a 2 month visit, but thanks for your advice!

Hi,

And that's it!

There are ways to use the free internet given to us once Diamond without the need to purchase a package if you plan things out ahead. Unless, of course, you need internet constantly throughout.

Everyone is different and some cannot live without internet for whatever reason or may need it for work etc and I have met plenty people who work from the cruise ship (instead of home) and I cannot blame them if they figure out how to do that.

Mick.

I log on at around 3 pm one day and that stretches to the next day until 3 pm .

Then we log on the next device at 3 pm and that stretches to the following day at 3 pm.

Thats how we get 4 days instead of 2 for my wife and i .🙂

• Like 2