Oosterdam in Ushuaia on March 13th 2024, AT NOON🤔😫😫😫😫

kkon

Am I the only person having trouble finding a shore excursion that starts at noon when the Oosterdam docks in Ushuaia?

all of the shore excursions that are independent start at 0900 hours.the only excursions that start at noon leave from the ship, and some of these are already sold out.

Thoughts anyone?

Kevin

So are you saying HAL is deliberately sailing slower to stop anyone from doing private tours? Or that HAL should sail faster, burn more fuel, so you can do a private tour? And there is no other consideration, like maybe tides?

Neither, what I am saying is that the independent tour operators in Ushuaia like Viator either have not yet adjusted their tour starting times to 0900, or they are not going to adjust their time. In which case many people on board the Oosterdam will have to depend on the tours offered by HAL from the ship and some of those have already sold out. It’s made it very difficult to book a shore excursion.

• Thanks 1

Possibly a group of you would have better luck getting a private tour operator to agree to your arrival time???

Maybe you could find a taxi?

We enjoyed Ushuaia on foot, visiting the old prison, eating lunch, and strolling through the downtown.  Nice shopping and local dancers near the port.

Good luck.

Barbara

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kkon said:

Neither, what I am saying is that the independent tour operators in Ushuaia like Viator either have not yet adjusted their tour starting times to 0900, or they are not going to adjust their time. In which case many people on board the Oosterdam will have to depend on the tours offered by HAL from the ship and some of those have already sold out. It’s made it very difficult to book a shore excursion.

Viator is not an independent tour operator.  It just an intermediary that offers tours and you pay a premium and have no control

do a bit of research and book directly - believe me it makes life easier and your tour more personal not to mention usually  cheaper.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We arranged a private tour for 3 hours, there were 4 of us.  We did not want a tour with a stop for lunch, just wanted to see the beauty of the Tierra del Fuego National Park.  We chose to start @1 hour after the ship arrived so we were not in the mad house of getting on the first tender.  Sebastian, our guide, has extensive knowledge of the area and we could not have been happier.  I will send you the contact info if you are interested.  Cherie 

• Like 1

You should post on your Roll Call.

There is also another very active Roll Call for the 31 day cruise.

I am currently on the ship and arranged a private small group tour 10 months ago with AlmaCalma Expediciones.  You can follow my LIVE thread for a review after the tour on the 12th

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kkon said:

Just to clarify, Viator is not an independent tour operator, they are a 3rd party sales agent.

May I suggest researching actual tour operators and engaging in discussions with them directly, as I expect they will be more than happy to adjust the timing of private tours.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 4:16 PM, kkon said:

Am I the only person having trouble finding a shore excursion that starts at noon when the Oosterdam docks in Ushuaia?

all of the shore excursions that are independent start at 0900 hours.the only excursions that start at noon leave from the ship, and some of these are already sold out.

Thoughts anyone?

Kevin

Maybe post this in the roll calls.  There is one for the first segment and one for the whole 31 day cruise.