What’s replacing tap factory on wonder

Hi all - aside from rcl’s broadway shows, tap factory was up there in uniqueness.  We loved it, in addition to voices.  We really didn’t enjoy effectors as it was a show for kids without a good storyline.

It seems rcl lost the license for tap factory which is unfortunate.  Does anyone know what will replace this awesome show?

That’s unfortunate.  He’s a very subpar act that I feel like goes from ship to ship and many have seen too many times.

If tap factory isn’t a broadway show, would why have rcl lost the license? 

Tap factory was awesome.  Hopefully they replace it with another amazing show or better headline acts.

17 minutes ago, cruzvaca said:

And so it continues….Just another example of having to pay more for the price of a cruise and getting less for the cruise experience. What will they take away next?

Norwegian is replacing boardway style shows with more game shows they do in the theater

i wont be surprised to see lots of cutbacks with entertainment

last week i got off the radiance and i felt the evening entertainment was lacking

2 hours ago, cruzvaca said:

And so it continues….Just another example of having to pay more for the price of a cruise and getting less for the cruise experience. What will they take away next?

This is subjective. I didn't care for Tap Factory at all and am happy to see it go.

I'm also sailing Wonder multiple times in the near future so I'd rather have a random headliner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is subjective. I didn't care for Tap Factory at all and am happy to see it go.

I'm also sailing Wonder multiple times in the near future so I'd rather have a random headliner.

Like you, we did not care for Tap Factory.  The contortionist was especially bothersome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

My favorite thing is dinner, drinks and a show each night. Considering there is no broadway show on wonder I was looking forward to this when I am on her soon. If I have already seen the juggler on another ship that will be disappointing.

2 minutes ago, cruzvaca said:

My favorite thing is dinner, drinks and a show each night. Considering there is no broadway show on wonder I was looking forward to this when I am on her soon. If I have already seen the juggler on another ship that will be disappointing.

Everyone likes what they like. Different strokes...

I've already seen every show on Wonder and wasn't going to ever see Tap Factory, Voices, or Effectors again so I have nothing to lose with a headliner. We loved the ice show and I don't mind seeing aqua shows more than once if there's nothing else we want to do.

I'm not a huge theater show guy (never go to Broadway shows) so I'm actually looking forward to free time after dinner to go to a game show, listen to music, just have drinks, eat more food (I'd do this part regardless, lol), etc. Sorry you're disappointed that there may be one less show to see but I'm sure you'll find something to do in its place.

1 hour ago, cruzvaca said:

My favorite thing is dinner, drinks and a show each night....

Exactly this!

We are on Wonder in March and can't wait.  It's a shame there is no Broadway show but we did enjoy Effectors on Odyssey so looking forward to seeing part 2.  I will say though, if Tap Factory is just a bunch of people tap dancing, I think i prefer a headliner.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

I will say though, if Tap Factory is just a bunch of people tap dancing

Moot point now but no, it's not. It's hard to describe. It has a few different elements.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

we did enjoy Effectors on Odyssey so looking forward to seeing part 2

I never saw the original but if you liked it I'm sure you will like this one.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We are on Wonder in March and can't wait.

Ditto. March 17th for us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Moot point now but no, it's not. It's hard to describe. It has a few different elements.

I never saw the original but if you liked it I'm sure you will like this one.

Ditto. March 17th for us.

We're the week before you. 

• Like 1

Tap Factory no longer on Wonder.  Last week we have Effectors2 and a juggling act-two guys who've been on AGT and other shows.  Just an average act.  I can see why they didn't win on AGT.  As far as I could tell, the Royal Theater was empty except for the last 3 nights.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Tap Factory no longer on Wonder.  Last week we have Effectors2 and a juggling act-two guys who've been on AGT and other shows.  Just an average act.  I can see why they didn't win on AGT.  As far as I could tell, the Royal Theater was empty except for the last 3 nights.

You left out Voices, which is also a main theater show.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, cruzvaca said:

We are identical in our favorites. We loved the shows on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago and thought the headliners,  and including the juggler. 

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

You're correct.  We missed Voices due to scheduling conflicts.

As mentioned, shows are as subjective as anything else, but I would have happily missed Voices if I could go back in time.

• Like 2