MSC Seashore Yacht Club - Which floor? 16 or 18?

aimcat

Looking at booking YC on Seashore for a cruise that leaves in about 10 days. Choices are 16 or 18th floor, and middle or more aft toward the restaurants, lounges, etc or pool area. Which would you pick?

37 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Looking at booking YC on Seashore for a cruise that leaves in about 10 days. Choices are 16 or 18th floor, and middle or more aft toward the restaurants, lounges, etc or pool area. Which would you pick?

Just got off Seashore on YC.  More forward is closer to lounge and restaurant.

Aft is closer to stairs and elevator up to pool.

Both floors are good.

Just us a TA!!

Edited by mscdivina2016
  • Like 1

Off the Seashore today back to back YC, deck 16 and deck 18. Both are good but give the nod to 16.  Middle for us is best, definitely not behind the Y.

Edited by Todd320

Thanks for the help! I just noticed that we were looking at different dates and itenerieries...both go to Nassau but one stays in Ocean cay til 11pm the other stays over night. The one that leaves at 11pm stays in Nassau longer. Just wondering opinions on that? Ive never stayed at a port overnight. 

1 hour ago, aimcat said:

Are you booking a Deluxe suite or a Deluxe Grand suite?

Also, the restaurant and lounge are forward, not aft.

The ship docks with the starboard side facing Ocean Cay most of the time.

1 hour ago, aimcat said:

Thanks for the help! I just noticed that we were looking at different dates and itenerieries...both go to Nassau but one stays in Ocean cay til 11pm the other stays over night. The one that leaves at 11pm stays in Nassau longer. Just wondering opinions on that? Ive never stayed at a port overnight. 

I would pick the one that overnights in Ocean Cay.  Ocean Cay is a real highlight of any cruise. If you can get a second morning in OC then that would a bonus vs more time in Nassau.  Note if booking an outside YC cabin the Seashore normally docks on the starboard side (right)

in OC so that side gives you nice views of the island.

• Like 1

I’d pick the same deck as the lounge. While staff will carry things back to your cabin for you, we would bring our own drinks/snacks back and being on the same deck was very convenient. I’d also vote for as much time at Ocean Cay as possible. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aimcat said:

We are booking a balcony Deluxe suite not the grand, for those who asked. 

I prefer the ones beyond the bump out because you can get a better view along the sides of the ship. I don't mind the walk to the lounge/restaurant so if choosing between deck 16 (16028, 16030, 16032, 16034) and deck 18 (16030, 16032, 16034, 16036, 16038, 16040), I would take the one that is the most forward of the group. I would avoid the ones that are at the most rear that border the wall to the Jungle Pool area. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I don't mind the walk to the lounge/restaurant so if choosing between deck 16 (16028, 16030, 16032, 16034) and deck 18 (16030, 16032, 16034, 16036, 16038, 16040), I would take the one that is the most forward of the group.

That should be 18030, 18032, 18034, 18036, 18038, 18040.

....stupid phone...😠

• 2 weeks later...

We go to the lounge more often than the restaurant, and sometimes when going to the restaurant we like to stop at the lounge first anyways to chill and have a drink before heading up. We prefer the 16th floor because of that.

4 hours ago, miched said:

Will the butler serve you drinks in your cabin?

Thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes they will but after Midnight it's doubtful. Despite 24 hour butler service statement, it's not really true. Between 2am-4am it takes 30 minutes for any request at a minimum it seems .

On my last half dozen requests between those hours a butler does not even show up but someone else who is just a regular crew.