Pinnacle Grill Lunch

2 minutes ago, sunchaser49 said:

Will the Pinnacle Grill be open for lunch on my upcoming Nieuw Statendam cruise? If so, would I be able to book it before I board?

It should be open on sea days.  You cannot book PG luncheon until you are on board.  Go to the specialty dining podium on embarkation day to secure a spot.

• Like 2

On the Nieuw Statendam, the dining podium is across the atrium from guest services. We make it our first stop to secure our PG lunch reservations. You'll have 2 sea days which you can reserve if you are on a 7 day sailing.

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Good suggestion. How soon after you board do functions like that start to work?

As soon as you're logged into the ship's intranet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found the reservations podium by the Lido pool adjacent to dive in on Zaandam. There really wasn't much of a line, While the Navigator app may be an option, we are still hearing reports of the many quirks of the app, I like a face to face contact with direct entry into the ship's booking system. Fortunately for us we don't really covet Pinnacle Lunch reservations. If we can book it without much hassle then cool, if not, oh well. Of course our next cruise has many sea days so I'm sure we will get more than one hassle free reservation.

• Like 2

The PG burger is so yummy,

20231104_075437.thumb.jpg.413ee2618919fd02ae9db7d21378b8fe.jpg

20231104_075337.thumb.jpg.8c52bab6ddb0c694350cf6dccacd9a74.jpg

as is the chocolate dessert w/coffee gelato and popcorn.

20231104_083242.thumb.jpg.9cee60a22f43bfdc74ed4de89e98bd83.jpgBoth are available only in PG and only on lunch menu.

DH enjoys the crabcakes.

20231104_075451.thumb.jpg.9061bdef3e04ad0453a2797ef92d2f15.jpg

The lunch tenderloin is also great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Good suggestion. How soon after you board do functions like that start to work?

As soon as you connect to the ship's WLAN. Don't do it while you are in line on the gangway, though. Heads down, staring at your phone is not for our demographic. We're in the eyes-forward, paying attention age bracket.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Maybe we've been lucky, but on our last 3 or 4 cruises, we just showed up at noon and got in. No reservation and no problem! Sometimes, it was almost empty.

On one cruise, the Pinnacle was so available for lunch that they had dining room waiters reminding people at dinner that the Pinnacle was doing lunch the next day. 

9 minutes ago, POA1 said:

As soon as you connect to the ship's WLAN. Don't do it while you are in line on the gangway, though. Heads down, staring at your phone is not for our demographic. We're in the eyes-forward, paying attention age bracket.

Oh yeah. I can trip when I AM paying attention, never mind when I'm looking at my phone.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Is PG open for lunch while cruising in Glacier Bay ?

I'm not sure what ship you may be on but the Pinnacle grill on Zaandam is a windowless space, I don't think I would choose that for Glacier Bay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure what ship you may be on but the Pinnacle grill on Zaandam is a windowless space, I don't think I would choose that for Glacier Bay.

Eurodam. I'm considering giving a PG Lunch to friends who will be on a 7 day Alaska trip from Seattle, so I'm counting the sea days, and how many opportunities they'll have to use it. 

Edited by Boatdrill

4 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Eurodam. I'm considering giving a PG Lunch to friends who will be on a 7 day Alaska trip from Seattle, so I'm counting the sea days, and how many opportunities they'll have to use it. 

What a great gesture but for many Glacier Bay is the highlight of their Alaska cruise. If we decide to do another Alaska voyage, Glacier Bay will be a must on the itinerary and we won't be indoors when we are in Glacier Bay, you can't hear the glacier or feel the power of the environment.

I agree 100%. 

On the other hand, a window table in the PG while cruising in Glacier Bay will offer a million dollar view if they decide to use it that day....if it's open.  I still don't know if it is.  🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

I agree 100%. 

On the other hand, a window table in the PG while cruising in Glacier Bay will offer a million dollar view if they decide to use it that day....if it's open.  I still don't know if it is.  🙂

We've enjoyed some great window views in PG, but I have never checked to see if they're open on Glacier Bay day. Agree the views would likely be awesome, we rotate between our balcony, bow and Crow's Nest.