Bringing wine onboard

koolkat63

It doesn’t seem to say in the FAQ however I believe it has to be a 750ml bottle or smaller.

It also doesn’t say however I think it is pretty obvious that it only applies to adults.  Infants are not allowed to bring on wine.😄

Somewhere else on the website it says should be carried on, not checked.

If you put one in your carryon and one in your checked bag, a couple can bring 4 bottles. That’s what we’ll do when we board in Rome with some nice Italian reds. 

I think the cork fee is $25 but I’ve never not had the premium package. 

• Thanks 1

$25 but that's only if you bring the bottle with you to dinner. Your cabin steward can provide you with a bottle opener and appropriate glasses for you to enjoy in your room. You can fill your glass and bring that with you into the dining room, theater, where ever you wish. When we bring a smaller cabin wine glass into the dining room, the somellier usually swaps that glass out for one of the Reidel glasses. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kathynorth said:

$25 but that's only if you bring the bottle with you to dinner. Your cabin steward can provide you with a bottle opener and appropriate glasses for you to enjoy in your room. You can fill your glass and bring that with you into the dining room, theater, where ever you wish. When we bring a smaller cabin wine glass into the dining room, the somellier usually swaps that glass out for one of the Reidel glasses. 

I drink cabernet and prefer the larger glasses. Cabin attendant cannot always get them so I pick up just before I go to cabin for the evening at a bar closest to elevator.  Always keep a bottle opener in my suitcase.

Edited by drakes2
Spelling
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, kathynorth said:

So just to make sure I understand, If you bring bottle of wine on board and drink it in your room/balcony there is no fee, the fee is only charged if you bring bottle to dining room. Is this correct?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BobbM81 said:

If you put one in your carryon and one in your checked bag, a couple can bring 4 bottles. That’s what we’ll do when we board in Rome with some nice Italian reds. 

I think the cork fee is $25 but I’ve never not had the premium package. 

Your luggage will go through a scanner.  If they see bottles inside, they will be pulled aside and you will need to retrieve them from security.  There is a good chance the bottles will be removed and you can collect them at debarkation.  All beverages must be carried on.

5 minutes ago, LImom said:

So just to make sure I understand, If you bring bottle of wine on board and drink it in your room/balcony there is no fee, the fee is only charged if you bring bottle to dining room. Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. You can also take a glass of wine out of the room and bring it anywhere you want. You just can't carry the bottle around the ship with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, snowmc said:

Your luggage will go through a scanner.  If they see bottles inside, they will be pulled aside and you will need to retrieve them from security.  There is a good chance the bottles will be removed and you can collect them at debarkation.  All beverages must be carried on.

Where can I see this written out in our cruise contract stating wines must be carried in or they will be confiscated?  We never carry wines in our carryons since we bring very light carryon.  The bottles are always in our luggage. 

18 minutes ago, LImom said:

Yes

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snowmc said:

Putting wine in carryon is recommended by many travelers but it isn’t required by the cruise line

55 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Putting wine in carryon is recommended by many travelers but it isn’t required by the cruise line

Yup. We have put our wine in Our checked luggage many times and never had a problem. The only thing that seems to happen is it takes the luggage longer to arrive. 

4 hours ago, rinshin said:

Where can I see this written out in our cruise contract stating wines must be carried in or they will be confiscated?  We never carry wines in our carryons since we bring very light carryon.  The bottles are always in our luggage. 

I just reviewed the website and my cruise docs that arrived this past week and there is no mention of wine having to be in carry ons. 

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe that snowmc’s advice was overly cautious.  There is no requirement that wine must be in carry on only

If you put wine in checked luggage then its scanned put aside for you to identify and you get your luggage late possibly not in time to change for dinner in which case you are eating in the clothes you wore all day. Not worth the hassle plus you bring luggage to the cabin yourself.  

we  will carry our on..Got a nice neoprene  protective sack for w btls at Walmart online... 

we believe it's 2 btls per cabiand no corkage fee if you have an alc package?? but ours is for our room with snacks...

Thank you.  Will bring wine in our regular luggage.  Carryon is always light with us.  We don’t mind going to dinner in the same clothes since we are spending 3 nights in Amsterdam hotel pre-boarding. 

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If you put wine in checked luggage then its scanned put aside for you to identify and you get your luggage late possibly not in time to change for dinner in which case you are eating in the clothes you wore all day. Not worth the hassle plus you bring luggage to the cabin yourself.  

That may be do but it is still not a requirement from the cruise line that wine can ONLY go in the carry on.  

The advice about the luggage came in reply to a comment about taking 4 bottles by splitting it up in carry on and in luggage. Trying to bring on extra can result in confiscation and (hopefully) return of the excess at disembarking.