10 alcoholic drink card Royal Caribbean

Someone on a different board said that ships have a drink card available for $99. good for 10 alcoholic drinks. This is suppose to be available on the first day. It is a drink card that gets punched after each drink. Has anyone heard of this? Is it true? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, cdn.cruiser said:

Someone on a different board said that ships have a drink card available for $99. good for 10 alcoholic drinks. This is suppose to be available on the first day. It is a drink card that gets punched after each drink. Has anyone heard of this? Is it true? Thank you.

Havent seen it in a long time snd never on the first day

Usually day 4 or 5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our last Royal Caribbean cruise was last March on the Wonder and did not see the card offered. Pre pandemic we saw it all the time, usually it was offered mid cruise, we never saw it on the first day. Not sure if it was phased out. 

It was on Explorer in the med in August. I think it was priced around $95-$96 and was definitely towards the end of the week. 

My understanding was that the 10 drink card would appear if drinks sales had been sluggish but that could be rubbish. 

• Like 2

I was on the vision during the holiday cruise and it was offered. One of the waitstaff told me about it on maybe the 2nd day of the 8 day cruise but wasnt available to purchase until the last 3 days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

It was on Explorer in the med in August. I think it was priced around $95-$96 and was definitely towards the end of the week. 

My understanding was that the 10 drink card would appear if drinks sales had been sluggish but that could be rubbish. 

Yes, in past used only later in a Cruise to make up low Liquor Sales to help meet that Sailings quota. Many times was with only 2-3 days left

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

We had the 10 punch drink card on the Brillance back in 2017(about 6 years ago). It was a 12 night cruise in the Mediterrean. The card was available for purchase on the second day of the cruise for $75 plus gratuities. From what I am reading on this thread, it seems they are only making it available towards the end of the cruise instead of one or two days after embarkation if they are making them available at all. With Mrs. Cheesepleese  and I enjoying a drink not necessarily every day it made sense to get a drink card to spread out over most of the length of the cruise. We are not big drinkers so a drink package would be a waste of money for us. If they are only making it available with a couple to three days left, I have to wonder for ourselves if it makes sense then to purchase it if you have to knock them back in that short of time frame. 

Just my thoughts, cheers!

7 hours ago, Cheesepleese said:

We had the 10 punch drink card on the Brillance back in 2017(about 6 years ago). It was a 12 night cruise in the Mediterrean. The card was available for purchase on the second day of the cruise for $75 plus gratuities. From what I am reading on this thread, it seems they are only making it available towards the end of the cruise instead of one or two days after embarkation if they are making them available at all. With Mrs. Cheesepleese  and I enjoying a drink not necessarily every day it made sense to get a drink card to spread out over most of the length of the cruise. We are not big drinkers so a drink package would be a waste of money for us. If they are only making it available with a couple to three days left, I have to wonder for ourselves if it makes sense then to purchase it if you have to knock them back in that short of time frame. 

Just my thoughts, cheers!

These drink cards are shareable, like the coffee cards, so you and Mrs. Cheesepleese could get one between you if they show up on your sailing.

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

These drink cards are shareable, like the coffee cards, so you and Mrs. Cheesepleese could get one between you if they show up on your sailing.

Yes, you're right, I forgot to mention that you can share it like the coffee card. We did share it on the Med cruise. Thanks for mentioning this. Cheers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but rare. It may not be advertised at all so you'll have to go to a bar and ask for it.

I've heard of these cards here -- but have never seen then offered.  Has anyone been successful in asking to buy a card?  If so, how long ago?  

Late Nov 2023 - Oasis, available and advertised at the bar on day 5 of 7 night sailing

Early December 2023 - Odyssey, available and advertised at the bar on day 4 of 6 night sailing

These were both the first times I had seen it advertised since the pandemic

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Has anyone been successful in asking to buy a card?  If so, how long ago?  

Vision had them on the last sailing. Again, it was not advertised, you had to ask.